• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thought I would post it but crowd cheers in ultimate

Sadly not that much different from smash 4 looks like recycling to me besides new echos and newcomers

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A food for thought, when you finally got DLC character. Would they join you in WoL? I'm curious about that
My guess is that they'd put them on the map somewhere rather than just giving them to you outright, because that would heavily affect the experience for new players. You'd auto unlock them in base, but they'd be added to the WoL map for WoL.

Dan

Smash Lord
For everyone app reset grinding the characters like me, all I want you to know is that colors weave.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
My guess is that they'd put them on the map somewhere rather than just giving them to you outright, because that would heavily affect the experience for new players. You'd auto unlock them in base, but they'd be added to the WoL map for WoL.
That seems impossible for developers to do, but it's worth to replace one of spirit battles in WoL or make bonus dungeon where DLC characters resides in

D

Deleted member

So, I've unlocked all the characters and have been enjoying this game LIKE CRAZY...

but, honestly, the atrocious online keeps this game at a 7/10 for me. I was planning to spend most of my time in "for glory" mode, but what we have now (besides arenas those are tight ) sucks. I can barely ever get matched in a 1v1 no items omega match. This is literally a step down from Smash 4's online, somehow.

It sounds like I'm overexaggerating, but tbh For Glory was where I spent most my time in Sm4sh. I'm still enjoying the single-player but the novelty of WoL is dying fast. Unless they improve the matchmaking in a patch, I'm not sure how to enjoy it. If/when they improve it (I have faith in daddy Sakurai) then I'll be happy, this game will be a 10/10, but for know? I'm kinda dissapointed tbh

D

Deleted member

Holy **** the online in this game is awful. I know everybody has already said that, but it is so ****ing bad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Same goes for the Dream Friends in Star Allies, in the base game Bandana Dee is the only guy you can summon with a Dream Rod until you beat Dedede. Because of the DLC, there's 12 other characters to summon and because it's a 'roulette' it's harder for newbies to choose their faves

Iridium

Smash Hero
Any ideas on what they should do for online?
First: actually make a matchmaking system that works, so maybe we can get something that appeals to the competitive players. Elite Smash just doesn't do it, and not everyone wants to be stuck in 4-player FFAs.

D

Deleted member

Yo, what mad lad designed Isabelle's Classic. It took me like, 5 tries to beat the first stage on 5.0. It pits you against 4 Villagers, and the item spawns kept messing me up so hard. It kept giving the Villagers insta-kill items.

I love Classic so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I find it funny that those mentions are basically just the supporter list at the first page that doesn't include the rest of everyone. LOL

Granted, I may not be any better to talk since I don't know exactly how much of us there are since then. And I am very well aware that there's someone out there that does that job in various support threads (I haven't checked other support threads but he did the same thing for the KOS-MOS thread).

Thanks for the mention, dude. I can't speak for everyone but personally but seeing Joker's reveal was like like the dream I thought I didn't wanted come true! Takes me back to when P5 launched, blowing my mind for the entirety of my summer. Happy to be a fan of the series since Persona 3 FES!

Now all that's left is KOS-MOS! The only character I care about at this point. Let's hope she drops for us supporters who would love to experience her beloved trilogy series one day, and to some of us who would love to go back and re-experience it once again.

I still plan on getting into Xenoblade at some point. I did play a Xeno game recently this year and that was Gears! I'm confident in saying that of the best decisions I ever made!
HA! To be fair, it was very early in the morning for me, and digging through pages of supporters would have been a little much for me, but feel free to include anyone who's missing and I'll be sure to tag them as well so they can see it too!

You're very welcome by the way. I was definitely thinking about you guys the moment that invitation card flipped over. "Greatest treasure of all" indeed.

Ugh, hell yes. I can't stress enough how much I want KOS-MOS to be playable. Funny thing is that Nintendo could have gone with Yu Narukami in terms of recognizability, but the fact that Joker has a more unique flare to him means Sakurai went with a Persona rep that isn't mostly sword-user from a fundamental standpoint (though it's fair to reason that Yu would still have been unique by sword-user standards given the Persona mechanics).

Since Heihachi has always been an unexciting guest character in crossovers and his gimmick is already represented by Ryu and Ken, this makes him far less likely. Bonus points for Lloyd being another sword-user, who wouldn't bring much to the table. However, with Capcom, Sega, and Konami having 3 reps each, I'll throw Lloyd fans a bone and say that he deserves to be in Smash equally with KOS-MOS, to round up the number to 3 Namco reps. If both of them get in Smash, that's just more incentive to port their games over in Smash, which I would be happy to play along with Persona 5.

Thank you so much, this has been an absolute dream come true for me and the others.

It really warms my heart to see that this is resulting in Persona reaching a new audience.
If Persona 5 comes out on the Switch, I'll be sure to get it. I skipped out on a lot of games on my PS4 (mainly because my brother owns it, not me), no thanks to the crummy tv setup in my house. In fact, I almost exclusively play my Switch in handheld mode, and I've been doing this for Xenoblade 2 despite the apparent performance issues.

I will say this much though: As someone with a bit more grounded knowledge toward Type-Moon, BBTAG scratched the itch I had for a Type-Moon vs. Atlus game. I'm hoping BBTAG's fifth repping franchise is Melty Blood. On a related note, I'm hoping for Arturia's inclusion in Smash later down the line, just to drive Reggie's point about Smash being the biggest crossover in entertainment.

D

Deleted member

While I feel Cloud already killed it, the whole “relationship with Nintendo” thing needs to be buried.

Joker himself has nothing to do with Nintendo, and i’m glad he killed that rule. At least in my opinion.

The fact that Verg is now not reliable hopefully opens up what’s discussed here as well.
Sub-Zero in Smash. We all never listened to Maximillian.

D

Deleted member

Villager CPUs love Gyroid :yoshi:
I kept getting 0 to 100ed by them all pummeling with jab and then one would walk away and sweet spot a Gyroid or grab an item.

Isabelle's Classic is bonkers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
From my experience, the online hasn't been that laggy. And that was even before my lan adapter came in the mail earlier today. I get an occasional hiccup in 4vs4 and I had one somewhat laggy 1vs1, but aside from that my connections been fine. I don't know what people have been complaining about there.

My issue with it is entirely with the match making.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me if we got Scorpion in and he sported the rest of the MK1-3 ninja designs as alternate colors.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
I guess I should be glad that I still haven't bought the online yet, huh?

Oh well, at least the CPUs are always there for me since I have no friends to play with locally.

single tear rolls down face

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright what the **** is up with my game.
I've done both the classic chain, the suicide-reset method, and played like an hour of WoL but it still won't give me the rest of my character unlock matches.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That seems impossible for developers to do, but it's worth to replace one of spirit battles in WoL or make bonus dungeon where DLC characters resides in
I don't see why that'd be impossible. Its just sticking something on the board somewhere in a random place. They could probably add an alternate path extending from a deadend somewhere, or as you said, add an extra dungeon for DLC characters. I just don't think its at all feasible to have them available immediately in WoL because you're supposed to start with only Kirby.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I have a third party Gamecube adapter and it was working totally fine earlier. I left my game on and went to do a few things and came back, and now the Switch won't pick up the adapter anymore.

Has anyone else had this problem, managed to fix it? And if so, what did you do?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly at this point it wouldn't surprise me if we got Scorpion in and he sported the rest of the MK1-3 ninja designs as alternate colors.
They definitely could go down the Alph route. Moveset differences most likely could remain, or not (down the Simon/Richter route for this).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom