• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Just wanna say, the "there's too much animuh!1!11!!!!" crowd will have a field day with this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey.

Do you guys all remember when 3 or 4 were talking about Joker in smash what? 5000 or 6000 pages ago?

Do you remember how it was the chilliest talk ever until people told us it would never happens?

I do remember.

I dunno if you do DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon but I do.

And I'm happy it's happening
I admit, I thought it would never happen. It wasn't out of malice, I just didn't see it happening at all. I'm so glad I was wrong.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Well, DLC just got a bit more interesting. I'm both excited and very, very nervous.

Congrats to the Persona fans! I don't have any connection to the character, but it is nice to see something that hasn't been speculated to death.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I wasn't even expecting any new DLC character announcements until Piranha Plant was released, so Joker's reveal really caught me off guard. I'm so glad Smash was around to save the mediocre VGAs.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"I didn't see it coming"

Know what I saw coming? People thinking they would be the first to come up with that.

D

Deleted member

You know what's next guys.

We have Joker from Persona 5, not on a Nintendo console, in Smash Ultimate.
Cloud and Snake, primarily Sony icons, are in Smash Ultimate.

There's. One. More. Left.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So... There is still hope at least one DLC character will be first party right? :sadeyes:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey.

Do you guys all remember when 3 or 4 were talking about Joker in smash what? 5000 or 6000 pages ago?

Do you remember how it was the chilliest talk ever until people told us it would never happens?

I do remember.

I dunno if you do DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon but I do.

And I'm happy it's happening
Oh I remember.

"It's not on Nintendo systems! We'll get Flynn or Jack Frost instead!"
"Another Sonic or Puyo Puyo rep makes more sense!"
"Yu Narukami is more popular!"

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

At this point all I need is Sora and even then I could care less about who the SE rep is (assuming we even get one) because I GOT JOKER

Potato_

Smash Lord
With news about no characters from series already represented it's kind of a bummer, since 4/5 of my DLC wishes were from represented series.

But like, we got Joker. That's already good enough, insane enough. I don't care anymore.

4/5 could be Chain Chomps now and I'd be okay.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Nintendo gave a middle finger to the grinch in November, and now they literally **** on every leaker in December. Nintendo has no chill. #PlumberLife

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, give me the rundown on Persona, Joker, and why it's such a big deal hes in?
He's from a very recent hit game that no one thought had a chance due to Persona's close ties to Playstation Home consoles.
Also people like him. A lot.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
  1. Will nod in approval of:
    Dixie, Sylux, Rayman, Doom Guy, Crash, Geno
  2. Will be immediately excited for:
    Jin Kazama/Heihachi, Sora, Elma
  3. Will explode with joy for:
    Rex/Pyra, Ray 01
  4. Will cry for:
    Banjo, Erdrick, Agumon, Joker
Well, that's it for me. My highest tier has been met with just this announcement alone. I won't ask for anything ever again.

We hoped for a miracle and it came. I had an enormous gut feeling that this was happening. Absolutely no proof or indication that it was possible, but just a mere strong feeling. It told me to be confident, that it was coming for sure, and surely enough it did. Words cannot express how happy I am that this is reality. Robertman2 Robertman2 Idon Idon We made it.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So, give me the rundown on Persona, Joker, and why it's such a big deal hes in?
Simply speaking unexpected as hell. 3rd party, ZERO history or relevance to nintendo, very popular in Japan (idk if he's that big in the west)

People love P5 though, it is highly praised

I've seen people that hate JRPGs that love P5

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, people can finally calm down about Nintendo picking the DLC, now that we got a sample of what we are getting.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As soon as I saw him.

I knew.

I knew that a few of you were losing your damn minds.

That's how I felt with Bayonetta.

Congrats to you guys.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I just remembered: I made a post a few days ago talking about how awesome it would be to have Persona in Smash because Persona Q has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a videogame. Anybody remember me saying that? I hope now we can get some Persona Q music in!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Okay, game time, people.
How is Verge gonna respond to accusations of being wrong?
A. Delete his GameFAQs account
B. Say Steve is coming later down the line
C. Say he was lied to by his "inside sources"
D. Admit he was lying and everything up to this point has been a lucky guess

Untouch

Smash Master
Oh I remember.

"It's not on Nintendo systems! We'll get Flynn or Jack Frost instead!"
"Another Sonic or Puyo Puyo rep makes more sense!"
"Yu Narukami is more popular!"

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

At this point all I need is Sora and even then I could care less about who the SE rep is (assuming we even get one) because I GOT JOKER
That first point isn't even true, Joker is in Q2.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Remember when people thought the DLC lineup would be Piranha Plant quality in terms of popularity?

...I'll leave you to decide if that's still the case or not.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
LITERALLY JUST WOKE UP LIKE 10 MINUTES AGO I DIDN'T MEAN TO PASS OUT DURING THE GAME AWARDS

NOW I WAKE UP TO JOKER IN SMASH?! HOLY **** YES!

Full congrats to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon !

Now I'd also like a Persona 5 Switch port too pls.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not sure how I feel about this Joker being DLC... Granted, I'm a person who never played Persona at all, but I guess congrats for those who wanted him. I'll be worried if he's s4 Bayo levels of broken, though (but good thing patches exist). Again, congrats...

Got 4 spots left, and I hope Monster Hunter will be one of the choices.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, that's it for me. My highest tier has been met with just this announcement alone. I won't ask for anything ever again.

Robertman2 Robertman2 Idon Idon We hoped for a miracle and it came. I had an enormous gut feeling that this was happening. Absolutely no proof or indication that it was possible, but just a mere strong feeling. It told me to be confident, that it was coming for sure, and surely enough it did. Words cannot express how happy I am that this is reality.
dan new yere.gif

Yeah... it's happening.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Simply speaking unexpected as hell. 3rd party, ZERO history or relevance to nintendo, very popular in Japan (idk if he's that big in the west)

People love P5 though, it is highly praised

I've seen people that hate JRPGs that love P5
>Zero History except the "core" series Megaten he's from.

Fixed-

D

Deleted member

Anyway, congrats to all the Joker, fans, wasn't around for the arguments over him but I'm glad you guys got your wish.
Maybe I should finally jump into Persona 5

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'm more of an SMT fan than a Persona fan. Should have been Jack Frost. On the other hand, Fire Emblem isn't getting anything new, so that's good. One neutral, four to go. And this brings SEGA to three reps.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone is overlooking a huge factor in these DLC picks. Remember, the DLC is a package deal - we're getting a Fighter along with multiple music tracks. Nintendo won't select a character if they don't come from a series with iconic music. Joker happens to come from such a franchise. So I think Reimu has a pretty good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom