• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They're strong, tough, don't like to over complicate things or talk for too long, but they're also both friendly, casual and somewhat approachable despite that. It's pretty clear to see that Chrom was written to have a lot of the traits that made people like Ike, but with some traits of his own to set him apart.

And a lot of people also think Ike is boring. That's something people say about every FE lord.
I think Ike handled those traits a lot better than Chrom did. I don't know why, but Chrom just felt like someone I saw in fiction done to death.

And I'm aware that there are people who don't like Ike. Doesn't bother me. If that's what they say about every FE lord though, I think Fire Emblem might need to overhall it's main character treatment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ABORT ABORT
JOKE FAILED JOKE FAILED
I counter your joke with this...

I've activating my trap card, sacrificing my Roy to do so. The Horn of Heaven, blasting its celestial tune. Obliterating your joke once and for all!

But seriously, I loved their TV show. Was good fun~

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Oh. It never crossed my mind that it's also a word used for people suffering from PTSD, or that people would get upset at it because of that...whelp I'll try to erase that from my vocabulary now.
Yeah it's cool, a lot of people don't know due to it becoming a buzzword. As someone who actually has triggers it kinda sucks when I say it and people don't understand what I mean or don't take it seriously

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That Joker pic is really interesting tbh as it doesn't seem unrealistic that Joker's textures wouldn't be done and his icon would be a placeholder so far considering it takes a while to make this stuff. I have no further opinion but that's a neat detail to add if it's fake

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That Joker pic is really interesting tbh as it doesn't seem unrealistic that Joker's textures wouldn't be done and his icon would be a placeholder so far considering it takes a while to make this stuff. I have no further opinion but that's a neat detail to add if it's fake
Yeah but it's kind of a pointless thing to fake too if you think about it. I mean, what info does this picture really give us? We know he's in the game. We know what he looks like. Regardless of whether or not this is real, there isn't much to gain from it
Anyone got a link to the Joker pic?
posted it on the last page

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Which Smash do you guys think had the best All-Star Mode: Melee, Brawl, 4, or Ultimate?
Melee’s, tbh.

I liked that it was random. Yeah, all star is fun as a history like we got in 4, but Melee’s randomness did make things interesting and replayable.

But honestly any is better than what we got. Not that I didn’t want a century Smash against the roster, I jist wanted standard all star in addition.
There is nothing I enjoy more than KOing someone off the side of the screen and using Zelda's waving taunt.

It's not supposed to be "taunting" per se. It's just really goddamn funny.
Aww, I miss my supreme ice queen. The new bubbles doesn’t mesh with my headcanon.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I had the idea of a Fire Emblem game inspired by the Thirty Years Wars.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know about the Joker pic.

The lighting engine just screws up his shadow. Early Ken, Pichu, etc. looked much better as well.

I also don't get why they'd use a blue circle with a "j" instead of at least some kind of render that's just his ingame model's position like Mario's render in the E3 demo, and after the model and stuff they still don't have a simple stock icon that's actually his face.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know about the Joker pic.

The lighting engine just screws up his shadow. Early Ken, Pichu, etc. looked much better as well.
Wait, what Joker pic? What's going on?
EDIT: Nevermind. Some BS fake leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah but it's kind of a pointless thing to fake too if you think about it. I mean, what info does this picture really give us? We know he's in the game. We know what he looks like. Regardless of whether or not this is real, there isn't much to gain from it

posted it on the last page
Some guy on 4chan had a list of characters yesterday and he said he'd post proof he's legit by posting in game Joker soon. Granted the dude said he'd post a video which makes this likely a fake but I'm impressed someone added these details which make sense. It's like if that one Ken pic was faked

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Aww, I miss my supreme ice queen. The new bubbles doesn’t mesh with my headcanon.
Just do like I do and pretend our Ice Queen stayed as Sheik.

I'm torn because TP Zelda is the best Zelda, but. I mean. This Smash Zelda is so ****ing adorable. (And also plays so much better.)

D

Deleted member

Wait people are taking the joker pic seriously? I thought it was an obvious joke.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait, what Joker pic? What's going on?
EDIT: Nevermind. Some BS fake leak.
What I find more interesting is the alleged leak that Erdrick from Dragon Quest is the second DLC character. With male and female versions.

new picture leak appears

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN
It's the most wonderful tiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeear.
With 4chan-a-leaking and forums repeating
Every damn thing they heeeeeeeear
It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear!

Goddammit. Double post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the most wonderful tiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeear.
With 4chan-a-leaking and forums repeating
Every damn thing they heeeeeeeear
It's the most onderful tiiiiiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear!
something something sprite cranberry

D

Deleted member

If Erdrich does get in, can we get my guy Ryu Hayabusa in as well? Come on, add him and Erdrick and the old nes era series that have survived into the modern age are pretty much done for representation.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Erdrich does get in, can we get my guy Ryu Hayabusa in as well? Come on, add him and Erdrick and the old nes era series that have survived into the modern age are pretty much done for representation.
Here's one issue we should think about, though.

How many basic-human-proportions characters does Nintendo want to fill this five character pass with? If we assume that Erdrick is in, that means 2/5 are already basic human/"anime" style characters. And I feel like Nintendo-- and Sakurai-- would want to vary the choices a little more aesthetically.

Granted, Smash For DLC was :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:, and five of those are basic anime-ish humanoids, but those were decided separately. When looking at all five of the fighters pass characters collectively, I feel like they'd want them to be differentiated a bit more. Could be wrong.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Who said Erdrick was going to be in?
It was from a Japanese text leak on 2ch with some Joker and Persona details that also mentioned ArcSys is developing a Granblue fighting game. That fighting game was then announced five days later. It was an interesting coincidence considering it isn't a new runor but other people in the US scene have said Erdrick is at least on the table.

It's nothing confirmed but it's neat.

D

Deleted member

Here's one issue we should think about, though.

How many basic-human-proportions characters does Nintendo want to fill this five character pass with? If we assume that Erdrick is in, that means 2/5 are already basic human/"anime" style characters. And I feel like Nintendo-- and Sakurai-- would want to vary the choices a little more aesthetically.

Granted, Smash For DLC was :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:, and five of those are basic anime-ish humanoids, but those were decided separately. When looking at all five of the fighters pass characters collectively, I feel like they'd want them to be differentiated a bit more. Could be wrong.
True. I feel like we’re gonna get at least 1 non-human looking character, maybe Banjo or Steve.
Ryu Hayabusa’s so cool it doesn’t really matter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom