• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While I think that it would be cool, I don't think that christmas alts would be necessary. I don't think that we need to put Sakurai's team through all that work right after the game came out. Maybe next year or something, I don't think-
cKAZsvM.png
oh
oh

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I keep seeing people say Travis has been disconfirmed by Suda.

I have yet to see a link
I have yet to see a quote
I google it - nothing
I look at hia twitter briefly - nothing

Where are people getting this?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I keep seeing people say Travis has been disconfirmed by Suda.

I have yet to see a link
I have yet to see a quote
I google it - nothing
I look at hia twitter briefly - nothing

Where are people getting this?
Here's the livestream which he says that Travis will not be in smash Bros.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
While I think that it would be cool, I don't think that christmas alts would be necessary. I don't think that we need to put Sakurai's team through all that work right after the game came out. Maybe next year or something, I don't think-
oh
oh
Yooo yoyoyoyo

yo

what if the gift menu that give stuff through events gives extra alts like this to all characters

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Also, this is apparently a thing.

I can tell this appeals to a certain somebody.
Some of his animations make him feel like he came out of one of those old cartoons.

I love it.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Here's the livestream which he says that Travis will not be in smash Bros.

Never take those statements at face value. Even if Travis is actually in, Suda would still be bound by a NDA and not allowed to say anything until his actual reveal.

D

Deleted member

Yooo yoyoyoyo

yo

what if the gift menu that give stuff through events gives extra alts like this to all characters
I thought that menu would be used for like DLC characters/Mii Costumes and **** but that would be sick

Tbh DLC alts are a huge, easy to exploit untapped market. Like I would pay an extra 60 bucks for Gerudo Vai Link LMAO

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What.

Language warning, I guess. Second article I've read today, yet this is the weird one. Completely normal...
Oh yeah I saw this earlier. It's great. It's satire, but its also legitimate commentary of the Smash fanbase and fandoms as a whole.

For anyone confused by it, try to read the entire thing in order.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Never take those statements at face value. Even if Travis is actually in, Suda would still be bound by a NDA and not allowed to say anything until his actual reveal.
I, uh, I think "thanks for the support but he's not in Smash, but if he was I'd love this to be his Amiibo and if TSA does well I'm going to do everything I can to get him in the next game" is kind of more damning than just, like, "Never say never" or "no comment" or whatever.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I havent heard anyone once say "Why layton? He cant fight" and that makes me happy because everyone knows he literaly kicks ***
After Isabelle, I don't think anyone can really say that with a straight face anymore. Not that that argument would apply to Layton or anything. That man is reaching his fifties and can still kick his opponents backsides without breaking a sweat if the Layton anime is anything to go by lol. :p

Also all of my yes to a Layton and Phoenix dual reveal. Smash would literally be perfect for me at that point if we by some miracle managed to get both of them for DLC!

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I cannot get over how lame Smash 4 and Ultimate's main themes are. Something just feels off.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
agree to disagree
Agree.

I always thought Brawl's was the worst theme of the series, which may be a super unpopular opinion.

But when I think of "Epic Latin sung song".......Super Smash Bros BRAWL of all games does not be the game I think of.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Did you just dis Lifelight?

Oh no, you didn't...
i'm not even talking just about lifelight, the vocal version of the song is absolute trash.
I was mainly referring to the sort of uh, damn what's the word. I guess the motif, like how the battlefield and FD songs are all remixed from the same thing?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
As someone who got bodied by a DK online earlier...

Yeah, DK ain't a bad character.
He's not amazing, but I play lucina and she doesn't really have as many approach options on characters that are significantly shorter, so DK is usually my go-to if I don't feel like playing squirtle

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
i'm not even talking just about lifelight, the vocal version of the song is absolute trash.
I was mainly referring to the sort of uh, damn what's the word. I guess the motif, like how the battlefield and FD songs are all remixed from the same thing?
The word you're looking for is "leitmotif".

D

Deleted member

I gotta say, I love how Leffen says that "guys, I'm not saying this stuff because I hate Ultimate, quite the opposite" when it comes to first impressions of Ultimate. If history speaks itself, I am certain that him, Mang0 and most Melee players are gonna just drop this after the second month.

I might have to bring out the one time AngriestPat's CRAZY TALK stand worked for the better. :dazwa:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I gotta say, I love how Leffen says that "guys, I'm not saying this stuff because I hate Ultimate, quite the opposite" when it comes to first impressions of Ultimate. If history speaks itself, I am certain that him, Mang0 and most Melee players are gonna just drop this after the second month.

I might have to bring out the one time AngriestPat's CRAZY TALK stand worked for the better. :dazwa:
I don't take leffen serious by any means when it comes to his opinions on these games. He legit said brawl was a better competitive game than 4.

Phenomenal player, and I don't hate the guy, but he has some wonky reasoning sometimes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't take leffen serious by any means when it comes to his opinions on these games. He legit said brawl was a better competitive game than 4.

Phenomenal player, and I don't hate the guy, but he has some wonky reasoning sometimes
"Wonky reasoning" could be applied to like every Melee player.

AS SHOWN HERE. Pourin' one out for the Best Friends in the best way possible. Also uh language warning I suppose.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Brawl IS more competitive...

if you install Project M

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I officially own the game now.

Now I just need a Switch since they were sold out lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do you think Rayman has a shot?
I doubt it. Even if Spirits didn't deconfirm, I feel like his support dropped off. Wouldn't mind being wrong though. And it would be nice to have a western character as a guest in Smash, but there's others I'd pick before Rayman, strictly out of who's games I'm more familiar with.

D

Deleted member

I think that the Melee hate in this video is beyond unnecessary
I dunno. We're talking about a ginger that has the CRAZY TALK stand, and when he's right, which is never, I don't see it as "unnecessary".

"Harsh" as it may sound, I totally agree. If you need a broken controller to win, you aren't that good. If you need to succeed on unintended bugs to win, then you did not deserve to win EVO, if that's the difference between winning or losing EVO.

I for one, find it amazing that Smash 4 and Melee players are confuzzled with Ultimate, and that is an actual word I'm working on to get legalized on dictionaries.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My only problem with Lifelight is the lyrical meter at certain points in the song. Certain parts make it painfully obvious it wasn't originally written in English. Looking at you, "our tomorrow."

Other than that I like it, cheese and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom