• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When I do finally get this game and a Switch. I much look forward to facing you guys online. It'll definitely be lots of fun. :)

I still got a bit of a long road until I get there though.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Well we can basically throw out almost all arguments against characters at this point. Persona 5 isn’t even on a Nintendo console. So that means characters who have their games on other consoles are pretty much fair game for DLC. Sora for Smash! And congratulations Persona fans you truly got the unexpected.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I wonder what the person icon will be? Will it be based on Persona 5 (Like the Phantom Thieves logo) or based on Persona in general (Maybe like the mask persona card from 4).

Untouch

Smash Master
https://youtu.be/IGFWf899NWk?t=5777

Reggie did not say the characters are from new series.
Reggie did not say the characters are from games new to the series.
Reggie said the characters are new to Smash Bros, they aren't veterans.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Can't sleep, so imma say this.

If joker, a character from a game that nintendo doesn't have on their system currently, can get in, then literally most game characters can get in. Sora? Can get in. Steve? Can get in. Bubsy? Absolutely can get in. There are no rules for game characters anymore (outside of the cartoon thing), it's nintendo's choice, and we just have to deal with it

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I wonder what the person icon will be? Will it be based on Persona 5 (Like the Phantom Thieves logo) or based on Persona in general (Maybe like the mask persona card from 4).
Seems like its just repping P5 only like FF7 so probably iconography from P5 only

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well we can basically throw out almost all arguments against characters at this point. Persona 5 isn’t even on a Nintendo console. So that means characters who have their games on other consoles are pretty much fair game for DLC. Sora for Smash! And congratulations Persona fans you truly got the unexpected.
Not exactly. Just last month, Joker starred in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth, which is a 3DS title.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Got the game. It was worth it, even though it was cold. There was no body odor, though.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Why the **** was anyone even taking them seriously for this DLC **** anyway? They literally told us that Nintendo is leak baiting hard as **** for this game. That means regarding DLC was speculation from the start. Especially that whole Verge "leak list" the fact that it was a ****ing list to begin with should have sent red flags blaring for everyone. How the **** do you claim to know a specific character edition but you can't narrow down to one specific person? It doesn't add up but hey man people keep taking these leaks seriously when it's obvious no one knows a damn thing outside of Nintendo.
Dude, I wasn’t the one of the many people who treated Verge and other “insiders” like gospel and defended them against anyone who dares question their claim.

So point at them, I’m just happy they’re BTFO so all DLC bets are off.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if this disproves the Square Enix Rep. I mean it’s certainly not first like verge said, but a lot of people have heard about that list.

I’m gonna say the remaining four are

Erdrick
Yuri Lowell
Banjo and Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot.

Just a hunch.

And sense a character was revealed, me Secret formular is still safe!

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
OMG... So a rep from Dragon Quest or Kingdom Hearts are more possible than ever now?! This is certainly the best timeline ever

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I can't wait to listen to Persona music while Smashing my opponents!!

Also, jokes on you, He came to steal the show!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Smash hasn't unlocked for me yet. You 5 minutes late Nintendo. The ****.
I had to wait a few minutes to open Smash myself.
Speak to me in human form. Not Persona fan my friend. Lol.
In Persona, the titular Personas are manifestations of the main Characters' wills, in Personas 3-5 (and maybe 2, though I'm not sure), the Player Character is a "Wild Card", able to use any Persona after first capturing them (for gameplay reasons, they can't use the Personas of the other team members), though they also have a basic one of their own (in Joker's case, that is Arsene).

In gameplay terms, the Personas are just ways for the characters to use Magic in battle. Magic comes in different elements (Fire, Ice, Lightning, etc).

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Reminder that we might get fanart of Makoto/Haru/Ann/Futaba being paired with the likes of Samus/Bayonetta/Isabelle and such.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
now to look for all the leaks that said joker as dlc. there's bound to be someone out there who leaked that ****
It did happen because I was the one to dig up a Persona Joker as DLC 4chan leaks as back as after E3.
Saying that all the VA were here etc etc etc which lead to the most chill discussion ever before people told us to **** off because he was a "never ever"

potato69

Smash Apprentice
JOKER IS IN!!! I know quite a few people, both on the internet and in real life, who are probably jumping out of their seats. Congrats to all Joker supporters! See you all in Smash!

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Guys-s?

I swear to the god if we missed PP leaker 2.0 again
Almost definitely just a lucky guess but Sylux and Banjo-Kazooie would be hype.

Please not another Fire Emblem character though............please....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom