• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can't handle the release of steve over pyra/mythra.
I kinda hate how an XC2 rep was passed over just because of timing. Like there's nobody to blame, nobody that we can be like "goddamn Sakurai not listening to the fans", it's just timing which is nobodies fault. It's just unfortunate and sucks

osby

Smash Obsessed
I almost disagree with that, but that’s more a moral debate, and I’m not sure people are coming here to crudely discuss ethics. I mean idk people might I don’t know you personally
There is a reason "ignore" is a feature. I might be going overboard with it, but it's harmless after all.

D

Deleted member

There is a reason "ignore" is a feature. I might be going overboard with it, but it's harmless after all.
Oh I know, it just ain’t for me. Personally I stay up in horror at night wondering if anybody here has blocked me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey...wait a second.

You're new here! 8 days old in fact!

Did I ever give you the "Noipoi Special"?
I've been here for months and I don't even know what's a Noipoi Special, aside from it sounds like a weird dessert.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm not paying attention to anyone's DLC predictions because this happened with Ultimate's base roster too. Everyone thought Rex, Spring Man, etc. were locks because it just made sense for them to be and there were leaks about them as well. Now with leaks about Erdrick, Steve, etc. everyone is convinced they're DLC.
Joker should've changed the prediction game but he didn't. Reggie's statements should've changed the prediction game but they didn't. Everyone is too afraid to not go with the safe picks.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not paying attention to anyone's DLC predictions because this happened with Ultimate's base roster too. Everyone thought Rex, Spring Man, etc. were locks because it just made sense for them to be and there were leaks about them as well. Now with leaks about Erdrick, Steve, etc. everyone is convinced they're DLC.
Joker should've changed the prediction game but he didn't. Reggie's statements should've changed the prediction game but they didn't. Everyone is too afraid to not go with the safe picks.
Yeah, man.

Why aren't more people predicting Undertale X Smash Bros?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh I know, it just ain’t for me. Personally I stay up in horror at night wondering if anybody here has blocked me.
I can't imagine not being ignored by a few people, I can be insufferable and I acted quite badly on a few occasions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay, then, I predict a Digital Devil Saga rep, because apparently :ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultyoshi::ultpacman::ultwario: are not enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As long as a company had released any game on a Nintendo system, they can try to get a character in Smash if they want to.

That includes Valve, Epic Games, Netherealm and some more.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly it seems Kamiya is starting to block people for more and more petty reasons. From what I heard before if you would actively bug him or something or be disrespectful that he would block you but from looking at more recent things him not completely understanding your tweet also leads to a block now. Seems weird and honestly makes me sad as they are one of my favorite people in the industry and no matter how respectful I'd be to them I would likely end up blocked if I said anything to them at this point. *shrugs*

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I can't imagine not being ignored by a few people, I can be insufferable and I acted quite badly on a few occasions.
Eh heh... I can relate. Thinking too much about what people feel about you can be hazardous to your health.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What’s more bizarre then Elma/Rex/Pyra missing out is the fact that there’s zero XC2 content in Ultimate at all aside from the costume, unless I’m forgetting something.

I know it’s a case of being too recent but Spring-Man still managed to be an AT.
2 mii costumes, 8 spirits, and 3 music tracks for a game without a fighter is more than Final Fantasy got.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Honestly it seems Kamiya is starting to block people for more and more petty reasons. From what I heard before if you would actively bug him or something or be disrespectful that he would block you but from looking at more recent things him not completely understanding your tweet also leads to a block now. Seems weird and honestly makes me sad as they are one of my favorite people in the industry and no matter how respectful I'd be to them I would likely end up blocked if I said anything to them at this point. *shrugs*
Kamiya has literally always been like this. It's his most endearing trait.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think that could legit happen. Though that might be my bias for the game speaking.
Toby Fox has released games on Nintendo systems, so it could happen.

Hell, if Tt Games wanted to, they would be free to attempt to add Chase McCain to Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Personally, Steve having a name puts him higher up for me than Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.
Don't necessarily agree with that, but it's a fair point.
Well, instead of Steve they could always go with Jesse, the protagonist of the Minecraft Telltale game instead. That's a Minecraft character with a personality, and they'd still be a "main character" in the series.
I mean, I'm not really a fan of how the characters look in that game, but I would prefer them to Steve.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I honestly can't believe the dude hasn't blocked me yet. I tweeted (I may get a warning for this, idk) "420 blaze it" on his page just for the lulz and to see what would happen and nothing, much to my surprise.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Nintendo and/or Sakurai probably don’t even know who Steve is lol.

If they really want a Minecraft character then they’ll go the :ultmiifighters::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultpokemontrainer: route of simply calling it an “Avatar”.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I get why people want steve, but for me minecraft was always just this distant trend I saw people on /v/ talk about, although it understand it’s signifcance. It’s just that he’d be so ugly, and yes I know that literally the most subjective thing in the world. How would he animate? He’s just not a character i can personally bring myself to care for.
How to animate Steve in Smash Bros.:
Done.

D

Deleted member

This is easily my favourite Kamiya tweet
DF8FCC52-B075-4816-9346-52A56FC77B2A.png

The fact that you can’t tell who posted the image makes it so much funnier. I spent 5 minutes laughing when I first saw it.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
How would you guys react if Nintendo and Bamco made an arcade exclusive version of Smash Bros, just like Mario Kart GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom