• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Who just like, sniffs people

Like imagine walking up to someone, sniffing them, and saying "wow you smell good"

The thought of that disturbs me
I remember getting asked how I found a girl playing hide and seek. "I can smell you." Was not the answer she was looking for on any level.

D

Deleted member

So this is a thing:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Like, why though.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
who knows

mvc4 better turn her into a little girl a la logan
I admit I am more of a fan of the characters in the MCU over the X-Men. But I’m totally against leaving them out completely. I just think they need to be proportionate to relevance and importance. I’m fine with having the big X-Men, but super obscure characters like Spiral and Marrow. Even b teir characters like Gambit and Sentinel. I’d rather have more characters who stand completely on their own and headline their own series. Having a ton of X-Men characters and having a ton of Avengers characters aren’t the same thing. Because with a few exceptions they aren’t Avengers characters. They’re Iron Man characters and Hulk Characters and Thor characters and Dr. Strange Characters and Ant-Man characters. It’s just not the same thing.

Iridium

Smash Hero
In Japan, it's the 6th, and will be the 7th by 10 A.M. tomorrow (for me). Time zones really do make a difference.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I admit I am more of a fan of the characters in the MCU over the X-Men. But I’m totally against leaving them out completely. I just think they need to be proportionate to relevance and importance. I’m fine with having the big X-Men, but super obscure characters like Spiral and Marrow. Even b teir characters like Gambit and Sentinel. I’d rather have more characters who stand completely on their own and headline their own series. Having a ton of X-Men characters and having a ton of Avengers characters aren’t the same thing. Because with a few exceptions they aren’t Avengers characters. They’re Iron Man characters and Hulk Characters and Thor characters and Dr. Strange Characters and Ant-Man characters. It’s just not the same thing.
If they hadn't taken away Dr.Doom, Magneto, Sentinel and Wolverine, I honestly think MCU would have done better.

You just don't take away some of the most iconic characters from MC2 and 3 and get away with it from a fanbase that diehard, and "Characters are just functions" didn't help one bit.

D

Deleted member

No. Lots of noes...
That Kirby guy is literally just the Soul Calibur VI character that was floating around for a while:

Oh boy...

Also why was Fox replaced by Inlking (it didn't even get to them). That's the one other than my boi I wanted to see the most...
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. That's weird, I wonder if it's because they felt the need to show one of the newcomers?

...TBH I'm glad it didn't show Inkling. I don't know if my heart could take that. *Shudder*

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Elma fans who think she's possible for DLC are the bravest soldiers
I mean, not...not correct ones, but brave ones, and I really respect them
I kind of knew that Xeno wasn’t getting any new characters this time around when we saw the series symbols and Shulk’s was still the Monaco. From what I’ve heard that’s only a major symbol in the first game, so I feel that they would have changed it to something more representative if they were including Rex or Elma.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
As Smash Ultimate draws closer, I still STILL FEEL BURNING DISAPOINTMENT THAT WE HAVENT HIT PAGE 10,000 BEFORE THE GAME LAUNCHES...

Hopefully we'll break 9,000 tho for the meme

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright guys.

It's been fun.

...but, like many others, I'll be taking my leave from this thread, the Geno thread, and the Squenix thread, until Smash comes out.

My best friend and I are headed outta town to see our other best friend so we can play this game all together ASAP like we did for Smash Bros 4.

So...I won't see you guys until Saturday, most likely!

Love you all, love Geno in my stead, and love yourself, good night.

at last i'll be reunited with Noipoi Noipoi ... :")

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kind of knew that Xeno wasn’t getting any new characters this time around when we saw the series symbols and Shulk’s was still the Monaco. From what I’ve heard that’s only a major symbol in the first game, so I feel that they would have changed it to something more representative if they were including Rex or Elma.
technically, though not outright stated, there is a Monado in XC2. Two of them, in fact. None in XCX though

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Roberk

Smash Champion
That Kirby guy is literally just the Soul Calibur VI character that was floating around for a while:

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. That's weird, I wonder if it's because they felt the need to show one of the newcomers?

...TBH I'm glad it didn't show Inkling. I don't know if my heart could take that. *Shudder*
>Nightmare

Accurate

Phobos_Anomaly

Smash Cadet
Of note: The Switch has now outsold the GameCube's lifetime sales.

This game might outsell Brawl. It'll definitely outsell Smash 4, but this could be the best-selling Smash of all time, and rightfully so.
This is final fighter's blog post by the way.
We already covered all fighters expect for DLC.
If this is true then they skipped Falco. I don't believe they featured Falco. The US blog also didn't feature Mr. Game & Watch.

Shroob

Sup?
I'll take nightmare fuel Kirby any day over that one guy who used to post here who had a Deviantart-tier obese bikini Rosalina as their avatar, ngl.

Last edited:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Im sure that fanbase started because of one reason
LOL okay yes I can agree that “reason” probably had something to do with it..
I liked her bc she had a cool design, used ice(which is literally so cool and underused) and yes she is very pretty:p(BUT I DO NOT COUNT IN THE OTHER REASON BC IM NOT ATTRACTED TO GIRLS SO I AM WHOLESOME STILL)

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Not really good basis for thinking a series wouldn't get a new character, that's like saying Donkey Kong wouldn't be getting K. Rool because his initials aren't DK or thinking that some FE reps wouldn't return because they don't use the Falchion.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This is final fighter's blog post by the way.
We already covered all fighters expect for DLC.
:ultgnw:

Falco and Cena both had blogs but didn’t have their tag right, but I don’t think GnW got his...
Is it just me or are the Summons fully modelled this time instead of just being flat images?
Looks likt it in that shot. That’d really be cool - the .pngs were a bit unnecessary before...
Alright guys.

It's been fun.

...but, like many others, I'll be taking my leave from this thread, the Geno thread, and the Squenix thread, until Smash comes out.

My best friend and I are headed outta town to see our other best friend so we can play this game all together ASAP like we did for Smash Bros 4.

So...I won't see you guys until Saturday, most likely!

Love you all, love Geno in my stead, and love yourself, good night.

at last i'll be reunited with Noipoi Noipoi ... :")
Have fun! There’ll still be a place for you in the Dovahkiin thread when you get back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom