• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
MyMusic is intimidating as hell. I actually gave up customizing every stage after Final Destination.
Fortunately, you can just select the song you want to play when you're picking a stage (press Y to open the music menu on the Stage Select screen, for people who don't know).

D

Deleted member

How the heck did they ruin it?
If hazards were an issue we wouldn't have gotten Great Plateau or New Donk City with stage gaps in the same game.

Sakurai made a decision to only have them cameo. It has nothing to do with stage legality, especially since Dracula's Castle isn't even a viable stage due to its shape and size.
We don’t know if that was Sakurai’s decission.

Maybe Nintendo forced him to not put the monsters as hazards.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wall has been playing occasionally under different names, but he says he's gonna focus on Ultimate now...

As for Raptor, eh....
Do you have a link to the tourney? I missed a Midwest tourney that Ned won, but it was yesterday/today obviously, so I'm bored.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly never understood why people dislike hazards.
I can provide some insight here.

A lot of people don't like hazards onstage because it adds an additional factor of randomness to the game.
Which if you're in to FFAs and "For Fun" games, shouldn't matter to you.
However, for people who want to play competitively, randomness is the one thing you don't want.
Any stage differences, whether it's hazards or the layout of the stage itself can be exploited to give an advantage far beyond that of just skill.

D

Deleted member

With all due respect, he didn't say anything rude. Just his point of view on the matter. Just like how you stated yours.
With all due respect, I was directly asked for my point of view on the subject.

He wasn't. And instead jumped in to counter my view like I'm wrong for thinking that.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We don’t know if that was Sakurai’s decission.

Maybe Nintendo forced him to not put the monsters as hazards.
Nintendo forced Sakurai to alter a third party stage?
Seems like too much of a hassle and nonsensical for a stage no one will use in competitive settings.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Dude. I was only asked why I was anti-Isabelle and I answered.

I don't need some debate on the way I feel and how I'm wrong. That's why I became so anti-Isabelle in the first place.
I'm just giving my $0.02 and what I thought pre-Isabelle reveal; I'm not saying you should feel bad for having an opinion.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guess who unlocked Incineroar?

ME.
Congrats!

With all due respect, I was directly asked for my point of view on the subject.

He wasn't. And instead jumped in to counter my view like I'm wrong for thinking that.
This is a forum. People are supposed to have conversations and jump into them, and chat it up.

D

Deleted member

Back.

What I miss? What we discussing currently? DLC as usual presumably?
I am fighting the huge anger, dissapointment and depression that a certain reveal gave me at the Game Awards.

It is hard, because it hurts too much for my soul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I haven't unlocked my Smash 4 mains yet (Robin, Bowser Jr.) but I unlocked Sheik and Snake and goddamn do they feel so nice. Can definitely see myself playing them again.

But the star of the game so far for me is Ridley. Goddamn is he everything I wanted and more. Everything about his moveset feels so fun and satisfying, and he thankfully doesn't feel too slow or unwieldy. I love my giant murderous space dragon.

Also the spacies are awesome in this game. Falco feels SO good with a useable down air and the slightly faster firing on his lasers.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I really want to see people go through WoL on Hard with no Spirits.

So it'll be roughly a month before some Japanese player uploads it to youtube.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Disregarding the online talk for a moment, it’s still pretty crazy to me that John Persona5 himself is in smash now. I’m still taking that fact in.
Wait I said that I left didn’t I? ****.
Uh, you didn’t see these posts.
ANYTHOUGHTSONIT?

D

Deleted member

I haven't unlocked my Smash 4 mains yet (Robin, Bowser Jr.) but I unlocked Sheik and Snake and goddamn do they feel so nice. Can definitely see myself playing them again.

But the star of the game so far for me is Ridley. Goddamn is he everything I wanted and more. Everything about his moveset feels so fun and satisfying, and he thankfully doesn't feel too slow or unwieldy. I love my giant murderous space dragon.

Also the spacies are awesome in this game. Falco feels SO good with a useable down air and the slightly faster firing on his lasers.
K.Rool is also good to use.

But Dark Samus’s charged up-smash feels weird, since it takes the opponent sometimes to the right instead of upwards.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really want to see people go through WoL on Hard with no Spirits.

So it'll be roughly a month before some Japanese player uploads it to youtube.
That'll be interesting to see.

You like Isabelle? Cool. You don't like Isabelle? That's cool as well.

Y'all ****ing bait by the end of the day.
What?

Dan

Smash Lord
Seriously though, what the hell?
I'm too used to the AI being stupid dumb ***** that walk into my smash attacks for a quick kill. Now they are comboing me and Jigglypuff even ****ed me up in 5 seconds somehow: she got my Kirby stuck near the Saffron City door, did a few tilts and aerials then used Rest to kill me. I was stunned.

I like the challenge but it was a shock.

MyMusic is intimidating as hell. I actually gave up customizing every stage after Final Destination.

I haven't touched online yet, but from what I hear they didn't beta test it all and the community are freaking out because we're still clueless as to what to look for and casuals are playing this game like crazy right now. Guess we'll see.

Enjoying Spirits and classic mode. Both are really fun!
Yep; you have to treat these battles like you're facing another human. You just can't spam F-smash or something, and if they start juggling you it's all over; there will be a finishing move. :p

There is some chorey joy to unlocking characters, and it's definitely more rewarding when stuff isn't easy. World of Light has been surprisingly fun for me as well; there is just enough uniqueness to each battle.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Damn, someone I'm subbed to posted a Smash Ultimate video and it got blocked within seconds of it being posted. Them Nintendo ninjas be on the prowl big-time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar, K Rool and Ridley are my babies.

I love Inkling and Isabelle too, but those guys hit hard.

Especially Incineroar, good god his attack power is incredible.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Seeing Mega Man's f-air kill is really nice. Gives it more purpose at later %s. I really ought to go to tourneys myself...

D

Deleted member

Incineroar, K Rool and Ridley are my babies.

I love Inkling and Isabelle too, but those guys hit hard.

Especially Incineroar, good god his attack power is incredible.
For me it is K.Rool, Kirby, Dark Samus and Cloud.

Incineroar is about timing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, that sure isn't healthy. :p
they're not physically ****ed up or anything lol
i'm just dumb while playing (which is why it's hard for me to go competitive). I both zone out and instinctively abuse my gamecube controller by pressing and flicking way too hard while playing

KMDP

Smash Legend
Guess who unlocked Incineroar?

ME.
I actually find Incineroar pretty scary to fight.

I need to learn how to fight against him (got quite a bit of practice dodging his Final Smash doing the Victini Spirit Battle, though :laugh:).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

If you have either Zelda and Daisy, you should be able to unlock your mains by completing their Classics.

Going the VS route will probably take longer (assuming you're actually playing the game and not just SDing), especially in Bowser Jr's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom