• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Just saw this tweet by Harada talking about Tekken, but let's keep this in mind for Smash at the VGAs

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

My dumb *** keeps thinking that this is a hint towards something, but I should know better that it's just that they really didn't have that many rivals and stuff.
It's just a Splatoon thing. So... I highly doubt it means anything at all.

Still a neat thing to play with, since there's tons of themed battles people have done since the original 64 title.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

Just saw this tweet by Harada talking about Tekken, but let's keep this in mind for Smash at the VGAs
Damn, Harada-San just threw a truth bomb on us.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I dunno, the other 2 are jazz songs, a genre that fits way better with Bayo's smooth assuredness and graceful cadence. Admittedly this puts me at a bit of a loss as to what I'd like to hear since most of my favourite jazz songs are instrumentals (Moanin', In a Silent Way, Bumble Boogie etc.) but I think its a direction that deserves to be kept.
Calling it now, it's gonna be Somewhere over the Rainbow.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman

"You should change your negative attitude toward life OR I don't announcement anything anymore. You can choose."

Dammit, I love this man.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Alright. Time for the obligatory "why I think my character has a chance to be in as DLC" post.

I'll keep this relatively short and simple:

- Xenoblade Chronicles X is only represented through Spirits. No music, no stages, no characters (3 things the Fighters Pass promises to bring).
- Rex's current situation is very... weird. I still consider it as a deconfirmation. You may think otherwise. The fact he singled out Rex is still interesting to note.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has... a lot of representation compared to X. More spirits, more music, Mii costumes... it seems really weird that a game from the end of 2017 is getting more attention than the game that was most relevant when the roster was finalized (December 2015).
- That really only leaves KOS-MOS as a potential Xeno rep, but she is a 3rd party character. So... take that as you will.

Simply put: If we're getting a Xeno rep, it's most likely going to Elma.
Now whether or not you think we're getting a 2nd Xeno rep is up to you.
But this is my case... put simply.
The fact that KOS-MOS RE is getting a scale figure soon from Max factory and good smile (previous makers of figurines of her) is also really a point you should address since the only other characters to get a figure are Pyra and Mythra. My reasoning is that KOS-MOS RE is a completely new KOS-MOS and she will be marketed more often. Other than that I have to agree :)

I know it's just a figurine but KOS-MOS has had tons.... which means her new design will be popular!

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wait Bayonetta has made it a habit not to just do vocal battle themes but use actual songs in the first level. First one had Fly Me To The Moon, second one had Moon River and is this one going to get a Gaga song? I vote Bad Romance even if it doesn't fit Bayo's character
I dunno, the other 2 are jazz songs, a genre that fits way better with Bayo's smooth assuredness and graceful cadence. Admittedly this puts me at a bit of a loss as to what I'd like to hear since most of my favourite jazz songs are instrumentals (Moanin', In a Silent Way, Bumble Boogie etc.) but I think its a direction that deserves to be kept.
I heard a theory that the song is going to be "Bad Moon Rising". Admittedly, this theory cropped up before Lady Gaga's involvement was known about.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
The fact that KOS-MOS RE is getting a scale figure soon from Max factory and good smile (previous makers made some figurines of her) is also really a point you should address since the only other characters to get a figure are Pyra and Mythra. My reasoning is that KOS-MOS RE is a completely new KOS-MOS and she will be marketed more often. Other than that I have to agree :)

I know it's just a figurine but KOS-MOS has had tons.... which means her new design will be popular!

Oh, that's very cool!

I really want it now, though...

monadoboy

Smash Lord
The fact that KOS-MOS RE is getting a scale figure soon from Max factory and good smile (previous makers of figurines of her) is also really a point you should address since the only other characters to get a figure are Pyra and Mythra. My reasoning is that KOS-MOS RE is a completely new KOS-MOS and she will be marketed more often. Other than that I have to agree :)

Yo, how did I miss this?? Xeno2 getting four figures sounds like a lie.
Too bad I'm still salty at GSC and MF for not making a BotW Link figma...

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Calling it now, it's gonna be Somewhere over the Rainbow.
I heard a theory that the song is going to be "Bad Moon Rising". Admittedly, this theory cropped up before Lady Gaga's involvement was known about.

I dunno if you guys saw it, but I said earlier that I figured it would be blueberry hill, because it fit with the other two a lot better.

https://youtu.be/ts1qTynO1zg

^this is possibly my favorite version

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'm confused as to why Harada is bothered right now. I mean, from what I can tell reception to the recent Tekken announcement has been pretty positive.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Who the heck is Ryce?
This person named Ryce,
An insider with advice,
Who got things right twice,
Telling us to think trice!

This person named Ryce,
Who is living in ice.
Is he pulling a vice or is he actually nice?
A head full of lice or perhaps owns two mice?

This person named Ryce,
Does this Ryce man eat rice?
Or dabs them in spice?
Does he actually know or rolling a dice?

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I don't think Harada's Twitter is a serious one... he sounds like he is imitating some wise man's saying

Namco why don't you announce 2B's relsase date better? ._.

fxd001

Smash Rookie
That splatfest thing is fake news. Nintendo already announced the next splatfest a while ago. Family VS Friends on January 4th. And it's a global splatfest so there isn't any possibility of the Smash one only being in one region or something.

Please ignore me, I'm just an idiot who checked several splatoon related sites and didn't see any mention of a new splatfest announcement, but didn't think to also check NoA's twitter before commenting. Just laugh at me and move on with your lives, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I don't think Harada's Twitter is a serious one... he sounds like he is imitating some wise man's saying

Namco why don't you announce 2B's relsase date better? ._.
Harada famously gets tired of the community's ********. He's the one that wore the "Don't ask me for ****" shirt.

He kids and trolls around all the time but it's also believable that online attitudes get him annoyed.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Have any new rumors emerged while I was away?

And is Noipoi back? Is he here to help us get the 9000 pages?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yo, how did I miss this?? Xeno2 getting four figures sounds like a lie.
Too bad I'm still salty at GSC and MF for not making a BotW Link figma...
hold_up_censored.jpg

Hold the **** up, four? I know of Pyra and Mythra, and KOS-MOS, but...

Oh right, Siren. Duh.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

oof... I can feel the annoyence and anger radiating from this tweet

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
That splatfest thing is fake news. Nintendo already announced the next splatfest a while ago. Family VS Friends on January 4th. And it's a global splatfest so there isn't any possibility of the Smash one only being in one region or something.
Fake news... Tweeted by the official Splatoon Twitter account as part of a thread where they also put their countdown image...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No it's not, it was tweeted by Nintendo Versus, that's an official account.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wait, is that true? That's first time that I heard some game developer hate the resetera
he made a whole video on them pff
No it's not, it was tweeted by Nintendo Versus, that's an official account.
I always thought that was a fake account because I didnt see the check mark

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
"You should change your negative attitude toward life OR I don't announcement anything anymore. You can choose."

Dammit, I love this man.
To be fair this is the same guy who thought removing the color black from character customization was a good idea instead of fixing a certain costume piece that was causing issue and who is now selling a season pass full of wanted vets after saying they would never charge fans for those vets.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To be fair this is the same guy who thought removing the color black from character customization was a good idea instead of fixing a certain costume piece that was causing issue and who is now selling a season pass full of wanted vets after saying they would never charge fans for those vets.
Harada is a strange man. He's got a "I don't care/I immensely care" attitude.

But he's a strange man that got Akuma and Geese in the same game, so I'm cool.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Charging for the vets likely wasn't his choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom