• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Was hoping for Banjo or Crash but wow, that was really unexpected...in a good way.

I’m happy for all the Persona fans!

Guess this means all the insiders and leakers including Verge are total loads of BS now.

This totally takes DLC speculation to another level, Nintendo really wowed us since we were expecting SE/Steve/Namco/Nintendo promo/whatever.

I’m excited for where this goes I feel 3rd Parties like Banjo, and Sora’s chances have skyrocketed now!

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
And good cuz these cats were getting fat on their high horses.

No one knows anything, now let's find that one 4chan post under all the garbage that called it.
Mathematically speaking there had to have been at least one person who guessed Joker got in even though their leak was probably fake, and they just got lucky. One right thing does not equal credibility I know you're just memeing but please don't get the crazies started man lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I kinda missed what Reggie said, did he say it's gonna be unrepped series only?
Actually I was wrong, he said this.
Reggie didn't actually say this.

"Everyone's in smash. So we've said that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest crossover in gaming history, may I say the biggest crossover in entertaining. And so yes. So this gives the flavor as to how we're approaching DLCThese are going to be characters that are new to the series such as Joker from Persona 5, characters that you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."- Reggie

This was his quote.
But it sounds like they're going to be newer characters, Luminary is probably the DQ rep.

Untouch

Smash Master
Actually rereading what Reggie said, it just seems like he says they're all new characters instead of Veterans, he just worded it really poorly.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Nice. I keep getting an "Unable to communicate with server." when I try to launch Smash.
Nintendo
Nintendo we're paying for online now

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So Joker was just announced, Vergeben and all the leaks were wrong. I don't know anything about Persona except the music so I hope Atlus don't act like Square.

Also I'm leaving to pick up the game right now!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Joker is sort of like a Stand User from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

If that stand user could freely change what Stand they had and had both a Sword and a Gun (neither of which are magic).

In all likelihood, he'll use Arsene, his basic Persona, along with some SMT mainstays like Jack Frost. I imagine he'll be a stance changer, where he changes the element of his specials by switching Personas. Something like that.
Speak to me in human form. Not Persona fan my friend. Lol.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Looks like we not only have our first Atlus character but also another Sega character as well.

Pretty nifty; guess we won't see any other Sega characters in the meantime... sorry Tails. :troll:

Pakky

Smash Hero
The following insider claims just got blown the **** out:
  • No characters past 2014 being planned
  • Sephiroth being an option on the SE list
    • Geno and Sephiroth making it to serious negotiations (Could be true if they went with Geno and Sephiroth got passed up)
Also most DLC picks just got blown out too. Can we get an F for fans of all the characters that just got absolutely blown the **** out by Reggie?

Is Geno a Mario character?
You know what I wanted some cats from Nintendo franchises in smash but... **** it brush this is hot.

I can't be mad, Agumon, Crash, Spyro all that **** is possible and like I was thinking MULTIPLE PACKS ARE COMING CUZ WHY WOULDN'T YOU?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well, that guy who I don't know is truly a surprise, everything is possible now.( I can smell Banjo and Kazooie.) Congrats to his fans, a strange choice.
And what is that 'only new series thing"? Something afficial?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's on the PS3 too if you have one of those lying around.
I...... actually have one... but havent been on the mood of turning it on (the ps3) it and next year i may move on with a roomate that have a ps4.. so i was thinking maybe waiting for the next year

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Congrats to all the Persona fans out there! I never saw it coming, but Joker's a pretty cool pick for DLC. I'm very interested to see how he turns out.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So. Uh.

My digital copy isn't letting me play it yet.

The ****.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'ma go ahead and give the hot take of RIP Elma, Bandanna, Geno, and all you represented franchises picks.

Here comes Sora, Steve, and Sponge-Bob

D

Deleted member

NEVERMIND WE ARE IN HERE, ALL I DID WAS **** WITH THE SWITCH INTERNAL CLOCK LMAO

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So get this. I log on to this site just to see what everyone was talking about, see the poll updated and I'm like "wait, this is speculation stuff right?" Then I see the comments, check YouTube and see it. Wow. Literally no one saw that coming.

And despite never playing his game (although I've been really interested in it) this is still more exciting than the final direct. I'm glad no one leaked this, as it means that literally anyone could be the next character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looks like we not only have our first Atlus character but also another Sega character as well.

Pretty nifty; guess we won't see any other Sega characters in the meantime... sorry Tails. :troll:
Three unique SEGA characters, huh? I can live with that.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Was hoping for Banjo or Crash but wow, that was really unexpected...in a good way.

I’m happy for all the Persona fans!

Guess this means all the insiders and leakers including Verge are total loads of BS now.

This totally takes DLC speculation to another level, Nintendo really wowed us since we were expecting SE/Steve/Namco/Nintendo promo/whatever.

I’m excited for where this goes I feel 3rd Parties like Banjo, and Sora’s chances have skyrocketed now!
Why the **** was anyone even taking them seriously for this DLC **** anyway? They literally told us that Nintendo is leak baiting hard as **** for this game. That means regarding DLC was speculation from the start. Especially that whole Verge "leak list" the fact that it was a ****ing list to begin with should have sent red flags blaring for everyone. How the **** do you claim to know a specific character edition but you can't narrow down to one specific person? It doesn't add up but hey man people keep taking these leaks seriously when it's obvious no one knows a damn thing outside of Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom