• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
The highlight of Smash Ultimate for me so far is [spoiler alert]

Hearing Pit scream “I never learned how to READ!” as he’s being star KO’d.

The second place highlight for me is [another spoiler alert]

Seeing Kyle Hyde as a primary spirit and taking part in all the Spirit activities. Everyone really is here, and you can recreate all the conditions from Adventure mode in regular Smash to play as or against any of the Spirit characters. The roster is much, much bigger than 69.

So far I noticed that Kotaku hasn’t updated their 12 best games for the Switch list. I agree with that decision, even if some of the games on there currently I don’t think should be on there. My review so far is that this is a solid game that nobody really needs. Same with Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, among others. It’s not worth buying a Switch for, but if you already have a Switch, it can be a fun time. I’ll put Smash above those two games, but I wasn’t really *super* impressed with those games.
On second thought I dunno if I want to put Smash above Breath of the Wild. They’re somewhere around the same level. I probably liked Breath of the Wild more.

What’s better than Smash Ultimate on the Switch that I would recommend if you have a Switch? (Side note: I wouldn’t recommend BOTW, Mario Odyssey, or Smash.) In no particular order, they are— Splatoon 2, Into the Breach, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Dragon Quest Builders, Undertale (I played this last one on PC, but from what I gather it’s the same game on the Switch.) Everything not on that list of seven that I’ve played so far is either fun but passable, or just ultimately not fun.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Haven't done that one but have you felt the pain that is the Juri spirit battle?
Have you heard about pauline spirit battle?

That's real **** there, but my true pain is 9 volt and 18 volt spirit battle where you can get ****ed up by that yellow asshole with gun, Lucky, I was able to kill that one with spirit that have assist killer, and went to use the galaga and hoping that they won't be free from it

Oh, and JUST AVOID THE BOSS SPIRIT BATTLE, THAT **** FEELS LIKE YOURE IN FOR GLORY

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys!

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the legal stages in Ultimate?
I've already seen Hazards Off Frigate Orpheon and Hazards Off Skyloft being used in competitive doubles, so I was wondering if they're any other new legal stages.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i'm still feeling pretty convinced that monster hunter is gonna be dlc, especially with joker coming in

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hey guys!

I've already seen Hazards Off Frigate Orpheon and Hazards Off Skyloft being used in competitive doubles, so I was wondering if they're any other new legal stages.
I have no ideal, Id thought people would be more into this than they are now... but I guess we’ll just... wait?

D

Deleted member

Hey guys!

Every stage is legal because i say so.

Now keep playing the game.

i'm still feeling pretty convinced that monster hunter is gonna be dlc, especially with joker coming in
We have two in the game already.

They use whips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know I've been seeing lots of online talk, but this gather up the general consensus on it?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I hear it's not good, and I'm still worried. Maybe a patch can fix some of these issues.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know I've been seeing lots of online talk, but this gather up the general consensus on it?

I hear it's not good, and I'm still worried. Maybe a patch can fix some of these issues.
All accurate concerns.

The Arenas are very nice though.

D

Deleted member

We should boycott the online subscription until Nintendo fixes it already.

LetterO

Smash Lord

I think tags being gone are justified when so many people in Smash 4 used them to insult.

Iridium

Smash Hero
All accurate concerns.

The Arenas are very nice though.
No taunting, though.

*aggressive teabagging intensifies*

I think tags being gone are justified when so many people in Smash 4 used them to insult.
Well, I'm not disagreeing with you there. That can stay behind I guess, or maybe a stricter tag system should come into effect or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are older games able to hide any bad word.
Even this website can censor them.

I don’t know why Ultimate can, because it is possible.

Iridium

Smash Hero
And to anyone who's has played Ultimate, two questions, based on things I've heard: has lag online been bad in any way (based on distance as well)? Also, has input lag been noticeable at all?

D

Deleted member

And to anyone who's has played Ultimate, two questions, based on things I've heard: has lag online been bad in any way (based on distance as well)? Also, has input lag been noticeable at all?
I don’t pay the online, so i can’t answer.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I had bad lag in one match but the rest have been just fine. Don't notice input lag.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Lag is a mixed bag. Sometimes I have good matches, other times it's just plain unplayable. I think it probably depends on distance. Though I am also pretty far from my router, so it might be an issue with me.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Am I the only one getting bodied by some of these unlockable characters? And for the record, all you have to do is enter and exit WoL, which is slightly quicker than a 1-stock SD match.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Depends on how good your internet is, My friends was mainly fine except for a few matches, probably because the other person had bad internet. And yes there's input lag compared to LAN.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Depends on how good your internet is, My friends was mainly fine except for a few matches, probably because the other person had bad internet. And yes there's input lag compared to LAN.
I've seen tests proving that the wireless Pro Controller has the least input lag out of all of the controllers, and I'm amused for some reason. Still gonna use wired anyway.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Can't speak on the lag part, since I haven't played online.

As for input lag, I've haven't noticed any significant lag, so it's either non-existent or so small that it's appears non-existent (at least for me).

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Isn't no taunting a benefit?

Or else we'd just be stuck with 4 player taunt parties all over again.
I remember reading that it’s a slight nerf to Luigi, Snake, and Greninja. It’s also a slightly more significant nerf to Kirby.

But this no taunt thing makes DDD top tier now as he still has his sassy laying down taunt.

D

Deleted member

OO Oh that, yeah, I fixed that as soon as I saw it. Dunno why Im typoing so much tho
Btw, imma chick lol
It’s alright.

I remember reading that it’s a slight nerf to Luigi, Snake, and Greninja. It’s also a slightly more significant nerf to Kirby.

But this no taunt thing makes DDD top tier now as he still has his sassy laying down taunt.
I didn’t know that Snake’s taunt hurted other fighters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Isn't no taunting a benefit?

Or else we'd just be stuck with 4 player taunt parties all over again.
I'm not ready for the teabag parties. And I guess Incineroar bypasses the taunting thing by being himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom