• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Tibby
Poochy
Wonder Red
Lloyd Irving
Omega Dr. Kawashima

They're in.
kawashima and wonder red already have spirits, so probably not them. probably going to be monster hunter and square enix rep instead of them but this is otherwise the ideal timeline for me

Flyboy

Smash Hero
kawashima and wonder red already have spirits, so probably not them. probably going to be monster hunter and square enix rep instead of them but this is otherwise the ideal timeline for me
Monster Hunter o-or Phoenix Wright? and Crono.

I'd be down with that list.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Because at the time the only Metroid game that had come out was Other M, followed by Federation Force. The series hadn't had any good entries since the wii with MP3 (which imo was the weakest of the trilogy).
With Zelda for example, TriForce Heroes came out but so did A Link Between Worlds so people had what they wanted and didn't care.
Samus Returns was a good game though

D

Deleted member

I sincerely hope Ultimate's competitive scene won't be reduced to Smashville again. Seriously, that is the most non-hype stage in Smash history.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
****storm about Atlus involvement in base game and if they have something for DLC
I just had a thought.

What if the spirits had music attached to them. Like the Mother 3 spirits had M3 music and sound effects, the XC2 spirits had Music and sound fx, ect ect.

main reason I saw that was because I though about how cool it would be if Last Suprise was attached to a spirit and played in battle

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
I just had a thought.

What if the spirits had music attached to them. Like the Mother 3 spirits had M3 music and sound effects, the XC2 spirits had Music and sound fx, ect ect.

main reason I saw that was because I though about how cool it would be if Last Suprise was attached to a spirit and played in battle
It would be interesting if some spirits abilities trigger in a specific time and the music changes to signify who's activated.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
It would be interesting if some spirits abilities trigger in a specific time and the music changes to signify who's activated.
that's pretty fundamentally misunderstanding what spirits do, they're mostly just buffs, no major effects that would warrent something like that

Bionichute

Smash Champion
pray it's not ren so he has a chance at dlc
like he ever had a chance. getting a spirit would be the only persona stuff that would ever happen in smash, wouldn't even get a trophy if those were still around

Last edited:

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Hi guys.
Can you link a docked nintendo switch with other nintendo switches?

Friends are coming in the launch date to my house to unlock all chars, and we have that question. We all want our game with all chars unlocked.

beans

Smash Lord
that's pretty fundamentally misunderstanding what spirits do, they're mostly just buffs, no major effects that would warrent something like that
oh
I tought there were some that worked like Smash 4 equipments, like buffed during the last minute or buffed after eating.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
oh
I tought there were some that worked like Smash 4 equipments, like buffed during the last minute or buffed after eating.
there's still ones like that but i wouldn't call those worthy of getting full music to accompany them

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'll still hold out hope for Style Savvy until the end of the cycle. I can do this. I am patient.

like he ever had a chance. getting a spirit would be the only persona stuff that would ever happen in smash, wouldn't even get a trophy if those were still around
It's true but you don't have to say it. :(

D

Deleted member

So, this might just be me, but :ultshulk: looks miles better than did in 4 moveset wise.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As much as I hate that, I believe it. Considering Persona is stright up a sony exclusive while Nintendo has the spin off Persona Qs and SMT

Flyboy

Smash Hero
also you all know its gonna be jack frost that would get in before any persona characters right

jack frost is the mascot and more important to the series than joker
literally no one who supports joker thinks joker is going to be in Smash my dude

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hi guys.
Can you link a docked nintendo switch with other nintendo switches?

Friends are coming in the launch date to my house to unlock all chars, and we have that question. We all want our game with all chars unlocked.
No. They’re different consoles with different games with different users and save data.

Just like every other console and handheld before it.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Why is it that Mario and Kirby and Donkey Kong and so many other series have spinoffs and nobody freaks out? But then Metroid get one and everyone loses their ****.
Six years of nothing then dog spit and Nintendo acting like they knew what was best for everyone involved. 'we think fans were confused.'

Mario spin-offs are like leaves on a tree. There are at least 1-2 a year.

DK Barrel Blast was not well received or accepted, either. But that was after a long line of spin-offs like Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat and Jungle Climber. So you can't say Nintendo let DK flounder in nothingness.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I was a little worried about the top-tiers getting severely nerfed like Brawl Meta Knight, but to my suprise, it seems like most of them are still extremely good, albeit more fair.

My main :ultrosalina: is heavier and has more of an emphasis on detethered play, while my other main :ultmewtwo: is still just as much of a dangerous glass cannon as he was in Smash 4.

I'm on the fence with :ultbayonetta:, but even if she's still extremely OP after her nerfs, it seems like she's more fair of a character. We'll see how she goes moving forward.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, who is your favorite Echo Fighter? Mine is :ultdarksamus:.
:ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom:

Dude, every video I saw from him just made me confident that he was made for me and will fit like a gloves. I love it.

:ultrichter: just to bring DIVINE BLOODLINE with him
*SICK BASS VIOLIN AND GUITAR RIFF INTENSIFIES*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom