• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How would you guys feel about getting a Resident Evil character? I know it’s another capcom character but what if?
It's technically Capcom's biggest franchise and would be worthy but I think they're going to pump the brakes on Capcom content. Three characters, three assist trophies, two stages, and a buttload of music and spirits. I think they're going to let Square and Namco try to catch up to it, Konami, and SEGA first before adding more from those three.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I unlocked Elite Smash.

After actually playing it, I got Pictochat. I got killed by the stage and now because I lost GSP I can't play Elite Smash any longer.

Absolutely horrendous.

D

Deleted member

I will showcase my Mii Costume characters (opinions are welcomed):

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

EDE3A7A7-5B70-4543-B434-7B5638F6A427.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, I have a little confession, to make...

I haven't actually played too much of Persona 5. I just haven't had the time, though, I have played through the two prior Persona games, and enjoyed them thoroughly. And, from what I have played, and seen, of Persona 5, Joker was definitely the best choice for a Persona rep they could have gone with. :)

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
So, should we still trust Verge and Hitagi now that their claim of a SE character being the first one revealed is false?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I unlocked Elite Smash.

After actually playing it, I got Pictochat. I got killed by the stage and now because I lost GSP I can't play Elite Smash any longer.

Absolutely horrendous.
Don't worry.

This is where they'll get their competitive data.

Because this will totally help balance the game.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So, should we still trust Verge and Hitagi now that their claim of a SE character being the first one revealed is false?
At this point I think it's fair to say that the info that even Verge has post base is shaky at best. I mean it's too the point they can't really even be positive about WHAT character just A character.

I still expect an SE rep though. It's Boshi's time to shine

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If it was the most reliable source that said they are done and I heard of that

There one leak that nailed joker

That one said

Square rep
Microsoft rep (banjo is the claim)
Edelgard
Sylux

And of coarse joker

D

Deleted member

I get you guys hate Verge and want him to be wrong.
If it was the most reliable source that said they are done and I heard of that

There one leak that nailed joker

That one said

Square rep
Microsoft rep (banjo is the claim)
Edelgard
Sylux

And of coarse joker
Now we're acting as if Joker was hard to predict?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That is a strange assortment.
The leak was made back in November well before December 6th

And they make sense except for joker of coarse

Banjo for ballot

Sylux to promote prime 4

Edelgard to promote FE three houses

Square rep for potential will let cloud back as base if one of are other reps is doc (but that theory is overkill though)

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
You can also get FFA on Rainbow Cruise in Elite Smash. Just discovered after getting back into Elite Smash after the last thing. I have preferred rules on.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I get you guys hate Verge and want him to be wrong.

Now we're acting as if Joker was hard to predict?
He was from a PlayStation-exclusive game in a mostly PlayStation-exclusive series in general, and the DLC was decided by corporate Nintendo who would seemingly would want to promote their own games.

Everyone who would say Joker was likely 48 hours ago would be shut down immediately.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
Everyone on that leak besides joker feels like stuff that every other leak has been regurgitating.

I don't believe it!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You can't just list "Joker, Banjo-Kazooie and Crono/Neku" then suddenly switch back to the mentality of "Nintendo will only do promo picks" and have 2 promo picks
Why not? Maybe they wanted to have a balance of fan-favorite third parties and promotional first parties.

I mean, look at the newcomers for Smash 4’s DLC:
- Ryu
- Cloud
- Bayonetta
- Corrin

That’s like 3 fan-favorites and 1 promotional character. Bayonetta could be argued as a promotional (even though her game came out over a year earlier), but even then it’s 50/50.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why not? Maybe they wanted to have a balance of fan-favorite third parties and promotional first parties.

I mean, look at the newcomers for Smash 4’s DLC:
- Ryu
- Cloud
- Bayonetta
- Corrin

That’s like 3 fan-favorites and 1 promotional character. Bayonetta could be argued as a promotional (even though her game came out over a year earlier), but even then it’s 50/50.
1. Not 2.

I mean...yea, I was exaggerating, you sure can do that if you want. I'd just be surprised with how much Nintendo is pushing the "big surprises you'll love" angle.

D

Deleted member

I made what Ultimate Alliance 3 couldn’t do.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Of course everyone saying Joker was easy to predict. This website does this all the time.

“K Rool won’t get in, irrelevant” *gets revealed* “I mean, he was an obvious choice”

“Ridley is too big” *gets revealed* “makes sense, things can change! Very obvious pick”

“Simon is not popular” *gets revealed* “oh of course it’s simon! He’s the head of the series! Duh! So obvious”

“Incineroar isn’t popular” *gets revealed* “incineroar is very popular, makes sense, don’t know why you gets are upset, easy to predict it was obvious!”

You guys are the definition of hypocrisy. Next time, just take the hit to your ego and let yourself be wrong.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
IGN's Reggie Interview pertaining to Sakurai and Joker. http://mobitechinfo.com/nintendo-says-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros/

"It’s emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it’s going to be tremendously exciting. "

"Does this imply a Persona 5 port?"
“You know, I can’t comment on that. Again, from our perspective, we’ve been clear. We want all the best content on our platform. All the best content, all the best developers. And so our job is to continue growing the install base for Nintendo Switch to drive engagement of our players, to grow the audience. As that happens, then developers see the opportunity.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course everyone saying Joker was easy to predict. This website does this all the time.

“K Rool won’t get in, irrelevant” *gets revealed* “I mean, he was an obvious choice”

“Ridley is too big” *gets revealed* “makes sense, things can change! Very obvious pick”

“Simon is not popular” *gets revealed* “oh of course it’s simon! He’s the head of the series! Duh! So obvious”

“Incineroar isn’t popular” *gets revealed* “incineroar is very popular, makes sense, don’t know why you gets are upset, easy to predict it was obvious!”

You guys are the definition of hypocrisy. Next time, just take the hit to your ego and let yourself be wrong.
At least the website was honest with Richter. Who seriously expected him playable?

I like Rondo of Blood and Simphony of the Night, but the Castlevania rep who most people expected or imagined was Simon Belmont most of the time.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Amen I notice that too my man

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
1. Not 2.

I mean...yea, I was exaggerating, you sure can do that if you want. I'd just be surprised with how much Nintendo is pushing the "big surprises you'll love" angle.
For the Metroid fans that aren’t super into a Smash speculation and look through the list of 1300 spirits to see who’s in and who’s not, Sylux would actually be a pretty nice surprise.

Edelgard though...not so much.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Okay, we get it, you hate Smashboards. Please stop complaining about it and move one.

Anyways, how is Smash Ultimate for everyone? I've been watching gameplay of it, and it looks extremely fun to play. In fact, dare I say I'm jelous of you guys.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Scorpion would be rad as hell but the tonal whiplash would be far too much for an E10+ game. We have some M-Rated games now but they're still campy enough to fit in without being distracting.

Scorpion in Smash would be like wearing a Cannibal Corpse T-shirt to a 7 year old's birthday party.
Just make him don't do gore things.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can point two characters who can easily kill it besides anybody not on the list

And that’s crash bandicoot or/and either scropion or sub-zero

D

Deleted member

...was Joker not hard to predict?
I think that leak's false, but no one predicted him seriously from what I saw.
I've been saying we should get an Atlus rep ever since the base game and I knew from the beginning it would be a Persona character. At that time though, I believed it would be Yu because Joker was literally impossible(game released in 2016 and PQ2 didn't even exist to qualify him for the project plan).
I believe I actually argued this with DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and I even said Joker was my preferred pick because Yu's design sucks.
Even if you don't believe he was easy to predict, leaks like to put popular characters to make people believe them(see: every ****ing leak people here believed over Verge) and Joker was a fan favorite and consistently talked about.
He was just perceived as "too good to be true" and you can see that with RelaxAlax and Alpharad, for example.

Like, Persona is Atlus's biggest franchise and it has been nothing but supportive of Nintendo consoles, do people really think they wouldn't get a character?
He was from a PlayStation-exclusive game in a mostly PlayStation-exclusive series in general, and the DLC was decided by corporate Nintendo who would seemingly would want to promote their own games.

Everyone who would say Joker was likely 48 hours ago would be shut down immediately.
I love how I can shut down this post by saying "look up and tell me what's the white thing you see in the sky"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom