• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Well, since this is no longer a Smash Ultimate thread, i might as well join in on the nonsense.

Dr. Pavel, i'm CIA.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's okay for you to not like Banjo. It shouldn't surprise people, but there's tons of people who have different favorites on who they think should get in Smash. It's all subjective. We all shouldn't like the same things, cause then if we did discussions and speculation would just be boring.
*Raxxel asks why some people don't like Banjo so I put my opinions out there*
"OMG THERE'S STILL PEOPLE WHO LIKE BANJO WE SHOULDN'T ALL HAVE THE SAME OPINIONS"
What were you trying to accomplish?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Watch all the DLC pics are from series that are not represented in Smash in any way. Dragon Quest (or Chrono Trigger), Tales of... Not saying this is gonna happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did
Well, if gets us Ace Attorney, NiGHTS, Persona and/or Mischief Makers reps, I can't complain.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
LET'S TALK ABOUT FINAL SMASHES

So correct me if I'm wrong, Young Link's Final Smash is the same as Link/Toon Link and Daisy's the same as Peach's?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
*Raxxel asks why some people don't like Banjo so I put my opinions out there*
"OMG THERE'S STILL PEOPLE WHO LIKE BANJO WE SHOULDN'T ALL HAVE THE SAME OPINIONS"
What were you trying to accomplish?
A roundabout way of saying
lebowski-opinion1.jpg

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
played some ultimate today btw. Friend of mine at my university had a pirated copy on his switch
(we both preorderd the game so we are supporting the official release. also it was his choice not mine)

anyways, feels really good. Like really feels like an improved version of melee

D

Deleted member

Saw some people wondering whether Banjo would have realistic noises or not.
To blatantly copy a post I saw here during the Grinch leak
Look at this image

Now while looking at this image, listen to this video
That’s why he’d probably have cartoon noises

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
1:38 is gonna be The Ridley Meta™
But Isabelle is the one with a broken command grab.

played some ultimate today btw. Friend of mine at my university had a pirated copy on his switch
(we both preorderd the game so we are supporting the official release. also it was his choice not mine)

anyways, feels really good. Like really feels like an improved version of melee
How dare you act like Melee isn't the apex of human accomplishment and god's gift to this green earth.

blackghost

Smash Champion
In what world people use Limit up-b is used to recovery? In what world Limits is used to recovery in high level play. It's rarely to never used for that.
What makes Cloud excelent is the Tools he have around him, hit hitboxes, Limits break and Frame data. If your strenght overweight your weakness will be here, sure, but you might compensate it.
I've been playing Smash Ultimate for a good 10/15 hours in demoes and event now ever since July/August/November
Even with the Limit nerf, Cloud is still excelent.
Why?
Not because of Up-B limits. But because his all of his tools are good, even if his recovery is mediocre.

Chrom isn't comparable to Little Mac in Smash 4, nor in Ultimate.
Chrom is literally Roy, with his excelent frame data in Ultimate, and the boost of Ultimate's engine and all around. Chrom have Roy's excellent Air-Speed/Air games and Comboes, which Little mac doesn't.

I'm not saying that Chrom is a secret top-tiers. But he's not bad at all, far from it, than what people's says and made him look like when he was announced.

People saw how Roy was impressive in Ultimate's event. Then they realized what it would mean for Chrom. And people who hvae the game Early/Pirated it all seems to comfirm it.
Chrom will be extremely Scary, even Ally think so.
what do you mean in what world did you watch cloud in smash 4? they only use limit for two moves in singles. cross slash and up b. I did NOT call cloud bad. i said his recovery is easily better than chrom which it is. cloud has stalling, horizontal movement and limit.

chrom is comparable to mac in this regard: he will be elite to start the game and he will fall. this archetype of character in smash always does. im no roy expert but if his sourspots are better and he can get these combos will determine how he does long term.

these reactions to pre-release just demonstrate how overactive smash community is. these training mode montages on cpu are fun but they dont equate to success against other players. i have a lot of doubts on roy and chrom. I have a lot of faith in belmonts, Isabelle, bayo, and ike. everyone has thier bias. right now the characters that are being put on twitter the most are who people think are the best. that'll all change in a month or so.

D

Deleted member

How dare you act like Melee isn't the apex of human accomplishment and god's gift to this green earth.
Melee is dead. We all know Ultimate has surpassed ever previous Smash game. :p

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
We’ve gone from liking characters to doubting them to hating them. Can this downwards spiral be corrected?
Competition's fierce, bro.
There is potentially only five spots left and we must all kill each other so our favorites make it.
And by kill, I obviously mean in Smash....obviously....

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Sakurai gave Crash realistic bandicoot sounds, thankfully it’ll never happen since he’s more akin to Sonic.

Banjo on the other hand I’m worried about...
Also, there's the logical problem in which not many people know offhand what a bandicoot sounds like.

And, we'd get a Coco Echo, most likely.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also, a lot of people that were complaining about FE and KI getting characters despite not selling much were also complaining about WFT and Miis.

It's not like people want AAA title characters, they want the characters they like and then look for justification.

How about destructive criticism? ;)
Idea...add the entire Kid Icarus cast (from the OG game to Uprising...so including Of Myth and Monsters) into Smash as playable characters
Isn't that a shame?
Only Wendy is a shame...and a disgraceful *****
LET'S TALK ABOUT FINAL SMASHES

So correct me if I'm wrong, Young Link's Final Smash is the same as Link/Toon Link and Daisy's the same as Peach's?
Link got a new FS though...only Toon Link kept the Triforce Slash thing and Yink decided to use it aswell

D

Deleted member

Toy Story 1, but Crash Bandicoot replaces Woody, Spyro the Dragon replaces Buzz Lightyear and every other toy is a gaming icon while Andy is the Gaming comunity.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Also, there's the logical problem in which not many people know offhand what a bandicoot sounds like.

And, we'd get a Coco Echo, most likely.

Not happening mate.

1. Echo body types need to be near identical and not even Isabelle could be one.

2.Echoes already deconfirmed by Sakurai for DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom