• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Based on the last 24 hours of Pokémon conversation, i’m just going to say there’s no right or wrong way to play a video game, not is there a right or wrong way to design one...as long as it works, that is.

Pokémon has been wildly successful because whether you believe or not, it reaches the largest demographics. If you just want to play through a Pokémon story, defeat the Elite Four and complete your Pokédex, you can do that. If you want to beat the Battle Tree, Tower, or Island, you can do that. You can choose your own story.

You can also pick your team the way you like, because why shouldn’t you be able to? The minute you make something that appeals to choice have fewer choices, the less fun it becomes.

There have been comparisons made between Yokai Watch and SMT, and asking why Pokémon doesn’t do things they have done, such as making it so that you have to switch to better Pokémon. Thing is...why would they change that to be like the other series when Pokémon is by far as away more successful and known worldwide than both of them?

I don’t even care that this is off topic lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Based on the last 24 hours of Pokémon conversation, i’m just going to say there’s no right or wrong way to play a video game, not is there a right or wrong way to design one...as long as it works, that is.
i've already said that and resigned to ****posting cause everyone was trying to outdo each other anyway lol

Iridium

Smash Hero
Pokémon talk is the one time we all get to be objectively wrong about something now.

D

Deleted member

I suggest we move on from Pokemon and discuss how Persona music is gonna be in Smash now.

I'm listening to 5's soundtrack atm and the thought that I'm gonna hear this stuff in Smash with potential remixes reminds me how freakin' bonkers Smash Bros. is now.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well guess what? I'm a Bad Girl!
*cries while holding baseball bat*
Don't forget the beer.

Did you know that Bad Girl is a reflection of Travis which probably why her dad was chosen to be the player2 in this new game?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
the villain of yokai watch 3 is the leader of the ghost mafia, which also doubles as the ghost men in black, and he was also sent away into space as punishment for being the leader of the ghost mafia. and also his true form is yokai that makes words into truth and primarily uses that to summon yetis and crystal skulls to attack you during his boss fight

he is named both The Ghoulfather and Don Spiracy

sleep time now

osby

Smash Obsessed
I suggest we move on from Pokemon and discuss how Persona music is gonna be in Smash now.

I'm listening to 5's soundtrack atm and the thought that I'm gonna hear this stuff in Smash with potential remixes reminds me how freakin' bonkers Smash Bros. is now.
*Joker vs :ultbowser::ultkrool::ultkingdedede: while Rivers in the Desert blasting in the background*

D

Deleted member

*Joker vs :ultbowser::ultkrool::ultkingdedede: while Rivers in the Desert blasting in the background*
Beautiful. Just...beautiful.

Smash Bros. is cool.

I honestly wonder if it'll only be P5 music. I would love to see "I'll Face Myself" and "Burn my Dread" in the game.

D

Deleted member

I'll be brutally honest.

I Never Saw It Coming how painfully average I found Persona 5's soundtrack to be.

So in that department I'm not really excited for the first pack.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Of all the hot videogame-related takes I ever heard, "liking a Pokemon for their design is shallow and this is why Yokai Watch is better" has gotta be the worst of them all.

Smashdown
Way to completely miss my point that Pokemon doesn't make beating the game with favorites anything special since trash monsters can do that while Yo-Kai Watch makes its game actually challenging but still has options to make low tiers usable for something BESIDES the story but is not an easy game whatsoever. (See? I can actually explain what my point is unlike these guys saying "you miss the point" without elaborating)

Yokai Watch ain't bad but it has the "let's make 100 variants of this guy" syndrome. There have to be like 2 billion versions of that cat.

Monster Rancher and Digimon have this problem as well.

Pokémon to a much lesser degree which is funny.
Then you realize each and every Jibanyan form is actually unique and serves completely different roles in battle. You really can't compare any of them because of how unique they all manage to be and are all high Rank monsters that have more long term usefulness or are super rare and hard to get, giving them high trade value. You really can't compare Jibanyan to Koalanyan for example because one is an attacker and one is an offensive cleric.
There's literally an entire method of Pokemon dedicated to hunting a rare recolor that tends to look ugly and does absolutely nothing. It's called shiny hunting.
I suggest that if you want to complain about an overabundance of recolors, take it up with Dragon Quest first that suffers with this issue WAY more than YKW. There are more variants of Slime than there are of Nyans but they're STILL all actually unique and usable and DQM still manages to be a more praiseworthy monster collector due to being a kids game that's actually challenging unlike Pokemon.

Cocobanana is actually praiseworthy due to its high Rank stats and useful Skill. Oh Bah Gah is a low Rank but thanks to things like Soul Gems and Turnabeads, low Ranks like him are more usable.

D

Deleted member

We're gonna get instrumental remixes, mark my words
Maybe. I kind of doubt that, though; I just think SE is making people jumpy about this. To my knowledge, Atlus doesn't have the same level of tricky situations and copyright shenanigans that SE does.

EDIT: Wait, I think I may have misread your post. Were you saying the remixes would be instrumental, are that all the songs will be?

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Beautiful. Just...beautiful.

Smash Bros. is cool.

I honestly wonder if it'll only be P5 music. I would love to see "I'll Face Myself" and "Burn my Dread" in the game.

Ideally, I'd get Mass Destruction in Smash and ascend to a higher place of existence, but I'll take what I can get.

D

Deleted member

Explain why they ruined Tomorrow is Mine then
I can't say with any certainty it won't, I just don't think it will.

Sonic has a crud ton of lyrical music. I think it's a case by case basis, we're just gonna have to wait and see what Sega and Atlus can give.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Then you realize each and every Jibanyan form is actually unique and serves completely different roles in battle. You really can't compare any of them because of how unique they all manage to be and are all high Rank monsters that have more long term usefulness or are super rare and hard to get, giving them high trade value. You really can't compare Jibanyan to Koalanyan for example because one is an attacker and one is an offensive cleric.
There's literally an entire method of Pokemon dedicated to hunting a rare recolor that tends to look ugly and does absolutely nothing. It's called shiny hunting.
I suggest that if you want to complain about an overabundance of recolors, take it up with Dragon Quest first that suffers with this issue WAY more than YKW. There are more variants of Slime than there are of Nyans but they're STILL all actually unique and usable and DQM still manages to be a more praiseworthy monster collector due to being a kids game that's actually challenging unlike Pokemon.
Didn't mention stats or classes just said there are a lot of cats.

Cocobanana is actually praiseworthy due to its high Rank stats and useful Skill. Oh Bah Gah is a low Rank but thanks to things like Soul Gems and Turnabeads, low Ranks like him are more usable.
Good analysis and I can tell you're passionate which is good.

However I was just having a giggle at how there's a hamburger and chocolate banana monster in this series.

D

Deleted member

Way to completely miss my point that Pokemon doesn't make beating the game with favorites anything special since trash monsters can do that while Yo-Kai Watch makes its game actually challenging but still has options to make low tiers usable for something BESIDES the story but is not an easy game whatsoever. (See? I can actually explain what my point is unlike these guys saying "you miss the point" without elaborating)

Ok so "Pokemon is bad because I can use my favorites to beat the game". Gotcha.

Noah

Smash Cadet

Getting some awfully Salem vibes here
“Pokémon is not part of the community”

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Ok so "Pokemon is bad because I can use my favorites to beat the game". Gotcha.
No. They make the game so any low tier trash can do that, so doing it with favorites makes it absolutely NOTHING special. It's like feeling special that you can fit the square block through the square hole in a baby toy.

Didn't mention stats or classes just said there are a lot of cats.

Good analysis and I can tell you're passionate which is good.

However I was just having a giggle at how there's a hamburger and chocolate banana monster in this series.
Indeed but it doesn't change the fact every single cat is actually unique regardless of how they look.

Thanks.

Getting some awfully Salem vibes here
“Pokémon is not part of the community”
Not really. The Pokemon community can like whatever monster it likes. It won't change the fact Game Freak and the Pokemon games themselves are rewarding players that are using top tiers and calling them Pokemon Masters.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No. They make the game so any low tier trash can do that, so doing it with favorites makes it absolutely NOTHING special. It's like feeling special that you can fit the square block through the square hole in a baby toy.
"No fun allowed."

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
broke: P5 music, instrumental only
woke: P5 music, vocal + instrumental selection
bespoke: BREAK OUT OF THE DOME, IT'S TIME TO TAKE A STEP UP, NO MORE CRUISIN' ALONE

Pakky

Smash Hero
Travis would be the only swordsman in Smash with good throws.

Echo fighter Bad Girl/ Bad Man

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
IF WE GET INSTRUMENTAL LAST SURPRISE I WILL SEE TO IT THAT THE SECOND COMING OF GAMERGATE HAPPENS AND THAT IT STARTS RIGHT HERE
i want both, tbh
The original song is great but the instrumental would also be pretty great to me cause the song in general is good and I'd like to have the option to pick between the two.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona normally has pretty good instrumental music, too, but P5 has like four. So if they can't put vocal tracks, they might want to take help from previous entries and spin-offs.

*loudly points at Heartful Cry*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom