• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
It’s cool that I’m developing a fever right now because in three hours I can say Smash Ultimate comes out todaaaaay

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never heard him mention that the Minecraft content was specifically a boss until AFTER the game had been mined and we knew that it wasn’t real.
Basically all he said was that his sources are saying it's a boss.

That could mean his sources were leakbaited, though.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
my theory about verge and the minecraft boss is that he isn't lying about hearing it, but the person who told him was definitely lying about it

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
To be fair, for the Minecraft content. He was NEVER SURE and NEVER BROUGHT IT like a fact.

The Square-Enix rep is another deal where as back as August he was pretty sure of it's existance.
And Saying EVEN DURING SEPTEMBER that said character would be DLC with Incineroar and Ken being the last one.
IIRC he doubled down on "Minecraft Content" several times.

And yes, he's been mostly right about Smash but that doesn't mean he cant be wrong about anything. We are talking about a guy who had a reputation for going back and editing posts before this. Don't get me wrong, I'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt on most of this stuff, but rumors are not gospel.

D

Deleted member

It's Crono time
"It's time time"
This reminds me of my serious concept fpr his trailer, which involved a fight between Shulk, Young Link and Lucina when suddenly, Shulk has a vision and stops fighting. He gets KOed while he's not noticing and then the other two look at the direction he was looking as energy starts to emanate from it when suddenly, a portal opens and Crono comes out of it.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im still pretty sure he's right about the square rep being dlc, but minecraft anything that isn't dlc feels bogus

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Quick question before I turn in for the night.

Does anyone have that complete "Classic mode character unlock chain"?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Guys, anyone wanna get a Smashboards Online tourney set up? We did it for Sm4sh and it was a lot of fun! "Speculation Smashers"!!
*Looks at everyone getting Ultimate while I don’t even have a Switch yet.*

131A10D0-41AC-4A02-966F-B51C9CC95D1C.jpeg

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
*Sighs*
I kinda...

Umm..

Miss Katalina
And I barely even knew her;(
Sad
she was literally never going to get in and never will get in unless her series is still going when they absolutely run out of characters to add

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
im still pretty sure he's right about the square rep being dlc, but minecraft anything that isn't dlc feels bogus
The sheer number of sources pointing to the SE DLC character are significant enough for me to be less skeptic about that part of it. Now the character that it is actually to be I still have keep my skepticism in place for now as it is still too all over the place.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
A little late to the :ultincineroar: discussion but I echo what most say about him.

It wasn’t that I hated Incineroar, I just simply wanted other characters before him and it was that he was a common prediction thanks to Verge and the Box theory.

Because of that, people (including me truth be told) saw him as a massive threat towards Banjo/Isaac/Geno/Shantae/Skull Kid/whoever and the Grinch leak didn’t help.

If he got in, then they wouldn’t. You really couldn’t blame them whether you’re a fan or not, he was just another Pokémon compared to those huge fan requests.

That said, he looks fun and I look foward to playing as him!
No offense but I dont understand why people like to bring up how Incineroar was boring and common prediction. Incineroar was the 4th place of in people´s mind about which Pokémon was likely. Decidueye, Lycanroc and Mimikyu had a stronger following. Even when LoZ leaked what Verge knew, incineroar wasnt still confirmed since only one source of his mentioned it. Other Pokemon were brought up to discussion like the UBs. There were even many people suggesting that we wouldnt get a new Pokémon newcomer due to the fact that Pokémon had a lot of characters already in the roster. Two months before the game was to be released, Verge confirmed that incineroar was in. Incineroar remained a topic of discussion for one month before it conflicted with the music theory and later when the Grinch leak emerged. The next month, the grinch leak arrived and incineroar was mostly used in mock ups with people laughing that he wasnt in. Insiders brought him up and people dismissed it as leakbait. I just dont see how Incineroar was predictable when for most of the speculation cycle, he was an underdog.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
she was literally never going to get in and never will get in unless her series is still going when they absolutely run out of characters to add
Yeah probably, doesn’t mean I don’t miss the idea of her maybe being in:p

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
While I claimed at first I didn't care for him, I have to say I've been watching a lot of Incineroar gameplay and have started to warm up to him (pun not intended). He looks pretty fun despite the crappy mobility and I love his voice. Definitely gonna spend some time and see if I like him at all.
I'm slightly annoyed that we haven't been getting PotDs or anything. They really have some great shots in game on the site. It does make me hope that it'll be easy enough to get some good in-game pics myself, but that's probably a no go.

On a related note: BAD LEVIATHAN! YOU MADE ISABELLE CRY!
Is it just me or are the Summons fully modelled this time instead of just being flat images?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Basically Incineroar did his job as the heel better than anticipated.
He can’t be a good heel if all the hate when to a certain PLANT! instead. :4pacman:

Now he’s just moved on and not given anymore attention.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
This is final fighter's blog post by the way.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We already covered all fighters expect for DLC.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Honestly don't think it's likely at all, but one can wish.
There's certainly a lot of the possible DLC candidates that can have echoes, like Sora/Roxas, Elma/Cross, Steve/the other Minecraft character (Alex, I think?), Erdrick/another DQ protag, Isaac/Matthew, Lyn/Navarre, Travis/Henry (though I would prefer Travis with the dual beamkatanas instead of one)
Part of the reason they probably thought of including Xenoblade 2 is the game is rife with echos. Every blade and blade user is an echo (in the base game)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Kind of odd to see that we're basically at the end lol

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's no real point to leaving Fox properties out anymore though, considering Disney will soon own all of those
Until 2020-2021 hits, Marvel content with movies made owned by Fox
Jokes on you!

The Skrulls and Watchers are on the MCU!
shared rights, like with Spidey
We already have Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite.
And Lego Marvel 2, and Lego Avengers, and a buncha mobile games
We did it everyone

MeLON17

Smash Rookie

Welcome to Super Smash Blog Thread where we would discuss about daily updates that should be posted on daily basis. Also this place would be home to more Smash speculations as usual where we would trying to figure who would be our next newcomers or echo fighters. Please check the rules and make sure that you follow the rules accordingly if you don''t want to get banned over silly things!

Translation of Sakurai's tweet on Smash Switch
Sakurai's comment on his next project and his vacation being short
Fighters themselves become the source of new excitement
Sakurai's goal of making the best character game
If I keep making Smash, I get to work on interesting things
This is the limit for roster size!
7 Questions with Sakurai (related to Mewtwo data being outdated, etc)

• Please use your common sense and good judgement with your posting. Please refer to the Forum Rules before posting.
  • Please keep discussion drama-free.
  • Please refrain from spamming.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
I think shrek for ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom