• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Finally unlocked all characters in Ultimate! It was pain, but I did it.

Absoultely loving Ultimate. Best game ever made in history.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I made what Ultimate Alliance 3 couldn’t do.

No offense dude. I love you.

But. Please. Stop. It. Is. Still. Early. Days.

There. Is. No. Reason. To Leave. The. Fantastic Four. Out.

Marvel only was not using FF and X-Men in things to shun Fox. Now that Disney is all but the owner of Fox. Things are fine.

They'll be in the damn game. Calm down and chill, wait and be patient.

They wanted to showcase the Guardians obviously.

And that makes a lot of sense considering who the main bad guys are and you know the fact Guardians is one of the bigger Marvel franchises now thanks to the MCU.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
If it was the most reliable source that said they are done and I heard of that

There one leak that nailed joker

That one said

Square rep
Microsoft rep (banjo is the claim)
Edelgard
Sylux

And of coarse joker
If you want my thoughts on this, then I hope SE Rep is Crono or Slime, Banjo would be a nice pick, Edelgard could be unique because of her axe, and Sylux... I think 2 new metroid characters is enough, do we really need a third one?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Okay, we get it, you hate Smashboards. Please stop complaining about it and move one.

Anyways, how is Smash Ultimate for everyone? I've been watching gameplay of it, and it looks extremely fun to play. In fact, dare I say I'm jelous of you guys.
Don’t comment on my posts if you don’t like me. I get it. Every post I make you HAVE to comment on. LOL

The ironic thing is your so quick to judge and act like a saint, yet you’re the very first to judge and fight everyone. Nice try buddy, “thank ya so much for playin my game” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Reggie's Interview pertaining to Sakurai and Joker. http://mobitechinfo.com/nintendo-says-persona-5s-joker-is-emblematic-of-smash-bros/

"It’s emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it’s going to be tremendously exciting. "

"Does this imply a Persona 5 port?"
“You know, I can’t comment on that. Again, from our perspective, we’ve been clear. We want all the best content on our platform. All the best content, all the best developers. And so our job is to continue growing the install base for Nintendo Switch to drive engagement of our players, to grow the audience. As that happens, then developers see the opportunity.”
emblematic
Uh-oh.

I'm just joking I'm still taking the stance that there won't be a new FE character.

D

Deleted member

No offense dude. I love you.

But. Please. Stop. It. Is. Still. Early. Days.

There. Is. No. Reason. To Leave. The. Fantastic Four. Out.

Marvel only was not using FF and X-Men in things to shun Fox. Now that Disney is all but the owner of Fox. Things are fine.

They'll be in the damn game. Calm down and chill, wait and be patient.

They wanted to showcase the Guardians obviously.

And that makes a lot of sense considering who the main bad guys are and you know the fact Guardians is one of the bigger Marvel franchises now thanks to the MCU.
Fair enough then.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That rumor was made after the Spirits datamine, so I don't believe it at all. It's a Gardevoir/Gothielle level rumor.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I've been saying we should get an Atlus rep ever since the base game and I knew from the beginning it would be a Persona character. At that time though, I believed it would be Yu because Joker was literally impossible(game released in 2016 and PQ2 didn't even exist to qualify him for the project plan).
I believe I actually argued this with @tehponycorn and I even said Joker was my preferred pick because Yu's design sucks.
Even if you don't believe he was easy to predict, leaks like to put popular characters to make people believe them(see: every ****ing leak people here believed over Verge) and Joker was a fan favorite and consistently talked about.
He was just perceived as "too good to be true" and you can see that with RelaxAlax and Alpharad, for example.

Like, Persona is Atlus's biggest franchise and it has been nothing but supportive of Nintendo consoles, do people really think they wouldn't get a character?

I love how I can shut down this post by saying "look up and tell me what's the white thing you see in the sky"
Honestly I...totally disagree. But I get what you're saying Shi. Thank you for explaining.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Eh? Which word?
he accidently put the wrong word for JPN for Japanese pf
Of course everyone saying Joker was easy to predict. This website does this all the time.

“K Rool won’t get in, irrelevant” *gets revealed* “I mean, he was an obvious choice”

“Ridley is too big” *gets revealed* “makes sense, things can change! Very obvious pick”

“Simon is not popular” *gets revealed* “oh of course it’s simon! He’s the head of the series! Duh! So obvious”

“Incineroar isn’t popular” *gets revealed* “incineroar is very popular, makes sense, don’t know why you gets are upset, easy to predict it was obvious!”

You guys are the definition of hypocrisy. Next time, just take the hit to your ego and let yourself be wrong.
They cant take Ls, Ls make them sick

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How would you guys feel about getting a Resident Evil character? I know it’s another capcom character but what if?
I'd feel similar to my feelings about Joker, not a fan of the source material due to never trying it but would easily see being fun. Plus, Resident Evil is the last franchise that fits with the fanmade rules of "Third parties have to be significant to Nintendo and mega successful"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd feel similar to my feelings about Joker, not a fan of the source material due to never trying it but would easily see being fun. Plus, Resident Evil is the last franchise that fits with the fanmade rules of "Third parties have to be significant to Nintendo and mega successful"
Well, there's also Monster Hunter and Ninja Gaiden.

Though, if "new to the series" is to be taken explictly literally, monhun might be out.

D

Deleted member

Search: "Persona"
[This thread]
User: @Shishœ
Back in Smash 4 I would have laughed at the possibility of a Persona character but now I think it's just a matter of time. Yu Narukami has been on Nintendo consoles so he's much of a fair game as Cloud. And the fact Atlus still doesn't have a character despite their good relation with Nintendo puzzles me.
I personally think SMT should be the one to get a fighter from Atlus(if we're being realistic here, otherwise just give my little blonde *****) but none of them are as recognizable as the Persona protagonists which really puts them in a Cloud situation.
September: Either our new Pokemon or Isabelle
October: Skull Kid I'm gonna bet
November: mother****ing persona
Unpopular opinion: a Persona character has more chances than what people give them credit.
Atlus still has nothing despite their close relationship with Nintendo and Persona is their most popular series.
Back in Smash 4, I wouldn't have considered it a possibility due to the main seried disappearing from Nintendo consoles but with Cloud, that's a non-issue.
Personally, I think Yu Narukami is the most likely out of all of them simply due to his popularity. Stands Personas also lemd themselves to a very interesting moveset that just writes itself so I can see Sakurai seeing the potential in that.
@ Yu vs. Joker
Yu is way more popular than Joker and the latter has yet to appear in a Nintendo console(PQ2 has yet to be released) while the latter jas had Persona Q for a time to qualify him(and BBCTB now). But, like, Persona 4 is the FF7 of the series, it has been milked to hell since it's the most popular one, I don't think Sakurai would choose Joker even if he is more stylish.
Oh wait, I forgot to add Yu Narukami to my predictions. I really think we'll see a Persona rep on this game and their moveset potential is just too good to pass up. No, and not Joker, he hasn't appeared in a Nintendo console yet.
I'm not a Persona fan so I'm just speculating from what I see from the outside but Joker was definitely not a consideration back when the roster was decided as his game wasn't even out and there were no signs of him appearing on Nintendo. At least ONE appearance would be enough but he didn't have that yet unlike Yu who was the face of the series back then(and still is to many, see BlazBlue CrossTag).
And I don't see Joker as becoming the face of the series, it seems more like a rotating thing, they milked P4 as much as they could so now it's P5's turn.

Not that I wouldn't mind Joker though, he's much more stylish, that's for sure.
Persona is cool either way even if I want my niche Atlus series first because it's the closest we'll get to a Stand user in Smash.
Newcomers I could see happening tomorrow that aren't what Smashboards wants:
-Steve
-Sans from Undertale
-Dante
-Persona
-Three Sonic characters
-Even a hint of Fire Emblem
-Incineroar
-Boruto's Dad
Of course everyone saying Joker was easy to predict. This website does this all the time.

“K Rool won’t get in, irrelevant” *gets revealed* “I mean, he was an obvious choice”

“Ridley is too big” *gets revealed* “makes sense, things can change! Very obvious pick”

“Simon is not popular” *gets revealed* “oh of course it’s simon! He’s the head of the series! Duh! So obvious”

“Incineroar isn’t popular” *gets revealed* “incineroar is very popular, makes sense, don’t know why you gets are upset, easy to predict it was obvious!”

You guys are the definition of hypocrisy. Next time, just take the hit to your ego and let yourself be wrong.
If you're gonna accuse me of being a revisionist like the idiots who said Snake coming back, Ridley, Simon and Incineroar were easy to predict you should do some actual research first.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ive been doubleposting like a ************ today lol

But I need some advise. How do I treat my anxiety from playing smash online? I shake when I get into a battle online and stuff. Anything I can do to fight that?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
hey y'all
i need your insider info

which character is the next obvious character
you guys know everything ahead of time right?

D

Deleted member

hey y'all
i need your insider info

Sure.

The next character is Fake Crash with a Crash Bandicoot echoe fighter who is free.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Okay, we get it, you hate Smashboards. Please stop complaining about it and move one.

Anyways, how is Smash Ultimate for everyone? I've been watching gameplay of it, and it looks extremely fun to play. In fact, dare I say I'm jelous of you guys.
As someone who's been playing Smash since 64, the game is outstanding. IMO an easy 9/10. Couldn't be happier.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh right, Ninja Gaiden, I always forget that exists. And Monster Hunter is a newer franchise so it wouldn't count according to fan rules lol.
Isn't Monster Hunter like fourteen years old?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
hey y'all
i need your insider info

The next character is Waluigi's left testicle, it's gimmick is that it needs to collect more body parts to get stronger, it's final Smash is summoning Waluigi who's Jubileus sized and he does a Black Bolt tier Waa

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I love how I can shut down this post by saying "look up and tell me what's the white thing you see in the sky"
Right, a character who caught everyone off guard and was considered impossible before his announcement.

Nevertheless, I actually thought of the example of Cloud, and put in specific words to show that this is not the same scenario.

He was from a PlayStation-exclusive game in a mostly PlayStation-exclusive series in general,
Cloud represents Final Fantasy, a series with a long and important history on Nintendo. It just happens that the face of the franchise is from a PS1 game.

And you’re not going to tell me that Joker, no matter how cool he is, is as iconic and important as Cloud ****ing Strife.

and the DLC was decided by corporate Nintendo who would seemingly would want to promote their own games.
The DLC last game wasn’t decided by corporate Nintendo (even Corrin, the promotional character, wasn’t), and we already had Ryu as the sole newcomer at the time, showing they wouldn’t be restricting themselves to first parties.

None of even matters really. Everyone was here two days ago. Everyone that frequented this thread knows that Joker was almost NEVER brought up, even outside the Vergeben and “Nintendo will only pick promos” discussions.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized in all my matches I've yet to see Knuckles or Bomberman show up in the assist trophies.

Isaac too actually.

D

Deleted member

So as someone who never played Persona 5, can someone give me a brief TL;DR no spoilerinos of Joker?

I wanna go in without having to know nothing and call him "generic Male hentai protagonist with Persona flavor".

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So as someone who never played Persona 5, can someone give me a brief TL;DR no spoilerinos of Joker?

I wanna go in without having to know nothing and call him "generic Male hentai protagonist with Persona flavor".
Male hentai protagonist with a stand

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, I've been hearing stuff about this "Mario" guy...
bull****, that's too obvious and therefore won't be dlc

jokes aside, the best way to guess the characters is try putting logic to it, come up with a character, and throw that character in the bin because it'll be someone else more surprising than what you're guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom