• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I don't know what the Spirit battles are like because I haven't touched it yet, but what are the conditions? Are they just really good cpus?
Very late response, but it's basically you against 4 Yoshis in the Crafted World Alt on Super Happy Tree. Everyone is easier to launch. It's a pain because the CPUs are actually competent and gang up and kill pretty easily.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Doubt they'd add guns. That's why all of Snake's attacks had to be explosives. They need to keep the E10 rating.
Pretty sure an actual gun would bump it up to T
The firearms Phantom Thieves uses are not actual guns but very realistic model guns. Though, I doubt CERO would care, so you might be right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The firearms Phantom Thieves uses are not actual guns but very realistic model guns. Though, I doubt CERO would care, so you might be right.
I bet they’ll care more for minor things

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Yes! But my question is which farmer would they choose?
I'd assume the 64 or FoMT one as those are the more well known ones.
The SNES, 64 and FoMT games had a similar look to them so I think it would make sense to have the original iconic farmer in that style.

That would be pretty cute, I love love harvest moon but which Farmer? Id say A/nother Wonderful Life farmer
A/nother Wonderful Life was my favorite in the series! It would be amazing to play as him but I think having his iconic look from the SNES/N64 would fit better.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Doubt they'd add guns. That's why all of Snake's attacks had to be explosives. They need to keep the E10 rating.
Pretty sure an actual gun would bump it up to T
oh you rigjt.. hm well they can use the "its a fake gun" thing from P5 if they could do that lol Because the gun was only real in Mementos and, as far as we know, The smash universe isnt the Mementos

osby

Smash Obsessed
oh you rigjt.. hm well they can use the "its a fake gun" thing from P5 if they could do that lol Because the gun was only real in Mementos and, as far as we know, The smash universe isnt the Mementos
By that logic, Joker also shouldn't be able to use a Persona.

Or you can be cheeky and say Smash is also a world of cognition, so everything in Metaverse should also work in there.

D

Deleted member

Another thing I just realized is that with each new fighter comes the possibility of a brand new, original boss from their series.

Like, we could get Alduin from the Elder Scrolls, or N. Gin from Crash Bandicoot.

I say N. Gin and not Neo Cortex because N. Gin is far more capable of being a Smash Bros. boss than Cortex given he fights in a mecha.

So... who would be the boss Joker fights?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of Joker, I love how in Smash, all he has to do to summon his Persona is just gently take his mask off. No harm, no foul. Not at all comparable to the summoning method in P5 proper, in which the mask is literally attached to his face, and he has to violently rip it off to get his Persona, which comes with all the blood you would imagine seeing when you rip something attached to your body off.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm waiting for SOMEBODY to complain that he's an anime character.
They were people complaining about his inclusion making Goku possible from day 1.

Never underestimate the ignorance of some parts of Smash fandom.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Skimming through these videos, and I found out that Richter says "Dracula..." when he's sleeping. Never noticed until now.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of Joker, I love how in Smash, all he has to do to summon his Persona is just gently take his mask off. No harm, no foul. Not at all comparable to the summoning method in P5 proper, in which the mask is literally attached to his face, and he has to violently rip it off to get his Persona, which comes with all the blood you would imagine seeing when you rip something attached to your body off.
Don't worry they only bleed when it's their first time doing it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Another thing I just realized is that with each new fighter comes the possibility of a brand new, original boss from their series.

Like, we could get Alduin from the Elder Scrolls, or N. Gin from Crash Bandicoot.

I say N. Gin and not Neo Cortex because N. Gin is far more capable of being a Smash Bros. boss than Cortex given he fights in a mecha.

So... who would be the boss Joker fights?
I don't think DLC characters will get bosses but if he gets one, it might be Reaper.

But isn't only his first summoning bloody? After that, his mask just turns into his Persona with burning like everyone else.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I think they just got used to it, if you ask me.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I don't know if they'll come with full bosses, but Stage bosses are a definite possibility. As much as I disliked Ridley's inclusion last round, it'd be easy to reskin Alduin onto that.

What they probably will come with are more spirits though, and it'd be interesting to see what spirit battles they come up with.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
But isn't only his first summoning bloody? After that, his mask just turns into his Persona with burning like everyone else.
Nah, it only happens like RIGHT when they do it, but if you pay attention during fights, everyone's faces still get bloody for a second when they summon their Personas.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Man I really like playing Dark Samus but man are her normals stubby. Her jab DOESN’T EVEN COMBO WHICH LETs MY OPPONENT GRAB ME WITHIN MY JAB COMBO! Why is that even nerfed?!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man I really like playing Dark Sami’s but man are her normals stubby. Her jab DOESN’T EVEN COMBO WHICH LETs MY OPPONENT GRAB ME WITHIN MY JAB COMBO! Which is that even nerfed?!
No.
They intentionally made her jab suck ass.

Welcome to the last 20 years of a ****ty character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No.
They intentionally made her jab suck ***.

Welcome to the last 20 years of a ****ty character.
Wasn't Samus, like D tier in the last game? There were more than 15 characters who were worse than her.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wasn't Samus, like D tier in the last game? There were more than 15 characters who were worse than her.
D tier is bad though.

Samus has been busted since Brawl. They just have no idea how to make her good after the engine changes post-Melee.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Since they can still use their Persona without their mask, as seen by DLC. I just think it just comes along with it.

D

Deleted member

So which line-up do you prefer?

Path #1:
Challenger Pack #1: Joker
Challenger Pack #2: Dante
Challenger Pack #3: Doomguy
Challenger Pack #4: Ryu Hayabusa
Challenger Pack #5: Lloyd

Path #2:
Challenger Pack #2: Tracer
Challenger Pack #3: KOS MOS
Challenger Pack #4: Sora
Challenger Pack #5: Monster Hunter

Path #3:
Challenger Pack #2: 2B
Challenger Pack #3: Travis Touchdown
Challenger Pack #4: Scorpion
Challenger Pack #5: Dragonborn

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Path #1:

Path #2:

Path #3:
Is there a path 4 bro

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Path #1:

Path #2:

Path #3:
#3. Easy.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
With MK11 coming to Switch, I honestly think a Mortal Kombat character is possible now. I'm not the biggest Mortal Kombat fan in the world, but man I think this would just be absolutely hilarious. I want to fight Sub Zero with a dog secretary in a plaid sweater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom