• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
hey y'all
i need your insider info

which character is the next obvious character
you guys know everything ahead of time right?
Not Edelgard

So as someone who never played Persona 5, can someone give me a brief TL;DR no spoilerinos of Joker?

I wanna go in without having to know nothing and call him "generic Male hentai protagonist with Persona flavor".
"Joker is a rebellious, mischievous Japanese youth with a strong sense of justice. He became the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, a group of seemingly ordinary highschool students with similar drives, after being put on probation for assault after saving a woman from a molester. The Phantom Thieves work in secret to reform society by changing the hearts of corrupt criminals by way of their Personas, manifestations of their personalities that assist them in battle. Joker's first and trademark Persona is Arsène of the Fool Arcana, who uses powerful darkness-based spells to attack."

TV Tropes is your friend.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Search: "Persona"
[This thread]
User: @Shishœ

If you're gonna accuse me of being a revisionist like the idiots who said Snake coming back, Ridley, Simon and Incineroar were easy to predict you should do some actual research first.
Literally all those posts are yours.

If you're trying to prove that Joker was predictable, this doesn't help you at all.

If you're trying to prove that YOU predicted Joker on the other hand, that's fine. Because you did.

But don't act like everybody thought it was obvious based off of only your posts on only this board.

That doesn't really prove anything.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Maybe Ryu Hayabusa does have a chance. At least he can translate well, but I do think Terry Bogard has a pretty okay chance too now.

Seems I'm split on DLC so far.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So as someone who never played Persona 5, can someone give me a brief TL;DR no spoilerinos of Joker?

I wanna go in without having to know nothing and call him "generic Male hentai protagonist with Persona flavor".
Hentai Protagonist by day
Phantom Thief by night.

Also he has a stand.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Maybe Ryu Hayabusa does have a chance. At least he can translate well., but I do think Terry Bogard has a pretty okay chance too now.
as far as i care, we are in the "they have a chance" timeline

i can't say that anyone doesn't without making a huge asinine assumption about it

D

Deleted member

What is needed to be a hentai protagonist?

Because i don’t see one when i look at Joker.

D

Deleted member

Now we're acting as if Joker was hard to predict?
If he was so easy to predict, why is it everyone (but you apparently) "never saw it coming"?

Honestly, after reading your posts on the matter, you're coming off as "it was obvious to me, so it should have been obvious to everyone else".

EDIT: Fixed to be more accurate to the meme.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unlocking characters though Classic Mode and Spirit hunting is the most fun way to unlock characters (WoL is a grind)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also, if you guys think Persona 5 is hentai, you need to go out of vanilla internet once in a while.
What is needed to be a hentai protagonist?
Generic hentai protagonists typically have the same kinda messy dark hairstyle and generic look. *shrug*
It's not that deep fellas

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Eh, I'm still going to question their sanity if they pick Moge-ko of all people.
Whomst?
ok so i haven't been here for a while but since joker has been revealed... SCREW YOU VERGEBEN! YOU SUCK! YOU DONT KNOW CRAP! YOU SMELL LIKE ROTTEN EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!
That's kinda immature, my guy.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Maybe I just really want to see content from SNK & Tecmo so badly.

Playable characters. Tecmo does have Fatal Frame rep as an AT, though.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love how I can shut down this post by saying "look up and tell me what's the white thing you see in the sky"
I don't see how The Moon being an Assist Trophy helps your case.

D

Deleted member

Not Edelgard

"Joker is a rebellious, mischievous Japanese youth with a strong sense of justice. He became the leader of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts, a group of seemingly ordinary highschool students with similar drives, after being put on probation for assault after saving a woman from a molester. The Phantom Thieves work in secret to reform society by changing the hearts of corrupt criminals by way of their Personas, manifestations of their personalities that assist them in battle. Joker's first and trademark Persona is Arsène of the Fool Arcana, who uses powerful darkness-based spells to attack."

TV Tropes is your friend.
So Hawkeye ****ed Robin Hood but anime.

Sounds good to me. :dazwa:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh yeah, does anybody have any confirmation on which online modes Miis can be used in?

They can at least be used right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I wouldn't have predicted Joker. If all the characters really are new franchises in general, then I'm rooting for Ryu Hayabusa. Dude's an icon and Ninjas have cool moves. He'd have some nice tracks too.

D

Deleted member

This isn't true
And you are lying.

I’ve been told many times stuff like:

“He’s unlikely”
“He got a new game too late”
“Activision shouldn’t be in Smash”
“I prefer Spyro”

And some more.

Status