• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just a coincidence, it won't lead to anything most likely.
Hey, let's not be harsh on him
Wasn't Hitagi already saying that we'd get a Granblue fighting game? Couldn't the 5chan leak just be riding off of that and have gotten a lucky guess?
I'm seeing it more as a DMC5 leaker situation

He got something right about a certain game, and then decided to add some fake Smash stuff to his leak

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm not taking this leak seriously until we see what content Joker comes with.

A Granblue fighting game has been rumored for quite some time, I've even mentioned it myself on this forum a few weeks prior to this leak popping up.

So I have no confidence in this leak until Joker's full reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, just gimme Piranha Plant and I'll be content for awhile.

You 'know' that thing is most likely done by now and they're just waiting until the next Direct to do the "Piranha Plant will be available to download once the Direct ends."

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm pretty certain we will get an Namco character since Sm4sh they've been helping Nintendo and Sakurai make this game. Whether its Heihachi or Lloyd is the different question but I'd bet it on being any of those two out of any Namco character.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm pretty certain we will get an Namco character since Sm4sh they've been helping Nintendo and Sakurai make this game. Whether its Heihachi or Lloyd is the different question but I'd bet it on being any of those two out of any Namco character.
I feel like KOS-MOS is a legitimate possibility as well...
Especially assuming how big the Xeno series has gotten over the years

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
After the patch i stopped getting matched into FFAs, now I'm just in 1v1s with subhuman connections.
Quickplay is a joke.

D

Deleted member

Btw how many spirits are in the light world? My profile says I have 379 spaces cleared.

D

Deleted member

I would surprised and delighted for anyone but Cyrus>Killia
Someone finally brought up the possibility of Disgaea while I was gone?

If NIS got a rep in there, they'd go with their most recognizable protag, Laharl. the Disgaea 1 remake was just on Switch too and they have said that moving forward, they'll be making their games for Switch as well as PS4, so when Disgaea 6 is finally announced, it'll be for the Switch if not for both systems.

Shroob

Sup?
I do wonder how the next Direct will pan out though.

A release/release date for Piranha Plant is 100% happening since we have a date for its amiibo.

Joker gameplay is a big ? to me. From the looks of it, he's most likely very early in development if Piranha Plant leaker's "Only Piranha is playtestable" is to be believed, but a render is definitely coming.

A 2nd reveal/tease.... I 'could' see it happen to keep the hype train going.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Don't forget NIghtmare from Soul Calibur.

I mean, he did have an uber popular recent game JUST come out.
Thank you, I was about to bring that up myself. So in total it seems like the most likely Namco candidates are:

-Lloyd or Yuri (Tales)
-Heihachi or Jin (Tekken)
-KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
-Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Place your bets now.

I wonder if we could see a Ms. PAC-MAN echo fighter as a bonus for one of these guys

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's actually a very large difference between the two's roles.
Waluigi was created to be #2's #3, along with the other things I explained in the post you quoted.

Isabelle, however isn't necessarily that. She is a secretary. Although it is true that she assists the player, she also guides the player in some cases. She has a goal of her own that doesn't revolve around others 24/7, which is to make the town a better place to live in. She's a workaholic, hard on herself, and even ignores her own physical health in some cases because of her love for her job. That would be a hard working secretary. Her boost in popularity since her first appearance as well as getting into Smash could potentially be a way of symbolizing just how much her hard work seems to have paid off. Isabelle wasn't necessarily created to eternally be in a sidekick's shadow, only daring to do whatever they did but better. She was created to not only act as an assistant, but a teacher in many ways; Isabelle has shown to be her own person, one that hasn't only become valuable to the player but the entire town of the player.
That literally means nothing.

Point is, being an Assist perfectly represents her character.
Yet she's playable.

All you're doing is coming up with an excuse why it's justified for one and not the other.
They either should both have a shot at being playable or they should both not be playable based on the logic that being an Assist "represents them".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The "assist already represents them perfectly" arguments is dumb, because let's face it:
an assist trophy could represent anyone properly.

An AI that has 4 of a character's most iconic moves is really all it takes to "represent" someone sufficiently.
Or in the case of Lyn: 1.

I mean for God's sake, Little Mac has only ever had 3 total punches in his life, Dark Samus has more unique moves as an assist trophy, and the extent of Isabelle's violence is opening a party popper.
None of them """"needed"""" to be represented as playable. They just are, for their own reasons, either a recent game, an easy clone, or becoming the new mascot of a franchise.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That literally means nothing.

Point is, being an Assist perfectly represents her character.
Yet she's playable.

All you're doing is coming up with an excuse why it's justified for one and not the other.
They either should both have a shot at being playable or they should both not be playable based on the logic that being an Assist "represents them".
Let me make it easy for ya...

Isabelle was a breakout character that managed to basically become the mascot of Animal Crossing
Even if somehow, an assist perfectly represents her character, she was too big to ignore.
Simple as that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waluigi being an assist fits his character but by that same logic you could argue being playable fits him as well cause he’s always hiding in the shadows and is constantly doubting everyone else, so it’d be fitting to allow him to summon himself for help in combat and to have him wait so long to get into smash.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Let me make it easy for ya...
Isabelle was a breakout character that managed to basically become the mascot of Animal Crossing

Even if somehow, an assist perfectly represents her character, she was too big to ignore.
No, really, she wasn't "too big to ignore".

She could have easily kept on being an Assist like others who people felt were "necessary".
If anything, those who wanted her should be grateful Sakurai was able to add her by tweaking a pre-existing moveset while other "breakouts" like Ashley and Bandana Dee didn't get in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Isabelle wasn't playable, y'all would still be using the "pacifist" argument and leave her with Waluigi and the others.

Any character is fine being an assist, just like Little Mac in Brawl. This ain't an argument against their inclusion as a fighter.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Waluigi being an assist fits his character but by that same logic you could argue being playable fits him as well cause he’s always hiding in the shadows and is constantly doubting everyone else, so it’d be fitting to allow him to summon himself for help in combat and to have him wait so long to get into smash.
Wish I had the copypasta of how Waluigi isn't even actually a character, because he is designed to be wario's luigi, while luigi was just P2 Mario and Wario was an asshole parody of Mario, which means Waluigi is just a parody of a parody and cannot exist as his own unique thing as it ruins what he is, a mere shadow of a shadow

NineS

Smash Lord
No, really, she wasn't "too big to ignore".

She could have easily kept on being an Assist like others who people felt were "necessary".
If anything, those who wanted her should be grateful Sakurai was able to add her by tweaking a pre-existing moveset while other "breakouts" like Ashley and Bandana Dee didn't get in.
The difference between Isabelle and Waluigi is that Waluigi being an assist fits his entire character. Luigi was meant to be Player 2, Mario Player 1, Wario is a grotesque antagonistic version of Mario, and Waluigi was just made to fill an empty slot as a sidekick to Wario, and an nuisance to Luigi. Isabelle wasn't created for the sake of filling a slot. That was the point of my post.

This, however, just seems like salt because an assist trophy you wanted didn't get in, and one you didn't really care too much for did.

EDIT: Pretty much this:
Wish I had the copypasta of how Waluigi isn't even actually a character, because he is designed to be wario's luigi, while luigi was just P2 Mario and Wario was an ******* parody of Mario, which means Waluigi is just a parody of a parody and cannot exist as his own unique thing as it ruins what he is, a mere shadow of a shadow

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
While I do think that Isabelle's function as an Assist Trophy perfectly fits her character...

I don't think that it should've disqualified her from being playable.

Even though I'm still not too happy that she got in.

Double K

Smash Lord
I can't tell if people are saying Waluigi being playable wouldn't fit or what.

We have Ridley.
I don't want Waluigi to be playable. Not because he wouldn't fit or anything, but because the anguish of his fans give me life.

"He isn't in thee game!!!! I'll send Sakurai death threats and 9/11 jokes"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't want Waluigi to be playable. Not because he wouldn't fit or anything, but because the anguish of his fans give me life.

"He isn't in thee game!!!! I'll send Sakurai death threats and 9/11 jokes"
From what I remember, that was only 2 kids.

The rest is just huge demand like Mother 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom