• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh when ever I use Isabelle's fishing rod and hold back, it doesn't go back. Same with other directions. Am I inputting it wrong?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've had several moments of KOing with the cannon combo with K. Rool, trying to taunt, realising I can't, then in turn realising I'm the guy I always hated playing against in FG.

Still want them back tho
hold up hold up.... wait I remember fighting in an Arena and they held up the fight with taunts, I swear I saw it

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah seriously.
Almost considering dropping the fella due to this.
Unfortunately, i have already and he was a secondary in 4. It's WAY too inconvenient now to get levin sword out. It's just not gonna be worth it to alter my muscle memory and jam the button Everytime now to get it out.

Oh no. Haven’t unlocked Robin yet. Am worried now
Sorry...didn't mean to worry you, but yeah this is an incredible inconvenient change for me. Only work around would be changing c stick to smash attack for Robin which would bring them out with c stick, but I really don't like that either.

I'm very lukewarm to Luigi also, moreso cause the Zair is terrible and he is insanely vulnerable now offstage. Grab is alright.

BUT, his tornado can get crazy early kills at like 80-90 from an up throw, so ..there's that. It's pretty hard to DI. Almost like a d throw to cyclone like 4. Needs more testing.

Bowser turned out fantastic, despite the loss of kill confirm. S-so fast. You can link aerials so much better now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright what the **** is up with my game.
I've done both the classic chain, the suicide-reset method, and played like an hour of WoL but it still won't give me the rest of my character unlock matches.
Oh no. Haven’t unlocked Robin yet. Am worried now

Excuse me this is what your looking for it’s the flow chart for character unlocks for classic it’s beat classic with this character and this character appears from top to bottom

By the way if you fail the challenge approaching this is how to get rematches

https://www.elecspo.com/games/super...s-in-smash-bros-ultimate-challengers-approach

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Excuse me this is what your looking for it’s the flow chart for character unlocks for classic it’s beat classic with this character and this character appears from top to bottom

By the way if you fail the challenge approaching this is how to get rematches

https://www.elecspo.com/games/super...s-in-smash-bros-ultimate-challengers-approach
Nah, I already have that saved.

The issue was more of the latter issue of not realizing challenger's approach exists.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Some of these unlockables are about to make me rage, lol.
Seriously though, what the hell?
I'm too used to the AI being stupid dumb asses that walk into my smash attacks for a quick kill. Now they are comboing me and Jigglypuff even ****ed me up in 5 seconds somehow: she got my Kirby stuck near the Saffron City door, did a few tilts and aerials then used Rest to kill me. I was stunned.

I like the challenge but it was a shock.

MyMusic is intimidating as hell. I actually gave up customizing every stage after Final Destination.

I haven't touched online yet, but from what I hear they didn't beta test it all and the community are freaking out because we're still clueless as to what to look for and casuals are playing this game like crazy right now. Guess we'll see.

Enjoying Spirits and classic mode. Both are really fun!

D

Deleted member

Why are you anti-Isabelle? Not going to go into some raging fit, I'm just curious.
Because of the incessant need people had for her to be playable just because she was popular despite the fact being an Assist was literally perfect for her character because it is who she is.
All the arrogance about how much of a "lock" she was and how anyone with opposing viewpoints were ridiculed on top of all the really...really questionable hypotheticals in regards to her moveset bred out of desperation to show how much "unique potential" she had didn't help matters for me.

Only reason I begrudgingly accepted Isabelle was because Incineroar was supposed to come later.
But she is a literal ***** to fight against due to the very half-assed tools given to make her "different" from Villager, so now I'm legitimately wishing she stayed an Assist...

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nah, I already have that saved.

The issue was more of the latter issue of not realizing challenger's approach exists.
Glad you found the door icon in games and more.

Anyway I heard if yo7 fail once again you have to do classic/vs again besides world of light

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
And I hate how after playing a game I gotta select my character again. Such a weird decision.
This! It's so annoying. Especially if you prefer to use a non-default character costume. On top of taking away the X/Y button switching... Plumber Wario, male Wii Fit Trainer, dark-skinned Villager, starting with Ivysaur or Charizard, Alph! So tedious.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We have to boycott the online.
Good luck with that. People will still be on Splatoon and Mario Kart, and the competitive ruleset is the minority.

A part of me thinks people have no clue how to find their ideal matches yet (no standardized rule set, so people are constantly using different stock and time rules) while another thinks they didn't beta test this well at all and will need to change things to make this model work.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This! It's so annoying. Especially if you prefer to use a non-default character costume. On top of taking away the X/Y button switching... Plumber Wario, male Wii Fit Trainer, dark-skinned Villager, starting with Ivysaur or Charizard, Alph! So tedious.
The Dark Souls of game menus.

Listen man, you're talking to people who are complaining about the online.
Meaning, they've already bought it.
Meaning, this is kinda pointless.
They can cancel it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
So far enjoying every aspect of the game so far, except for online. Already unlocked all the characters and slowly going through WoL. However, I really can't stand that I set my online preference to stock matches without items, and get time battle with items. Very infuriating that I have to pay attention at the loading screen to know if I got the match type I wanted.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Me: I love Persona!

Me playing Persona 5 and died: **** this game.

Hopefully I won't do this with Smash.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Got another one for those who want world of light

Here’s the locations of the big map
WorldofLightCharacterLocations.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am dissapointed with Dracula’s Castle.

I wanted it to be like Spear Pillar.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Because of the incessant need people had for her to be playable just because she was popular despite the fact being an Assist was literally perfect for her character because it is who she is.
All the arrogance about how much of a "lock" she was and how anyone with opposing viewpoints were ridiculed on top of all the really...really questionable hypotheticals in regards to her moveset bred out of desperation to show how much "unique potential" she had didn't help matters for me.

Only reason I begrudgingly accepted Isabelle was because Incineroar was supposed to come later.
But she is a literal ***** to fight against due to the very half-***** tools given to make her "different" from Villager, so now I'm legitimately wishing she stayed an Assist...
Honestly, I wouldn't consider her a lock. I wouldn't consider anyone a lock. This is Sakurai, ya can't predict him. And yeah, she was good as an assist trophy, but I think she is just as good as a fighter. Besides, she is basically Animal Crossing's mascot at this point. And honestly, I don't see why people liking and wanting her makes her a bad pick. And honestly, you say it was incessant, but I've never seen this be the case. I wanted Isabelle, and I never really mentioned it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
By the way, as I was playing Yoshi, I noticed something about his victory animations. He always had the same 3 animations since 64. But now...

2 of the 3 have been significantly altered. One (the one where he pumps his fists in the air and then does a vaudeville pose) was changed so much I consider it a new animation. The only one that hasn't been touched is Akuma Pose, which is the one that should NEVER be touched under ANY circumstances. Good on ya Sakurai!!!

D

Deleted member

I wanted the monsters in Dracula’s Castle as hazards.

But the stage ended up being a hazardless one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom