• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but... does anyone have a bug/glitch that happens pretty often where when choosing a costume/color swap for a character, it doesn't immediately load up the alternate colors/costumes? It takes a couple seconds for it to actually appear... Or is it just me?
It happens to me too, for some reason.

Speaking of bugs or glitches: is it normal that the framerate is smoother on handheld for me rather than docked?

I had zero slow-downs with the former, but too many of them on the latter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My only disappointment with the Links that I can think of, is the fact that Young Link didn't get a Fierce Deity Final Smash. ;)
I was till I realized he's purely OOT style anyway. He doesn't have any MM designs. He's only related to MM by a technicality of being able to use items he can't in OOT... at best. And that doesn't change the fact it still uses the OOT designs. It would've been great if he was MM based, though.

D

Deleted member

The T Rex from Mario Odyssey has a lot of moveset potential and he is a shoe in for DLC so that Nintendo can advertise their new Sonic Adventure 4: San Andreas DLC.

D

Deleted member

I was till I realized he's purely OOT style anyway. He doesn't have any MM designs. He's only related to MM by a technicality of being able to use items he can't in OOT... at best. And that doesn't change the fact it still uses the OOT designs. It would've been great if he was MM based, though.
Indeed.

Imagine that each transformation was asigned to a determined special move, with Fierce Deity being the Final Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Young Link should've turned into Adult Link from OoT/Melee to do his Tri-force Slash.

That would've been SICK AS HELL.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I play a lot of characters, but my go to's are Incineroar, Inkling, K Rool, and Pokemon Trainer.
Oh man, Incineroar vs Belmont sounds like total misery. Closing the distance on them is hard with a lot of characters though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Young Link should've turned into Adult Link from OoT/Melee to do his Tri-force Slash.

That would've been SICK AS HELL.
If it was some kind of cutscene triforce slash that starts with him yanking the master sword out out of the pedestal first

nah it's just "boop gotcha ***** hyah hyah hyah"

D

Deleted member

The T Rex from Mario Odyssey has a lot of moveset potential and he is a shoe in for DLC so that Nintendo can advertise their new Sonic Adventure 4: San Andreas DLC.
Pura from Crash Warped has a lot of moveset potential and she is a shoe in for DLC so that Nintendo can advertirse their new Nintendogs+felines expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If it was some kind of cutscene triforce slash that starts with him yanking the master sword out out of the pedestal first

nah it's just "boop gotcha ***** hyah hyah hyah"
Exactly what I was thinking.
Make the shining blue light the hitbox too

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Joker's going to be so true to canon that the only way he can actually attack is by selecting options off a roulette wheel.
You can actually only play Joker if you plug in a PS3/4 controller.

D

Deleted member

So uh...

I dip in and out and I already see a supposed dialogue of a split in the Smash community.

This was why Smash For players should be left out of Ultimate. :dazwa:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I know... just thought it'd be cool...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
My only disappointment with the Links that I can think of, is the fact that Young Link didn't get a Fierce Deity Final Smash. ;)
I'm disappointed they didn't update Young Link to wield the Majora's Mask version of the Kokiri Sword and Hero's Shield along with not transforming into Fierce Deity Link for his Final Smash. He wouldn't even need to be different from now, just those cosmetic differences and I'd have been overjoyed. We already have Ganondorf repping Ocarina of Time, Young Link could have represented Majora's Mask..

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I'm disappointed they didn't update Young Link to wield the Majora's Mask version of the Kokiri Sword and Hero's Shield along with not transforming into Fierce Deity Link for his Final Smash. He wouldn't even need to be different from now, just those cosmetic differences and I'd have been overjoyed. We already have Ganondorf repping Ocarina of Time, Young Link could have represented Majora's Mask..
Yeah, I mean, :ultyounglink:, :ultganondorf: and technically, :ultsheik:, are all repping OoT. Not that it's a big problem or anything, just would've been nice to see more of the series get represented.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Yeah, I mean, :ultyounglink:, :ultganondorf: and technically, :ultsheik:, are all repping OoT. Not that it's a big problem or anything, just would've been nice to see more of the series get represented.
Well, the good new is that he IS Smash 64 and Melee's Link; just smaller.

Iridium

Smash Hero
And while we're at it, maybe it would've been nice to see :ulttoonlink: get an FS based on his defeat of Ganondorf, complete with the damaging stab, which petrifies the foe. Then, he could hit with another move of his choice to launch the same foe, while they're stuck. Or, they die if they're offstage for too long, I guess.

It doesn't have to look to crazy brutal, though. I'd like it still.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just found the only tier list that matters:

IDK who started this "Pichu and Ridley are buds" thing but I love it.
So far we got:

:ultzss: & :ultsonic: in the “Pikachu Protection Squad“
:ultpit: in the “Isabelle Protection Squad”
:ultridley: in the “Pichu Protection Squad”

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So we got:

:ultzss: & :ultsonic: in the “Pikachu Protection Squad“
:ultpit: in the “Isabelle Protection Squad”
:ultridley: in the “Pichu Protection Squad”