• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
I really hope we get some new Snake CODECs!!

Also come on anyone else think Crash's chances are really good?
With CTR on Switch, I'm REALLY hopeful

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Too late, I already had to block two people on Tumbrl because of that
Just glad I haven't seen much of that here or the other forum I frequent that isn't gamefaqs (which even then has taken it slightly better than I anticipated-- still topics like "go to hell Nintendo", "DLC confirmed shill picks", etc, but a lot of people are genuinely excited.

As for me, I'm just feeling very vindicated.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm thinking (read:hoping) that since Nintendo is doing the DLC picks, there's a higher chance P5 will actually end up on the Switch. After all, the only other times we had the "not on Nintendo" dillema with Snake and Cloud, they were both expressly Sakurai picks. Of course Atlas could've also just offered Joker as the only possible rep, so there's that.
I think Snake was a Kojima pick.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
I’m trying to unlock all the characters but I keep losing to them! I need to practice, I haven’t played Smash 4 for like a year.

D

Deleted member

About Joker. To be honest? I'm not happy. I'm not angry either. I'm just the tiniest, tiniest bit sad, but more than anything, I'm surprised and confused.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's just that... well, he's like Snake, Simon, and Bayo for me. He's an awesome third party, yeah, but... he just doesn't appeal to me.
Wait... is it because he's from an M rated franchise like the 3 other characters you mentioned, or is that just a funny coincidence?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Atleast I can say Sega has 3 playable characters in Smash Ultimate...well...soon they will

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think this is the jump the shark character for me. Joker just left me feeling hollow.

He's not a big huge mascot AND has basically little to do with Nintendo. This just feels like Nintendo getting a new company's favour.

Say what you will about their shaky Nintendo connections; Cloud and Snake were at least massive successful icons of video games. Joker feels token.
"Oh, we released a spinoff game with him in last week in Japan on the 3DS"
Well okay then.

Goku and Sans don't seem so stupid anymore all of a sudden.

But hey, DLC is optional at least.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Hey, y'all. Hope everyone is enjoying the game. I certainly am. It's all I've wanted and more.

But with that said, it sure seems like Dedede's Challenger Approaching! fight to unlock him has some seriously high AI. I have spent at least 20 tries trying to take this fat penguin down. Anyone else having trouble dealing with him?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is clearing Classic on 9.9 the hardest challenge? Because I've already hit 9.8 twice just running through the mode tryna unlock characters...

It's no beat boss battles on intense or anything...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With 3 unique characters, Sega's living big.
This makes up for the lack of playable Shadow, even though that could end up meaning every new Sega character will be from a different series

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I think this is the jump the shark character for me. Joker just left me feeling hollow.

He's not a big huge mascot AND has basically little to do with Nintendo. This just feels like Nintendo getting a new company's favour.

Say what you will about their shaky Nintendo connections; Cloud and Snake were at least massive successful icons of video games. Joker feels token.
Well okay then.

Smash isn't solely a celebration of Nintendo, it's a celebration of video games as a whole...

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
i've decided to make a new prediction fighter pass, this will probably be the last one i'll ever do.

1. Joker (Persona 5)
2. Slime (Dragon Quest)
3. Daemon X Machina Rep
4. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club)
5. Crash Bandicoot

and regarding why Ayumi is in there...

I have a feeling that Ayumi might still be in the running, I have a theory that if a DLC character that already has a spirit, then they will be given a new fighter spirit with different artwork to that of the original spirit. For example the Ayumi fighter spirit will be called Ayumi Tachibana (Fighter) and use this piece of artwork.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I found this:
XD
I dont know why, but I find it hilarious.

Quick question...or a Poll, rather...for those of you who had played Persona 5 (and since we know little beyond Joker's Inclusion).
Would you rather his Final Smash be:
A) The typical Hold-up, All Out Attack (showing off the outlines of all the protagonists)
B) A FS where Joker uses Satanael

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Watching people do World of Light... yeah I think I will just run through Classic mode in order to get the roster. I'll go through WoL later.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Great now I might guess

The other 4 is 2 from Namco and 2 from square

Explanation

Konami has 3 characters

Capcom has 3 characters

And now Sega has 3 characters

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait joker is from Sega?
He's from ATLUS, which is owned by SEGA. So, yes, SEGA technically has three characters in Smash now.

I dont know why, but I find it hilarious.

Quick question...or a Poll, rather...for those of you who had played Persona 5 (and since we know little beyond Joker's Inclusion).
Would you rather his Final Smash be:
A) The typical Hold-up, All Out Attack (showing off the outlines of all the protagonists)
B) A FS where Joker uses Satanael
I feel like an All-Out Attack would be more interesting than Sinful Shell.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
i've decided to make a new prediction fighter pass, this will probably be the last one i'll ever do.

1. Joker (Persona 5)
2. Slime (Dragon Quest)
3. Daemon X Machina Rep
4. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club)
5. Crash Bandicoot

and regarding why Ayumi is in there...

I have a feeling that Ayumi might still be in the running, I have a theory that if a DLC character that already has a spirit, then they will be given a new fighter spirit with different artwork to that of the original spirit. For example the Ayumi fighter spirit will be called Ayumi Tachibana (Fighter) and use this piece of artwork.

That's a pretty cool theory! :)

But, as much as I want her, unfortunately, I just don't think she has the best chances...

D

Deleted member

Aight y'all I'm gonna make a serious bet

If there is a character revealed at VGA 2018 AND it's somebody on my sig then I will search up fanart of Isabelle on deviantart, find the most degenerate yet SFW pic there, and use it as my avatar for 2 weeks. I will also put that purple dog from Littlest Pet Shop on my sig in the "realistic wants" section and support her for a month. Yep, a month.

It's SUPER unlikely that I'm right so I feel comfortable making this bet.
nvm I didn't see the "in your sig" part
But SlickWylde SlickWylde still has to change his stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well okay then.

It's 2018 and people still think Smash is purely Nintendo all-stars

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

Well okay then.

Nintendo getting a new company's favor? What exactly do you mean by new? Because Atlus has been around since the 80's, and they've always had a good relationship with Nintendo

D

Deleted member

DLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

(im not that hyped for him, but we got an ANIME rep! kinda)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Smash isn't solely a celebration of Nintendo, it's a celebration of video games as a whole...
Then give me industry and game changing characters: Your Lara Crofts, Your Jill Valentines or Chris Redfields, heck even Steve is actually a game and genre defining mascot. I'm not sure Joker is.

Nintendo getting a new company's favor? What exactly do you mean by new? Because Atlus has been around since the 80's, and they've always had a good relationship with Nintendo
I meant a new company within Smash, although since they're under Sega's banner I guess not.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
How would you react if the last DLC character we get is from an upcoming project that Sakurai is working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom