• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean that's not really important to gaming but it's still ****ing amazing at how Bayonetta's the best sexualized character in media and something dumb anime can learn from
****ing Morrigan eat your heart out.

I mean hey, that game did push the envelope for hack and slash games that weren't going by the name of "Capcom". I am surprised however a bit surprised that people weren't upset about Bayonetta 3 being Nintendo-exclusive again. :dazwa:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

I mean hey, that game did push the envelope for hack and slash games that weren't going by the name of "Capcom". I am surprised however a bit surprised that people weren't upset about Bayonetta 3 being Nintendo-exclusive again. :dazwa:
That's because everybody actually owns a Switch now, unlike the Wii U

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've seen people upset about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 though.

Nintendo saves game fans want or has it made. They're the assholes who stole it from them apparently.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

But. God of War exists...

Oh I actually saw that come back full force. Which is odd, because there's more people who complained about Nintendo having Bayonetta as an exclusive than people who bought her first game. Hell, funny enough, Nintendo posted Bayonetta pics on their official tumblr account when the site started flagging anything that seemed remotely horny

D

Deleted member

Nintendo saves game fans want or has it made. They're the ******** who stole it from them apparently.
I’m not upset.

I am literally depressed and furious when i remember the existance of Ultimate Alliance 3.
I want that game cancelled if it keeps looking the way it does now.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So I've played the game for the first time. Unlocked more than 10.. aside from everything good, some faces really need a makeover.. uggh
Young Link, don't smile.. please. You too Pit.. what's with those expressions. Also Yoshi Craft skin is cool.. until he takes his pose, he look like he's made out of sponge (Yoshi Square Rep Ripped Pants XD). More thoughts later O/

D

Deleted member

Pause button did you just use gay as a serious, unironic insult?
What else did you expect from him?
Shish I love ya, but Joker and Isabelle were definitely not on the same level.
Tell that to this thread then because they sure as hell are taking them the same way.
It's theory time. Buckle up.

Remember that picture Sakurai posted in August that lots of people were sure was hinting towards Isaac? What if it's actually hinting at Crono?

Crono represents Link, obviously; silent sword protagonists and all that.

Marth represents Marle, since they're both royalty (plus, their names are similar.)

Shulk represents Lucca, since they're both engineers and are into science.

If you want to take it a step further, you can say that Marth's blue color scheme represents Marle's ice magic, and Shulk's red represents Lucca's fire magic.
You stole my ****post. See you in court.
Small brain: the Rathalos pic is a reference to Golden Sun
Big brain: the Rathalos pic is a reference to the Chrono Trigger opening
View attachment 168465

ITT: saying "it looks believable" does not mean that you believe in something

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Which one?

If I recall, most of them are already gone.
While I feel Cloud already killed it, the whole “relationship with Nintendo” thing needs to be buried.

Joker himself has nothing to do with Nintendo, and i’m glad he killed that rule. At least in my opinion.

The fact that Verg is now not reliable hopefully opens up what’s discussed here as well.

D

Deleted member

Haven't done that one but have you felt the pain that is the Juri spirit battle?
Haven't seen Juri's yet, the only other ones that gave me trouble were Rayman and The Great Zapfish. Spiking that giant Pikachu with Mario after trying to beat him for roughly an hour was highly cathartic.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
D

Deleted member

Nintendo saves game fans want or has it made. They're the ******** who stole it from them apparently.
Welcome to the internet: Where no matter what happens, everything is horrible and everyone is screaming!

Seriously, some people act like exclusives are this horrible, new thing. Some games can only be played on certain systems, just the way it is.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Why? I'm looking forward to it since my boys Spider-Man and Wolverine are back at it. We don't even know the full roster yet, it could be even better.

The Dr. Wily spirit battle is complete bull****.
Someone save me.
I'm gonna look forward to fighting Dr. Wilson myself. And I'll use Mega Man to do it too.

D

Deleted member

That's not really that bad tbh. No F4 but still pretty neat
The lack of F4 IS the problem (besides the game looking like a mobile phone one).

That team is to Ultimate Alliance what the X-Men are to Marvel vs Capcom.

Welcome to the internet: Where no matter what happens, everything is horrible and everyone is screaming!

Seriously, some people act like exclusives are this horrible, new thing. Some games can only be played on certain systems, just the way it is.
The game being exclusive isn’t bad.

Everything else about it is bad.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
While I feel Cloud already killed it, the whole “relationship with Nintendo” thing needs to be buried.

Joker himself has nothing to do with Nintendo, and i’m glad he killed that rule. At least in my opinion.

The fact that Verg is now not reliable hopefully opens up what’s discussed here as well.
You mean the whole, "Had to be on a Nintendo console fist" thing right?

I agree. Even though it's technically true that every character in Smash appeared on a Nintendo console prior to their inclusion in Smash, it doesn't really mean anything or matter in regards to their inclusion.

I think something to this effect was said pretty outright in one of the Reggie/Sakurai interviews released yesterday/today regarding Joker's inclusion. The IGN one maybe? I don't remember which one it was.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well with anything being possible, my dark-horse choice is Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon. Half for representing the beat-em-up genre, and half for the music.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
The highlight of Smash Ultimate for me so far is [spoiler alert]

Hearing Pit scream “I never learned how to READ!” as he’s being star KO’d.

The second place highlight for me is [another spoiler alert]

Seeing Kyle Hyde as a primary spirit and taking part in all the Spirit activities. Everyone really is here, and you can recreate all the conditions from Adventure mode in regular Smash to play as or against any of the Spirit characters. The roster is much, much bigger than 69.

So far I noticed that Kotaku hasn’t updated their 12 best games for the Switch list. I agree with that decision, even if some of the games on there currently I don’t think should be on there. My review so far is that this is a solid game that nobody really needs. Same with Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, among others. It’s not worth buying a Switch for, but if you already have a Switch, it can be a fun time. I’ll put Smash above those two games, but I wasn’t really *super* impressed with those games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well with anything being possible, my dark-horse choice is Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon. Half for representing the beat-em-up genre, and half for the music.

Ah, good ol' Bimmy and Jimmy. Not a bad choice either given how iconic they are, though I don't know if I'd have them be my first choice or anything.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate>>>>Persona 5>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 3 the game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ultimate Alliance 3

how would you guys react to Mario being in the switch version of the CTR remake?
Better character roster than Ultimate Alliance 3 if he comes with Spyro.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
The Dr. Wily spirit battle is complete bull****.
Someone save me.
Go be kirby and MUST equip sigma as your main spirit
get two spirts that gives more stamina buff
get spirit with metal killer
Go spam down-b on those metal ****ers

This is how I managed to won that battle.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Smash Ultimate>>>>Persona 5>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 3 the game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ultimate Alliance 3
Okay, I'm gonna be extremely blunt, this behavior I seen you have today has been rather obnoxious, and seems like spam. I'm not going further with the topic, but I advise you to please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom