• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I really can't consider Bayonetta and Joker SEGA "reps" tbh. Platinum and Atlus are the responsibles for those games, SEGA just own them. It'd be like calling MUA3 a Disney game which, while technically correct, sounds dumb as ****
Crash Bandicoot is likely then.
Crash is a character that makes the perfect sense because it's the ultimate middle fimger to Sony. I don't really care for the character but he makes all the sense if Nintendo wants to simply show off how big Smash truly is.
But, like, promotional characters would be characters with exclusive Nintendo releases(which Joker could be if the Switch port does happen)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's entirely possible Nintendo chose one or two promotional reps to be put at the end of the pass when most players have already paid for it and included fan favorites to soften the reaction.
Not that I don't mind promotional picks as I actually like getting stuff from current games unlike most people here for some reason.
Most of the fanbase tends to look at promotional reps unfavorably, mainly because they don't have any knowledge of the character and they think existing options would be better.

Personally, I'm kind of hoping for some promotional characters. We have this massive gap of time following Joker and Incineroar where no characters who debuted in 2017 and 2018 are in Smash. It'll feel weird going into 2020 if all DLC characters are revealed and Incineroar is still the youngest character.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
With what Reggie said, it feels like the DLC is going to be "less nintendo-y", so from more mature franchises.
I guess we'll see when DLC 2 is announced.

D

Deleted member

What's the problem with Dracula's Castle?
I wanted it to be like Spear Pillar.

I really can't consider Bayonetta and Joker SEGA "reps" tbh. Platinum and Atlus are the responsibles for those games, SEGA just own them. It'd be like calling MUA3 a Disney game which, while technically correct, sounds dumb as ****

Crash is a character that makes the perfect sense because it's the ultimate middle fimger to Sony. I don't really care for the character but he makes all the sense if Nintendo wants to simply show off how big Smash truly is.
But, like, promotional characters would be characters with exclusive Nintendo releases(which Joker could be if the Switch port does happen)
Crash had many good GBA exclusive games and N.Sane Trilogy alongside the new Team Racing on Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never liked Spear Pillar
When Palkia showed up and flipped the stage, it was annoying for almost everyone...
Thankfully, we can turn off the hazards. I probably won't use it that much, but for some stages it's really nice to have.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo wants to capitalize on the DLC, and if they have been in talks with the 3rd Parties to negotiate more than just Smash:
1-Announce Smash DLC fighter
2-Get fans hype
3-Announce Switch game from that series
4-????
5-Profit

I'd have likely bought a Persona 5 port because I always wanted to get into the series but Joker in Smash basically guarantees I'll buy it now.
Crash had many good GBA exclusive games and N.Sane Trilogy alongside the new Team Racing on Switch.
None of that is a current exclusive game though. Dunno why you're even pushing the idea of Crash as solely a promotional pick though.

D

Deleted member

Thankfully, we can turn off the hazards. I probably won't use it that much, but for some stages it's really nice to have.
Now let’s see if modders finally make creative stages instead of Battlefield and Final Destination clones.

And i love hazards.

If Nintendo wants to capitalize on the DLC, and if they have been in talks with the 3rd Parties to negotiate more than just Smash:
1-Announce Smash DLC fighter
2-Get fans hype
3-Announce Switch game from that series
4-????
5-Profit

I'd have likely bought a Persona 5 port because I always wanted to get into the series but Joker in Smash basically guarantees I'll buy it now.

None of that is a current exclusive game though. Dunno why you're even pushing the idea of Crash as solely a promotional pick though.
The new CTR.

And the GBA games are still exclusive.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The world of light map is essentially how I wish they would have been doing New Super Mario Bros and Mario 3d land/world world maps.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sorry, but it isn’t a real Megaman stage if it isn’t hard.
Wily's Castle was less hard, and more unfair

When the Yellow Devil showed up, it completely changed the outcome of the match...
It was just really annoying to deal with...

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I am very thankful for the hazards toggle. Stages with cool layouts like Castle Siege, Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are all now playable without getting an aneurysm.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nice to finally have Wily's Castle actually usable this time
I mean, hazardless version of it was already in the last game as Omega form :laugh:

Now let’s see if modders finally make creative stages instead of Battlefield and Final Destination clones.

And i love hazards.
I love some hazards, like Spirit Train or WarioWare Inc. Some are just annoying for me.

D

Deleted member

Wily's Castle was less hard, and more unfair

When the Yellow Devil showed up, it completely changed the outcome of the match...
That is more reasonable, yeah.

I mean, hazardless version of it was already in the last game as Omega form :laugh:

I love some hazards, like Spirit Train or WarioWare Inc. Some are just annoying for me.
Fair enough.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
It would be pretty cool if we got the Farmer from Harvest Moon. A good classic and new 3rd Party Rep that would be interesting with a move set base on farming

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It would be pretty cool if we got the Farmer from Harvest Moon. A good classic and new 3rd Party Rep that would be interesting with a move set base on farming
Yes! But my question is which farmer would they choose?
I'd assume the 64 or FoMT one as those are the more well known ones.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
More observations from world of light:

If this ever gets as crazy as the brawl modding community, PSA’s are literally the easiest thing in the world as Sakurai has done a base theory for all of them.

Want to make a PSA for Snake man? Use the bombchu item.

Man this game is great.

Untouch

Smash Master
My DLC predictions are based on what Reggie said, series you wouldn't consider Nintendo or would seem like pipe-dreams, and companies that were on board with the Switch before it even launched.
  • DOOMguy (I would say Dragonborn, but I feel like Bethesda would rather advertise DOOM Eternal.)
  • Crash (Would be a great middle finger to Sony, Spyro HD doesn't have a Switch release yet but CTR was announced with one.)
  • DQ Rep (Erdrick or Slime, I feel Joker is different because he is by far the most popular Persona character at the moment, Luminary isn't.)
  • Joker (He was already announced.)
  • Wildcard, there's a lot I'm leaning towards here. (Steve or Ryu Hayabusa, both Minecraft and Koei were on board with the Switch early on.)
I think the second DLC announced is going to make or break a lot of predictions.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
When they adding Wave Race

I have an actual hunch, though. No evidence, just a feeling, but I think Terry Bogard might have a shot.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That would be pretty cute, I love love harvest moon but which Farmer? Id say A/nother Wonderful Life farmer

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I honestly do not see any sort of Ballot happening. They have a lot of data already, and the characters that aren’t in Smash are...well, they don’t really stack up to who is left?

Look, the Ballot was a unique circumstance that went hand in hand with the concept of Ultimate. Poll for some top picks, add the top picks (which probably contained all cut veterans and led to “Let’s bring back everyone!” idea) and make potentially the greatest crossover ever seen in media. Well, gaming anyway.

The next Smash probably won’t be out for some time, and even then I don’t even think it will follow a similar formula. I honestly think the next game with cut a lot of content and beloved characters, and no offense to anyone but a new ballot would have...like, C-tier and maybe a few b-tier characters on it.

Side note that is only slightly related, I have done a few midnight releases and one trek to Erie, PA to play a demo of Wii U years ago. Every single time I have done anything Smash related, the odor of the place in question almost made me hurl. My girlfriend had to bury her face in my shoulder because of the stench.

For real, why is hygiene a problem in the Smash fanbase? It’s not even just the competitive players too! It’s quite the group of people!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Never played Persona 5
But I'd say it depends if he's athletic in the original game or not...
Athletics actually his defining ability. He's been shown to jump between chandeliers, climb high places very fast and sneak behind enemies before jumping on them. Heck, he backflips for no reason in his battle entrance.

So yeah, wall-jumps and crawling suits him. maybe even wall cling?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Are you SEE the gameplay of that game? He is JUMPING AROUND wall to wall hiding from Shadows.
Athletics actually his defining ability. He's been shown to jump between chandeliers, climb high places very fast and sneak behind enemies before jumping on them. Heck, he backflips for no reason in his battle entrance.
Okay, yes, definitely a wall jumper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom