• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Go be kirby and MUST equip sigma as your main spirit
get two spirts that gives more stamina buff
get spirit with metal killer
Go spam down-b on those metal ****ers

This is how I managed to won that battle.
Finally managed to get it with a maxed out Mr. Sandman with the Great Zapfish support as Little Mac.
I'm glad I didn't pick the hard difficulty in hindsight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
So, gotta ask again.

Can you get duplicate Mii-costume pieces?

From all the gameplay that I've watched soo far, I haven't seen any dupes, but I am very burnt out grinding that **** after Smash 4.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I just looked at the character forum and saw Joker listed as number 71. So it wasn't a dream. Must be an elaborate prank then.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
EVRYBODY WE ARE CONFIRMED OK, REGGIE JUST SAID THAT WE ARE GETTING CHARACTERS NEW TO THE SERIES

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
HUGE issue i have with Robin now:

Seriously, with everyone I use, I have c stick set to tilt attack. In smash 4, Robin could bring out Levin sword with a simple flick of a c stick. It was fluent and great.

Now, you HAVE to HARD press the direction that you want the Levin sword out, like back+A (not even just a tap, a hard squeeze) to bring it out. It may not seem like a big deal but why did they remove that option? Now if you c stick an aerial, you always get bronze sword, even if Levin is available. It's very jarring since I always c sticked with a flick to bring it out. It's no longer cohesive, unless I'm missing something?

Any help? Thanks.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Finally got Ultimate. Pikachu is a beast.

Played as Icineroar for fun when I unlocked him then got my ass handed to me by Captain Falcon and failed to unlock him.

Classic mode is really fun this time. And WoL is cool in small doses

Still waiting for Robin to show up so I can play her

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just looked at the character forum and saw Joker listed as number 71. So it wasn't a dream. Must be an elaborate prank then.
Lmao guys we got em. Hacking the game awards mid-show, showing that fan-made Joker trailer and having the fils-a-mech come on stage and pretend it was the real Reggie took a lot of effort, but it was worth it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Seriously, with everyone I use, I have c stick set to tilt attack. In smash 4, Robin could bring out Levin sword with a simple flick of a c stick. It was fluent and great.

Now, you HAVE to HARD press the direction that you want the Levin sword out, like back+A (not even just a tap, a hard squeeze) to bring it out. It may not seem like a big deal but why did they remove that option? Now if you c stick an aerial, you always get bronze sword, even if Levin is available. It's very jarring since I always c sticked with a flick to bring it out. It's no longer cohesive, unless I'm missing something?

Any help? Thanks.
Yeah seriously.
Almost considering dropping the fella due to this.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Any help? Thanks.
Yeah seriously.
Almost considering dropping the fella due to this.
Oh no. Haven’t unlocked Robin yet. Am worried now

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Anybody having any trouble beating All-Star Mode? I get up to around 1994.

Also, I have a new Smash Bros. favorite: King K. Rool. He's so much fun!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not used to his fast falling I guess. Yoshi is one of the best characters in the air for his fast horizontal speed and very slow vertical speed. But with Fox I always, and I mean ALWAYS mistime his jump and recovery
Given my mains and the fact that I'll play almost anyone, I have to change my playstyle for them, and I guess it doesn't hurt me. Fox is considerably more aggressive though, so I don't blame you. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but he's fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anybody having any trouble beating All-Star Mode? I get up to around 1994.

Also, I have a new Smash Bros. favorite: King K. Rool. He's so much fun!
There isn’t an All-Star mode.

Just a variant of a mode (i think assault) where you fight every fighter.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Given my mains and the fact that I'll play almost anyone, I have to change my playstyle for them, and I guess it doesn't hurt me. Fox is considerably more aggressive though, so I don't blame you. It takes a bit of time to get used to, but he's fun.
Other characters I've been using that I liked are Zelda and Young Link (and Jesus is he fast!!!) :yoshi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There isn’t an All-Star mode.

Just a variant of a mode where you fight every fighter.
Where can I find that? I haven't found it. Am I just being stupid?

Other characters I've been using that I liked are Zelda and Young Link (and Jesus is he fast!!!) :yoshi:
Young Link is so fun to play. And yeah, he is fast.

D

Deleted member

Where can I find that? I haven't found it. Am I just being stupid?

Young Link is so fun to play. And yeah, he is fast.
You know that mode where you play against an army of Mii?

It has an option where you play it, but against every fighter.

That’s the closest thing to All-Star in Ultimate.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Don’t be so confident.

They could pull another Final Fantasy with the music in the end.
Oh no, I'm assuming we'll get at most 3-5 unremixed instrumental tracks exclusively from 5. But until Feb/March, it's nice to dream.

D

Deleted member

Shish I love ya, but Joker and Isabelle were definitely not on the same level.
This.

As someone who was anti-Isabelle (and is now extremely anti-Isabelle after having to fight her a couple times; hope you people are happy), the debate was always whether or not Sakurai would look past the fact she doesn't belong on the battlefield solely because of her mascot status. There were arguments for both sides.

No one really debated on Joker. Whenever he was brought up, it was always in context of some fans expressing how they'd like to see him. Literally no one argued that he had a strong chance except Shish it seems.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This.

As someone who was anti-Isabelle (and is now extremely anti-Isabelle after having to fight her a couple times; hope you people are happy), the debate was always whether or not Sakurai would look past the fact she doesn't belong on the battlefield solely because of her mascot status. There were arguments for both sides.

No one really debated on Joker. Whenever he was brought up, it was always in context of some fans expressing how they'd like to see him. Literally no one argued that he had a strong chance except Shish it seems.
Why are you anti-Isabelle? Not going to go into some raging fit, I'm just curious.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I dont really mind that you cant taunt online tbh
I've had several moments of KOing with the cannon combo with K. Rool, trying to taunt, realising I can't, then in turn realising I'm the guy I always hated playing against in FG.

Still want them back tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom