• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I am angry about Ultimate Alliance 3, doh.

Everything else was fine.
Oh I didn't want to say much about the game.. I thought fans liked it XD Glad to know I'm not alone..
I was like "Alliance!? Did people really liked those games!!? They were so boring.. this is weird. And is that what Square is really capable of!? Huh, what a let down"
Yeah so I totally agree.. oh well, you got a new Crash :)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I’m interested to see how the rest of the DLC goes. Definitely unexpected, I’ll give that.

Also off topic: AVENGERS 4 TRAILER JUST DROPPED!!!!

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Ultimate has been acquired! Don Flamenco is my first spirit. I believe he was the first spirit for Sakurai, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Time to play a little before school. :3

D

Deleted member

No, it's called opinion and personal tastes.
Maybe so, but its pretty much the hallmark of both those series gameplay and has been for a long time now. I'm curious as to why you thought it may be different. All platformers and RPGS in general are like that. There's still plenty of genres left (Shooters, Sports titles, Simulations, Horror/Survival), but few (if any) are actually on Nintendo, so with one 1 game not being enough for you to buy the system, why would you be here to begin with?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hehe

A character more unexpected that piranha plant this is funny

Since joker kills god I wonder if that means galeem or darkhan will be his classic mode boss

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Good morning guys!

Today is the day!

Joker announcement was ****ing incredible. Not fan of persona 5 (I have never played it) but was a plot twist when I was watching the G.Awards!!!

Now we have to think outside the box to predict the future dlc characters.....

this increase the chances of Doomguy <3

D

Deleted member

I wonder what the stage that comes with Joker will be.
OMG I forgot they each come with stages!! I didn't think of that!

What stage will come with Joker? Probably a Palace of some sort, but will it just be Mementos or will it vary between the different Palaces you visit? Man...if Piranha Plant is virtually finished but doesnt release till February, I can't imagine when Joker will be ready.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I swear to God. We better not get some ****ty DLC placeholder guidance.

I want a Palutena x Phantom Thieves guidance

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I swear to God. We better not get some ****ty DLC placeholder guidance.

I want a Palutena x Phantom Thieves guidance
If I racall,this time the DLC was planned from start unlike SSB4, I hope we get new guidances for the DLC chars.

We will see

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Anyone noticed that the mainline Persona games are only on Sony/Playstation? Only Persona game that's for Nintendo is Persona Q, but it's more of a spinoff than the actual/main game.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I got like 2 hours of sleep give or take because I stayed up playing smash last night, good decisions

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyone noticed that the mainline Persona games are only on Sony/Playstation? Only Persona game that's for Nintendo is Persona Q, but it's more of a spinoff than the actual/main game.
Yep. Heck, Joker's Nintendo history is a bit more than a week. It's crazy.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Wll Joker's in and he wasn't a spirit, i feel like spirits disconfirms characters while at the same moment i feel like it doesn't.
Someone help my sanity and end my suffering DO SPIRITS DISCONFIRMS CHARACTERS AHHHHHHHH

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I remember when everyone was all doom and gloom about Nintendo choosing the DLC, and they were wary about buying the pass because of it.
Good times. If they were that open about adding Joker, I'm felling pretty good about Banjo.
Also a close friend of mine is flipping her **** and it makes me happy to see so much joy
And now it's all doom and gloom about "irrelevant shock value pick 3rd parties" instead!
So, Smash is now a better SMT X FE than Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
Shhh don't want to bring the SMT fans out complaining about Persona snubbing them
https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL

>Sega retweets in excitement about Joker in smash
>Retweet nothing about bayonetta smash appearance, not even the countdown image

Bayo truly is a faux sega character....
TBF her games do worst in that region; heck, the original release of 1 exclusively had English VO.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if all the DLC characters are from Japanese IPs. I mean, think about it: all the playable characters in Smash are all from Japanese IPs, so I don't think characters like Doom Guy and Crash are all that likely, since they're from Western IPs. And yeah, I know we have Diddy King, K Rool, and Dark Samus, but they're still from Japanese IPs (the Metroid and Donkey Kong series). So until we see a western series get a playable DLC character, I'm going to believe that all the DLC characters will be from Japanese series

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hehe

A character more unexpected that piranha plant this is funny

Since joker kills god I wonder if that means galeem or darkhan will be his classic mode boss
Speaking of Piranha Plant.

There's a Petey Piranha Spirit in the game (I should know, I have it, it's a Mario Strikers one)

Petey Piranha is Piranha Plant's Final Smash, possibly even part of the reason why they made it playable in the first place.

I really don't think Spirits disconfirm characters.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking (read:hoping) that since Nintendo is doing the DLC picks, there's a higher chance P5 will actually end up on the Switch. After all, the only other times we had the "not on Nintendo" dillema with Snake and Cloud, they were both expressly Sakurai picks. Of course Atlas could've also just offered Joker as the only possible rep, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom