• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So far we got:

:ultzss: & :ultsonic: in the “Pikachu Protection Squad“
:ultpit: in the “Isabelle Protection Squad”
:ultridley: in the “Pichu Protection Squad”

Am I missing anyone?
:ultpit: also being apart of Protection Squads for :ultduckhunt::ultlink::ultluigi::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda::ultzelda:

LetterO

Smash Lord
>Dedede in the "Luigi and Ness Protection Squad"

>Red on the "Lucas Protection Squad"
More like Dedede, Ness, and Luigi in the World Protection Squad

Those three are the heroes. The best trio in fiction. Change my mind.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys just popping in to remind y'all to watch Spider-Verse in theaters asap ok bye

D

Deleted member

Hey guys just popping in to remind y'all to watch Spider-Verse in theaters asap ok bye
I will try to go this Friday with my friends if i pass the cold i got.

I mustn't miss that movie.

Also:
#SpideyBells4Grammy

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Young Link shoulda got a whole new moveset based around his Majora's Mask powers.
This would've been the best.

It's the greatest way to retain the classic Young Link moveset WHILE AT THE SAME TIME representing a huge chunk of the Legend of Zelda's various creative races. Hell, they could even make up a new mask for the newly introduced bird race.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
This would've been the best.

It's the greatest way to retain the classic Young Link moveset WHILE AT THE SAME TIME representing a huge chunk of the Legend of Zelda's various creative races. Hell, they could even make up a new mask for the newly introduced bird race.
Can I just get Medli herself instead?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So who's your Squad Strike Five atm?

Mine's:
Little Mac
Doctor Mario
Mii Brawler
Ken
Captain Falcon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really didn’t, as I already say you commenting on it beforehand (a man is allowed to post what he feels like)
"why, did i sign to write that stupid post...

I have a degree in Chemical Engineering and literature.

I thought It would be fun to show that side of me

But now i feel It lacks social integrity

Spidey-bells... Spidey-bells"

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Ness and Lucas plushies would be perfect but at least characters from their franchise have some. Samus doesn’t have any? The ****?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

segillav

Smash Apprentice
I won the Dark Emperor spirit battle because Ridley tried to Ganoncide lol.
Update: He did the exact the same thing when I unlocked him in WoL.
I think i'm close to the end of WoL? I'm currently in Dracula's Castle & only have to beat Dracula + unlock the character that's there (I assume it's Richter). I believe there's only like 5 characters I have to rescue besides that too. I honestly got far more invested in this than I thought.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've been hit with the Chrombo three times today.

Come on Chroms, it's Christmas, could you at least not 0-death me on this specific day?

Noah

Smash Cadet
I've been hit with the Chrombo three times today.

Come on Chroms, it's Christmas, could you at least not 0-death me on this specific day?
I, a Chrom player, will say on behalf of all Chrom players out there

No

We will not stop

Christmas will kneel to the Chrombo

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Chrom, I'm back. Finally got a Switch yesterday and have been playing Ultimate a lot today between Christmas prep stuff.

Just need to unlock five more characters. :ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultcorrin::ultcloud: and :ulttoonlink:, the last of whom because I need to wait for Challengers Approaching to show up again.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of Chrom, I'm back. Finally got a Switch yesterday and have been playing Ultimate a lot today between Christmas prep stuff.

Just need to unlock five more characters. :ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultcorrin::ultcloud: and :ulttoonlink:, the last of whom because I need to wait for Challengers Approaching to show up again.
What’s your friend code, Opo?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai will punish us for our sins by adding Vergil instead of Dante while making him the most Broken character in the game.

Rexamillion

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
1397 4816 5105
Hmmmm so I was thinking personally a couple of Akira Toriyama art characters. NO Not Goku, buuuut what about we rep a few more RPGs and throw in Chrono, Frog, or Magus from Chrono Trigger if not one them what about the Hero from DragonQuest/Dragon Warrior

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man this game makes me feel like a newb again. This faster game engine, as well as the fact that I've picked up slippery little Squirtle, just goes to show how sloppy my movement is and how poor my reflexes can be. I still need to learn to short hop consistently and dashdance just outside of someone's range without getting immediately hit.

I think I'm always either over-utilizing shield or under-utilizing it. How much you should shield seems pretty match up dependent in this game unlike in Smash 4 where shield was your go-to neutral tool. I underused shield in some Pokemon Trainer matches earlier and got hit by a couple random Flare Blitzes. Although I beat that player in two out of three matches it feels a bit humiliating to be taken out by unsafe Flare Blitzes after I mocked that move a little and the other day. I need to get better at adapting to my opponents.

This game is kind of frustrating me. Like, it's frustrating for me in a way that makes me want to improve rather then give up, but it's still frustrating. And the amount of matchups I've yet to properly learn in a roster this big is kind terrifying to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom