• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Question for the people who are already playing...

Do you like the unlocking concept? I mostly read negative things about it online, but I actually really like it.
Unlocked 6 fighters so far, 3 through Spirit mode (Sheik, Jigglypuff, Peach), one through Classic with Ness (Zelda) and 2 by exiting the Adventure Mode (Ness, Bowser).
I think it's great, that there isn't just one predertermined way to get them, but many different possibilities, feels very rewarding.
I haven't done much in WoL yet, but so far I've unlocked 24 characters, mostly through Classic and Smash (I unlocked Sheik through WoL during the short time I spent playing it).

My unlock order so far: :ultsonic::ultvillager::ultbayonetta::ultzelda::ultpit::ultkrool::ultbowser::ultness::ultinkling::ultmarth::ultyounglink::ultwiifittrainer::ulticeclimbers::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultfalco::ultryu::ultsheik::ultike::ultrichter::ultjigglypuff::ultsimon::ultzss::ultlittlemac:

Yes, I unlocked Richter before Simon.

To answer your actual question, yes, I'm enjoying the experience.
Especially in Adventure Mode I like that I'm challenged to fight with characters I wouldn't normally use, my breakout star so far is surprisingly :ultyoshi:
Zinith Zinith will certainly be happy.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

What other Smash characters were in Joker's trailer?
Mario, Link, Fox, Donkey Kong, Samus and Kirby.

Not from Earthbound, but it's nice that we got another psychic character, btw.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DUDE HOLY ****
WAS NOT EXPECTING JOKER

Last edited by a moderator:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
@JDCabrera
Congratulations on Crash Team Racing. Who would've guessed, huh? We were just talking about it yesterday XD
Well, who knows, your wish might extend even further :)

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera
Congratulations on Crash Team Racing. Who would've guessed, huh? We were just talking about it yesterday XD
Well, who knows, your wish might extend even further :)
I am angry about Ultimate Alliance 3, doh.

Everything else was fine.

osby

Smash Obsessed
inb4, the stage is Velvet Room and it's locked to play Hymn of the Soul 100% of the time.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
YOU'LL NEEEEEEEEEEEVER SEEEEEEEEEEEE IT COOOOOOOOOOMING!!

In other thread: Goodmorning. I heard from the notorious troll(?) Cybersai, on Gamefaqs.....that this forum is exploding with rage and a lot of anger over Joker being included in Smash over other characters. Did I fall for him, or is he just bluffing?

osby

Smash Obsessed
YOU'LL NEEEEEEEEEEEVER SEEEEEEEEEEEE IT COOOOOOOOOOMING!!

In other thread: Goodmorning. I heard from the notorious troll(?) Cybersai, on Gamefaqs.....that this forum is exploding with rage and a lot of anger over Joker being included in Smash over other characters. Did I fall for him, or is he just bluffing?
Nope, we are cool.

AaaaaaAAAAaaaaaaaaa
Each time a fighter gets knocked out, fighting stops and:

"Thou hast fallen and lost thy life, unbeknowst to thee the name of the thief. Thou hast lost thy wager and becomest but a cog to the strong. So thy rehabilitation endeth incomplete, and thy baseless indignity shall become reality..."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... Is a January or February Direct looking more likely now?
I'm not sure, I'm willing to bet March earliest for Joker. Still though, freaking Joker from Persona 5 is in. Nutty timeline.

That's a lot of brain matter on the ceiling here. Anyone got a mop and a stool?

D

Deleted member

Alright if I don’t get another notification about my order’s whereabouts, I’m getting Ultimate myself.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
As for me. Nah i don't like the unlocking concept it is far too slow for my tastes.
Preferred the brawl way the best tbh

D

Deleted member

Got a text about an hour after going to bed to say Joker made it in. I always liked the idea of him making it in, but I thought it was a pipe dream. This is incredible!
I'm sorry Incineroar....K. Rool....I think Joker is my main, now.

Also, while Im on it, Persona 5 missed a good opportunity to make one of the Palaces a Palace lol. Still loved each level though;
I think the Cruise Ship might have actually been my favorite.

EDIT: Ah, almost didn't notice...We're OVER 9000! *Crushes Scouter*

Last edited by a moderator:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr
Also wanted to mention that I feel your opinion about how Odyssey was unsatisfying in the collecting area, moons are almost unlimited btw (above 2k), so yeah what you said is true. But generally, the game was good, the more you play into it the better it gets. Towards the end, it really shines. You might want to give it a try ;) You can skip collecting moons btw, just collect what's needed. That's a way to play it too :)

BotW, yes, it was empty or too short on the story, that's true. However, and since I haven't played much of open world games. It was a fresh take. Surely needs more improving but it was fun.. I wasn't into the story but more into exploring the world, probably that what made me enjoy the game. I hope you do if you ever decided. I haven't downloaded and extras btw. I had enough when I was done with the game X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom