• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I hope we get a ton of Mii Fighter costumes for DLC.

There's so many Assist Trophy characters that don't have any (Lyn, Alucard, Bomberman, Phosphora, etc.), and someone like Joker could bring along Mii costumes of the rest of the Phantom Thieves.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

There's so many Assist Trophy characters that don't have any (Lyn, Alucard, Bomberman, Phosphora, etc.), and someone like Joker could bring along Mii costumes of the rest of the Phantom Thieves.
I'd rather see echo DLC this time around.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I know **** all about Persona so I don't know jack. I'm hoping that if that rumoured Switch port is real and has a female Joker that Joker gets that as an alt option
Well, if you want an female main character, then look into Persona 3; PSP.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd rather see echo DLC this time around.
Aside from it already being shot down by Samurai, it would probably be too time-consuming. Making a full model with different animations and attacks would be harder than slapping on a costume onto a Mii.

I mean, I'd love more Echoes, but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, if you want an female main character, then look into Persona 3; PSP.
I'd need a PSP for that. The rumoured P5 port would have stuff that fans wish was in the game to begin with and I know that at the very least, better LGBT representation was something western fans especially wanted, and Joker's been criticized for being a self insert character despite only having a single gender choice iirc

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I'd need a PSP for that. The rumoured P5 port would have stuff that fans wish was in the game to begin with and I know that at the very least, better LGBT representation was something western fans especially wanted, and Joker's been criticized for being a self insert character despite only having a single gender choice iirc
That's true. But sadly it MAY be fake as well as true. We have to see about that.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

****, now I really want a Bomberman Mii costume. @Fuzzy Pickles! and I should get on this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Out of all the star ko screams, the best one obviously go to :ultpit: followed by :ultroy::ultwolf: and :ultdaisy:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wolf still having his realistic howls when he gets KO'd is nice. But that taunt...

It's actually pitiful if you listen to it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Aside from it already being shot down by Samurai, it would probably be too time-consuming. Making a full model with different animations and attacks would be harder than slapping on a costume onto a Mii.

I mean, I'd love more Echoes, but I don't see it happening.
I don't think any of them are gonna be Ken-tier. Even then, he still recycles a lot of Ryu animations.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... I've never played Persona 5, or any Persona game for that matter...

So I'm curious, how would Joker likely play?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

The difference between the first and third one is what I'm talking about. It's hilarious, but kind of off.
30BB9B54-EEC4-4FE3-9DB8-37B2D6E5E838.jpeg
...oh... 7FA83312-EC2A-46FB-9FCE-2DB7796BE075.jpeg

Not sure if that was an actual howl or Wolf just yawning

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So out of the characters I've unlocked I think one of the things that I liked and I think Zinith Zinith will too, is that when you back hit with Yoshi's tale, it sounds like slaps now XD.. that was so funny X)
My question would be, seriously, what's the difference between Peach and Daisy (aside from peaches n daisies) is it just the face? No wonder Mario got them mixed up XD.. But Yeah I can't argue that since Pitoo is almost identical too.
And Sakurai was right about Isabelle, she is different enough from Villager, it's a whole new character... don't get kid by that cute face, there's a monster under it.. but it's such a cute monster X)
More later :)

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention. Daisy's crown is burnt in her head.. literally.
Oh and one more thing, someone was asking (me too) about Kid Dracula..
We've been had. He's not there. It's just his shadow! I'm not 100% sure but the shadow appeared and according to the Direct when that happens the shadow casting monster will jump in (or did I get that wrong). Nothing happened when Kid Dracula's shadow showed. Sigh.. I'm so disappointed, I really wished he's be there :/

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So... I've never played Persona 5, or any Persona game for that matter...

So I'm curious, how would Joker likely play?
His grab would be the animation he does when he sneeks up on shadows and rips their masks off, He also has a gun and daggers. Id imagine those would be his normal attacks. His dodges would be athletic af and everything he does would probably be flashy

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Aside from Wolf, Fox also changed a bit: his up taunt now has him say "Let's go!" instead of "Here I come!", and his down taunt now has him say "Come at me!" instead of "Come on!". I'm okay with that.

Richter also says "Prepare yourself!" in one of his taunts, so take that how you will...

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Could end up being wrong later on but like over half of the characters in the game are actually usable.

Currently have about 35 ish hours in right now(just vs matches, I haven't even touched WoL), and from my experience, some of the best characters in no particular order are:

:ultpikachu::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultyounglink::ultkrool::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultdiddy::ultroy:

:ultwolf: and :ultincineroar: seem to have a lot of potential too.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
His grab would be the animation he does when he sneeks up on shadows and rips their masks off, He also has a gun and daggers. Id imagine those would be his normal attacks. His dodges would be athletic af and everything he does would probably be flashy
Doubt they'd add guns. That's why all of Snake's attacks had to be explosives. They need to keep the E10 rating.
Pretty sure an actual gun would bump it up to T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom