• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that we might get fanart of Makoto/Haru/Ann/Futaba being paired with the likes of Samus/Bayonetta/Isabelle and such.
I hope they'll use voice acting of Persona 5. That game had so many stars that it's not funny.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I was literally about to go to bed, not even kidding here, I was just listening to my last song for the night and I saw IT in my recommendations, and my first thought was, oh cool, a fan made troll trailer, should be cool.

But...

But it was real! IT WAS REALLY REAL!

My heart is actually pounding OH MY GOD that was an incredible surprise!

That’s without a doubt the most surprised I’ve ever been during a Smash reveal. It’s honestly even more surprising to me than Everyone is Here!

How the hell am I supposed to sleep now!?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon Idon , when should commence the memorial service for our bois the Demi-Fiend and Flynn?
Well friend.
comfort of death.png

That's just... life.
It's not like any of us didn't see this coming. We of all people should've known that Persona's far too massive to consider when looking at Atlus.
SMT, as it always has been, will be shuffled to the side.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Can't sleep, so imma say this.

If joker, a character from a game that nintendo doesn't have on their system currently, can get in, then literally most game characters can get in. Sora? Can get in. Steve? Can get in. Bubsy? Absolutely can get in. There are no rules for game characters anymore (outside of the cartoon thing), it's nintendo's choice, and we just have to deal with it
So it's that thing I've thought since we got confirmation that Nintendo picked the DLC... hmm lit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was literally about to go to bed, not even kidding here, I was just listening to my last song for the night and I saw IT in my recommendations, and my first thought was, oh cool, a fan made troll trailer, should be cool.

But...

But it was real! IT WAS REALLY REAL!

My heart is actually pounding OH MY GOD that was an incredible surprise!

That’s without a doubt the most surprised I’ve ever been during a Smash reveal. It’s honestly even more surprising to me than Everyone is Here!

How the hell am I supposed to sleep now!?
Don't sleep, only Smash.

LetterO

Smash Lord
SO I WAS IN THE LINE IN GAMESTOP FOR THE 9 PM RELEASE AND I HEAR AN EMPLOYEE YELL "JOKER FROM PERSONA 5 IS IN SMASH".

"NO CHARACTER CONSIDERED AFTER 2014" MY ***
"SE CHARACTER FIRST" MY ***

I'VE NEVER PLAYED PERSONA 5 BUT THIS IS SO DAMN HYPE OH MY GOD

D

Deleted member

Well friend.
View attachment 182026

That's just... life.
It's not like any of us didn't see this coming. We of all people should've known that Persona's far too massive to consider when looking at Atlus.
SMT, as it always has been, will be shuffled to the side.
Yeah. It is what it is.

Maybe one day man. One day.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Someone guessing Joker isn't surprising at all, people know Persona is a recognizable name. If I was making a fake leak P4 Protag would be the sort of thing I throw in there, for instance. Some people just picked the more recent character instead, they're basically the same (non)person anyways.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guys, guys: Joker literally stole an invitation. Stealing slots are a thing. jk,

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I wasn’t the one of the many people who treated Verge and other “insiders” like gospel and defended them against anyone who dares question their claim.

So point at them, I’m just happy they’re BTFO so all DLC bets are off.
Sorry wasn't trying to imply that's what you meant that's why I said people plural and didn't say you specifically I was just adding my thoughts on your comment. But ya agreed same here I was getting tired of all this insider bull**** myself too.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Guys-s?

I swear to the god if we missed PP leaker 2.0 again
Edelgard and Sylux? Thinking this is a lucky guess.

Nothing against those characters at all, but this definitely feels like just betting on the popular choices. They're the new "Spring Man and Rex are totally DLC"

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
So... you're telling me they didn't pick the DLC characters back during the initial project plan?

Who. Would've. Thought.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Pray to god for my boys Doom Slayer & the lovely orange marsupial are in the fighter pass.

These are if not, the only characters I would literally SCREAM out of my lungs if they were to get in. For two reasons:

Doom Slayer would not only be awesome to play as; guns and chainsaw galore, but I can't wait to see the amount of DOOM content in Ultimate, music, a stage probably from Argent Facility or even Hell in that matter, come on, I think Sakurai could pull it off, though that's just my personal bias which really, shouldn't take for granted. Most importantly, the music. BFG Division & Rip & Tear please come into Smash if you have any chance of being there, please. lol.

Crash; come on, he's one of the big rivals of the 32 bit era/or 64 bit era if you wanna count the N64, he's like second close to Mario, and Sonic crashed and burned long far back with the Saturn days, those were pretty rough. He was once a PlayStation mascot, but is now a third party character, but is one of importance to the gaming industry as a whole into many gamers' heart.
I think the time has come that the marsupial earns his shot in Ultimate, if he's in, this game will truly be ultimate.

That's all for now.

Oh and maybe Ryu Hayabusa and probably Sylux would fit my bill.

One character I am not entirely sure about, so let it stay that way.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
They actually announced a DLC character at TGA. Color me surprised.

I don't know anything about Persona, but I'm excited to see more about Joker. At least he doesn't seem like a boring pick by any means.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know that the Square-Enix Characters is still on the table right?

What made people think it was first was because the talks were basically an unkept secret because Square-Enix Send that list away.

However Jokers DO make the speculation more interesting now.

Shroob

Sup?
how many that dude have been WRONG on literally things?
List them all and we may as well make collage of him being wrong abotut anything
He's the father of Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac and the high priest of the Music Theory.

D

Deleted member

Well, time for me rally all of my hope into Dante and Doomguy. Hey, if Joker can happen, anyone can happen. All bets are off.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pray to god for my boys Doom Slayer & the lovely orange marsupial are in the fighter pass.

These are if not, the only characters I would literally SCREAM out of my lungs if they were to get in. For two reasons:

Doom Slayer would not only be awesome to play as; guns and chainsaw galore, but I can't wait to see the amount of DOOM content in Ultimate, music, a stage probably from Argent Facility or even Hell in that matter, come on, I think Sakurai could pull it off, though that's just my personal bias which really, shouldn't take for granted. Most importantly, the music. BFG Division & Rip & Tear please come into Smash if you have any chance of being there, please. lol.

Crash; come on, he's one of the big rivals of the 32 bit era/or 64 bit era if you wanna count the N64, he's like second close to Mario, and Sonic crashed and burned long far back with the Saturn days, those were pretty rough. He was once a PlayStation mascot, but is now a third party character, but is one of importance to the gaming industry as a whole into many gamers' heart.
I think the time has come that the marsupial earns his shot in Ultimate, if he's in, this game will truly be ultimate.

That's all for now.

Oh and maybe Ryu Hayabusa and probably Sylux would fit my bill.

One character I am not entirely sure about, so let it stay that way.
Crash is like my only dlc prediction from before that i'm not throwing out lol

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Edelgard and Sylux? Thinking this is a lucky guess.

Nothing against those characters at all, but this definitely feels like just betting on the popular choices. They're the new "Spring Man and Rex are totally DLC"
Can we please stop with all these 4chan leaks man all they do is give people ridiculous expectations of **** no one actually knows a damn thing about man.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
I'm confused by people thinking this is anymore boundary breaking than Cloud. The sense of "anyone could be in!" is certainly palpable, but no stronger now than it was in November 2015. That completely changed the game. Goku or Steve or Bubsy's chances are still no different now from than where they were last week, which is to say I don't think ANYONE is outright impossible because Sakurai has demonstrated time and time again that he's a maverick who does whatever the hell he wants and I love him for it.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I'm ****ing happy for guys who wanted joker to be in smash. It's like early christmas gift for them,

Now, should we expect Doomguys to be in smash at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom