• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octorockandroll

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
"Urobuchi can write!"
Kaito Kumon: "My definition of 'strength' is as consistent as a roulette wheel"
Edgy KR fans: "Wow this should be on HBO"
I have barely watched any Kamen Rider but I feel this is still better dialogue than we get in most non-Garo tokusatsu.

Might just be a translation thing.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I mean... yeah sure...but :ultcloud: exist.
ive already had this argument on this forum, page..... in what world is limit up b bad recovery? in smash 4 you could guarantee to have it. in ultimate that may change. cloud recovery in ultimate may be way worse. additionally, cloud still has more horizontal recovery than chrom. chromwill be fine in low level play (much like mac) but the better our opponents the more cheap stocks you will lose and long term it won't make people want to play him.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
On the subject of truly iconic first party reps yet to be added, maybe Captain Toad. He has potential to get there for sure.

GAIM SUCKS SO MUCH. THANK YOU.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

To me "iconic" means they have a good chance of being recognized by the average person. Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, etc.

Captain Toad is not iconic. Toad is, although people might not know his name (might call him Mushroom Head or "that mushroom character from Mario Kart") but Captain Toad himself? Not at all

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Imagine if Sakurai gave Crash realistic bandicoot sounds, thankfully it’ll never happen since he’s more akin to Sonic.

Banjo on the other hand I’m worried about...

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Sakurai gave Crash realistic bandicoot sounds, thankfully it’ll never happen since he’s more akin to Sonic.

Banjo on the other hand I’m worried about...
Crash would “Woah” to death.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Guys, this isn't the social thread

He and his games are trash.
Don't start the triggers. I'm not in the mood for another argument

....but most of his games post Twinsanity aren't as well as the original trilogy, CTR, and Bash are. N. Sane Triology took them back in the right direction

D

Deleted member

Guys, this isn't the social thread

Don't start the triggers. I'm not in the mood for another argument

....but most of his games post Twinsanity aren't as well as the original trilogy, CTR, and Bash are. N. Sane Triology took them back in the right direction
The DS port of Crash of The Titans is surprisingly decent, tbh.

But yeah, you are kind of right, and many people should try Twinsanity.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
ive already had this argument on this forum, page..... in what world is limit up b bad recovery? in smash 4 you could guarantee to have it. in ultimate that may change. cloud recovery in ultimate may be way worse. additionally, cloud still has more horizontal recovery than chrom. chromwill be fine in low level play (much like mac) but the better our opponents the more cheap stocks you will lose and long term it won't make people want to play him.
In what world people use Limit up-b is used to recovery? In what world Limits is used to recovery in high level play. It's rarely to never used for that.
What makes Cloud excelent is the Tools he have around him, hit hitboxes, Limits break and Frame data. If your strenght overweight your weakness will be here, sure, but you might compensate it.
I've been playing Smash Ultimate for a good 10/15 hours in demoes and event now ever since July/August/November
Even with the Limit nerf, Cloud is still excelent.
Why?
Not because of Up-B limits. But because his all of his tools are good, even if his recovery is mediocre.

Chrom isn't comparable to Little Mac in Smash 4, nor in Ultimate.
Chrom is literally Roy, with his excelent frame data in Ultimate, and the boost of Ultimate's engine and all around. Chrom have Roy's excellent Air-Speed/Air games and Comboes, which Little mac doesn't.

I'm not saying that Chrom is a secret top-tiers. But he's not bad at all, far from it, than what people's says and made him look like when he was announced.

People saw how Roy was impressive in Ultimate's event. Then they realized what it would mean for Chrom. And people who hvae the game Early/Pirated it all seems to comfirm it.
Chrom will be extremely Scary, even Ally think so.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

To me "iconic" means they have a good chance of being recognized by the average person. Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, etc.

Captain Toad is not iconic. Toad is, although people might not know his name (might call him Mushroom Head or "that mushroom character from Mario Kart") but Captain Toad himself? Not at all
That's fair. I guess I just lump Captain and Regular Toad together. I also don't think he's there just yet.

It's an interesting thought.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
This is proof you don't see my posts often lol. It's just that, to me, Banjo is so goddamn BORING of a choice. "But muh nostalgic 64 days! Weren't those amazing?! Doesn't that thought excite you?" Not really, didn't play the 64 when growing up, didn't like the one 3D Rare game I played, there's NOTHING about the franchise that appeals to me in the slightest and the fact that Microsoft has 2 other candidates that quite frankly would be much more exciting to see
It's okay for you to not like Banjo. It shouldn't surprise people, but there's tons of people who have different favorites on who they think should get in Smash. It's all subjective. We all shouldn't like the same things, cause then if we did discussions and speculation would just be boring.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I don't think people even consider Sephiroth, even though he's arguably one of the biggest villains in gaming.
Everyone would be so hyped if we got 2 new Final Fantasy tracks, an entire 4!
people have considered sephiroth the problem is if you DARE say that a SE character that isnt sora or geno will get in people come after you or ignore you. i think it will be sephiroth.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To be fair, the show we were talking about pretty much rides from that plot twist. It’s an important thing to not know the twist before watching.
Lots of things hinge on their plot twist. That doesn't absolve them of having a statute of limitations on spoilers.

Bruce Willis be dead yo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom