• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I used to spam, but now I just abuse the stage design to my advantage when I can.

When you suck at the game, you've gotta get crafty.

D

Deleted member

I am fine with K.Rool getting nerfed as long as they don’t pull a Varia Samus on him.

I have waited for a long time the day i could take revenge on Mario spammers with a character that i love outside the Smash franchise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
*something unrelated to smash with another series happens*

people:

soy.gif

OMG THEY'RE BASICALLY CONFIRMED GUYS

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am fine with K.Rool getting nerfed as long as they don’t pull a Varia Samus on him.

I have waited for a long time the day i could take revenge on Mario spammers with a character that i love outside the Smash franchise.
I assume it's the cape considering your prior posts about it, Can't you use the Grapple Beam? They can't reflect that and if you're at a certain distance you won't get flipped either

KMDP

Smash Legend
In the final stage of the World of Light.

I'd like to get all the endings on the first run through if I can.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, why the **** does Ike need to buy an engagement ring for every single one of his moves outside of his damn JAB.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In the final stage of the World of Light.

I'd like to get all the endings on the first run through if I can.
It's literally impossible once you unlock the requirements for the true ending.
Not saying what they are, but you may just do it on accident.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I hate spammers.

They ruin the fun each time they appear.
Spamming really isn't hard to get around. If it was an effective strategy, then it would be done at top level play. Just jump and approach. The spammer's pattern is pretty predictable
You forgot Bair. That **** is safe on shield too if you space it well enough
yeah but hitting stuff on shield stales it now so don't use it as your only shield pressure tool

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Spamming really isn't hard to get around. If it was an effective strategy, then it would be done at top level play. Just jump and approach. The spammer's pattern is pretty predictable
Ok you say that but I had a party and we played Smash for 7 hours and the highlight for me was when we did Tourney and a friend had no idea how to approach against my Wolf Blaster spamming

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In a way I'd love for this to happen as well but sadly they have probably learned their lesson from last time.

Imagine how hype the official Roy/Ryu reveal would've been if they hadn't been leaked though.
Ryu would have been hype, but Roy would have just been "Of course, they put back Mewtwo of course they're putting back him"

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Spamming really isn't hard to get around. If it was an effective strategy, then it would be done at top level play. Just jump and approach. The spammer's pattern is pretty predictable.
And if spamming was an effective strategy, the competitive community would ban stuff until it was no longer effective. :p

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not ready for nerf culture 2.0 again. Just hoping the community doesn't go overboard and react unfairly to almost anything a character has, and just lets the meta develop before making any claims. Probably might not happen or may, but please the former.

A huge reason why I don't like referring to characters as OP at all. It means nothing without the competitive know or understanding of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not ready for nerf culture 2.0 again. Just hoping doesn't go overboard and react unfairly to almost anything a character has, and just lets the meta develop before making any claims. Probably might not happen or may, but please the former.

A huge reason why I don't like referring to characters as OP at all.
Just don’t pull a Varia Samus with K.Rool.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's literally impossible once you unlock the requirements for the true ending.
Not saying what they are, but you may just do it on accident.
It's not impossible at all. Once you beat the game with the true ending, your save file drops you right at the end and you can just do the other two.

As long as they don't touch Peach/Daisy, I'm fine with whichever character they decide to nerf. :laugh:
That FS has to GO!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not ready for nerf culture 2.0 again. Just hoping doesn't go overboard and react unfairly to almost anything a character has, and just lets the meta develop before making any claims. Probably might not happen or may, but please the former.

A huge reason why I don't like referring to characters as OP at all. It means nothing without the competitive knowledge.
I just want them to nerf Sonic so goddamn hard his franchise needs a Metroid tier hiatus. Not because I hate him or anything but because Sonic's Spindash is ridiculously effective in 6 player FFAs, my most played format and a friend of mine likes to turn his brain off sometimes and just spams that. He gets to be in the final 3 with that too

D

Deleted member

I just want them to nerf Sonic so goddamn hard his franchise needs a Metroid tier hiatus. Not because I hate him or anything but because Sonic's Spindash is ridiculously effective in 6 player FFAs, my most played format and a friend of mine likes to turn his brain off sometimes and just spams that. He gets to be in the final 3 with that too
>Metroid tier hiatus

I am lucky about K.Rool happening to be so good if this is how things work.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
We haven't been enjoying that as much with Ultimate tbh because goddamn are these stages so ****ing tiny. Our most played is Temple, which I'm pretty sure is the most iconic stage in the franchise and all the other big stages suck. Except New Pork City I suppose, I had fun with that one
You're telling me that 6 players on warioware isn't a fun time? psh could've fooled me

Iridium

Smash Hero
I can understand that. It's just that Sonic mains have to commit with them now, as they can't be shield cancelled anymore, and can't cross-up anymore either. More punishable when he's trapped, I guess. Not sure what else to think of.

But yeah, it's really not fun at all for most people.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can understand that. It's just that Sonic mains have to commit with them now, as they can't be shield cancelled anymore, and can't cross-up anymore either. More punishable when he's trapped, I guess. Not sure what else to think of.

But yeah, it's really not fun at all for most people.
I think you missed the part where I mentioned 6 player FFA, where the entire game turns into "HIT THAT BLUE PRICK" only for us to mistime our moves cause he's so fast or we end up killing eachother by accident

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think you missed the part where I mentioned 6 player FFA, where the entire game turns into "HIT THAT BLUE PRICK" only for us to mistime our moves cause he's so fast or we end up killing eachother by accident
What stages do you play on? Is the problem on bigger stages, maybe?

I see...maybe lower the duration of the move a bit, perhaps? If that's necessary.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Also on Dragon Quest. Apparently it's the one of the few biggest franchises to never license OUT it characters at all. Well considering the crossovers with DQ I know were developed by DQ developers with the other series crossing over being the guests themselves I guess this might true.

D

Deleted member

I'm putting more work into setting the music likelyhood for the Mario stages than most people probably put forth in their actual careers.
Help.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What stages do you play on? Is the problem on bigger stages, maybe?

I see...maybe lower the duration of the move a bit, perhaps? If that's necessary.
The problem is small ball move fast. Fast small ball hurt when hit you. Being hit by the fast small ball is annoying as the one guy who plays Sonic among our friends spends the entire goddamn match. He isn't even bad, he managed to 2-frame Wolf's side B and is like our third best player, je just likes turning his brain off and mashing side b. Thank god we got Joker as Persona 5 is his favourite thing and he prefers it over oxygen

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also on Dragon Quest. Apparently it's the one of the few biggest franchises to never license OUT it characters at all. Well considering the crossovers with DQ I know were developed by DQ developers with the other series crossing over being the guests themselves I guess this might true.
Prior to Smash Cloud had never been licensed out to a non-Square Enix developed game. There's a precedent for this.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Anyone get that glitch where they choose a specific character's alt. color in Quickplay but then in the battle they're just the character's default skin?

Untouch

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom