• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

segillav

Smash Apprentice
In more minor spoiler territory, the songs that play in the Classic Mode credits for certain characters.
Mario: Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels Medley
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Country Returns (Vocals)
Link: Title Theme - The Legend of Zelda (from Brawl)
Samus: Ending - Metroid
Dark Samus: Multiplayer - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Yoshi: Yoshi's Tale
Kirby: Staff Credits - Kirby's Dream Land
Fox: Main Theme (Star Fox) (from Brawl)
Pikachu: Road to Viridian City - Pokémon Red / Pokémon Blue
Luigi: Main Theme - Luigi's Mansion (the new remix)
Ness: Smiles & Tears
Captain Falcon: Fire Field (Brawl remix)
Jigglypuff: Pokémon Center - Pokémon Red & Blue
Peach: Slide
Daisy: Mario Tennis / Mario Golf
Bowser: King Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3
Ice Climbers: Ice Climber (Brawl)
Sheik: Gerudo Valley (Smash 4 remix)
Zelda: Hidden Mountain & Forest
Dr Mario: Fever
Pichu: Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver Medley (the song previously known as Pokémon Stadium 2)
Falco: Main Theme (Star Fox 64) (from Brawl)
Marth: Fire Emblem Theme
Lucina: Id (Purpose) (the original)
Young Link: Termina Field
Ganondorf: Death Mountain
Mewtwo: Victory Road - Pokémon Ruby / Pokémon Sapphire
Roy: Winning Road (Roy's Hope)
Chrom: Id (Purpose) (the remix)
Meta Knight: Meta Knight's Revenge
Zero Suit Samus: Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
Snake: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~ (Brawl Version)
Ike: Victory Is Near
Pokemon Trainer: Main Theme - Pokémon Red & Blue (Brawl)
Lucas: Mother 3 Love Theme
Sonic: Live & Learn
R.O.B: Stack Up / Gyromite
Wii Fit Trainer: Main Menu - Wii Fit
Little Mac: Jogging / Countdown
Palutena: Destroyed Skyworld
Bowser Jr: Delfino Plaza (remix)
Ken: Ken Stage
Cloud: Fight On
Bayonetta: Let's Dance, Boys!
Inkling: Bomb Rush Blush
Simon: Bloody Tears / Monster Dance
K. Rool: Gangplank Galleon
Isabelle: Plaza / Title Theme (Animal Crossing: City Folk / Animal Crossing: Wild World)

And the stages where the character unlock battles take place.
Ness: Onett
Captain Falcon: Port Town Aero Dive
Jigglypuff: Saffron City
Peach: Princess Peach's Castle
Bowser: Mushroom Kingdom U
Ice Climbers: Summit
Sheik: Gerudo Valley
Zelda: Temple
Dr. Mario: New Donk City
Falco: Corneria
Marth: Castle Siege
Young Link: Great Bay
Roy: Castle Siege
Chrom: Arena Ferox
Pit: Skyworld
Dark Pit: Reset Bomb Forest
Toon Link: Pirate Ship
Wolf: Lylat Cruise
Villager: Smashville
Wii Fit Trainer: Wii Fit Studio
Rosalina: Mario Galaxy
Little Mac: Boxing Ring
Palutena: Palutena's Temple
Bowser Jr: Delfino Plaza
Ryu: Battlefield
Cloud: Midgar
Inkling: Moray Towers
K. Rool: Jungle Japes
Incineroar: Boxing Ring
Note; Ryu & Incineroar are so far the only characters to not be unlocked on stages from their universe.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I am trying to determine what controller will be best for Smash Ultimate. Some are saying Pro controller, while others say the GameCube controller is best. Finally there are a small group that say the Hori Battle pad is best. Any thoughts on which controller is best for Smash Ultimate?
I like game cube controllers but it's really up to personal preference.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Thanks!
Speaking of Sora, part of me hopes he doesn't get in because a friend of mine had his Switch stolen and I feel adding his favourite would leave salt in the wound
That's a major bummer, hopefully he can hold out and get the rumored New switch model next year

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
kay full disclosure tl;dr ain't gonna ****in read all them pages (tho i did get to see several breakdowns and drama so uh good **** smashboards). just gonna toss this out here cause **** it why not support carmen sandiego for smash there you go, enjoy a legendary ****ing figure in gaming and a rad-as-hell character in her own right.

also captain n

and bubsy'd be sick too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
When I made my base roster Smash Ultimate Prediction, it was the closest I got to being accurate (most noteworthy predictions was everyone is here and K Rool)

My first DLC prediction was Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, Minecraft Steve and Monster Hunter.

Gonna stick with my gut on this one

Bionichute

Smash Champion
As for Prime 4. We've seen nothing, and there are a million ways it can go, and a million ways it can fail as well. It could look like Federation Force. It could run at 30fps. It could have multiplayer be its' focus. Federation Force was so far off the mark in regards to what Metroid fans wanted, I wonder how far that gap between developer and consumer is right now, and if it's shrinking or widening.
its almost like federation force

wasn't supposed to be like the other games. like it was some kind of

spin off. with a completely different focus

beans

Smash Lord
I know I probably missed a lot yesterday, but how the heck can any of these leakers claim that no one created past 2014 was considered when they don't even know all 5 DLC characters? The base roster of Ultimate already has characters younger than that.
It be interesting to know why so many can be discarded in one sweep.

And im pretty sure the only ones that are post-2014 are Inklings (from Splatoon, a game that is really ****ing big in Japan) and Incineroar (that already had a spot reserved)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
its almost like federation force

wasn't supposed to be like the other games. like it was some kind of

spin off. with a completely different focus
It's almost like spin-offs influence mainline games from time to time and shouldn't be ignored.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
It's almost like spin-offs influence mainline games from time to time and shouldn't be ignored.
yes because federation force's absolutely horrible backlash will totally result in prime 4 being exactly like it, that makes business sense

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It be interesting to know why so many can be discarded in one sweep.

And im pretty sure the only ones that are post-2014 are Inklings (from Splatoon, a game that is really ****ing big in Japan) and Incineroar (that already had a spot reserved)
We have Inklings, Corrin, and Incineroar. If 2014 is a real cutoff for DLC characters and not just a coincidence, then that is one of the weirdest and stupidest decisions Nintendo could've made, as that would essentially kill the chances of any character who debuted after Smash Wii U.

For now, there's not much that suggests any of these insiders confidently know all five DLC characters, so I won't bother reading too much into this rumor.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
yes because federation force's absolutely horrible backlash will totally result in prime 4 being exactly like it, that makes business sense
It happend with stupid ass, I mean, Lets go where he confirmed its a core game now and. future games will probably connect to go

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Listen, they know Federation Force was a dumb business idea, I doubt they'll do that again. Also, you dont know anything about the game. We dont know if it's good or not, assuming it will be bad is pessimism

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Thats dumb.
Now let me play only the numbered Kingdom Heart titles
To be fair on those. Nomura Never called those Spin-off and no one did. I think the only one who is officially considered like on is the 358/2 days game

Bionichute

Smash Champion
To be fair on those. Nomura Never called those Spin-off and no one did. I think the only one who is officially considered like on is the 358/2 days game
actually chain of memories is basically a spin-off, nomura never actually intended to explain anything between 1 and 2 in order to make 2's opening feel weird and disorienting

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Let's Go was always a core game, only reason why they ever said otherwise was to placate the manbabies
I swore they once said it wasnt a core game when it was announced. Maybe they shouldnt have said otherwise and should of stright up said it was a core game But it affecting future games is the real horror here

Im being such an asshole today, just woke up, sorry

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Let's Go was always a core game, only reason why they ever said otherwise was to placate the manbabies
Calling Let's go a core game was a pretty stupid move to do when every "core fan" was mad about the game though tho, you have to admit it

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Why is it that Mario and Kirby and Donkey Kong and so many other series have spinoffs and nobody freaks out? But then Metroid get one and everyone loses their ****.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I swore they once said it wasnt a core game when it was announced. But it affecting future games is the real horror here

Im being such an ******* today, just woke up, sorry
No no no. You're right.
For a while, let's go was just a side game and they were promoting the 2019 game as "A new CORE RPG Pokemon game"

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Why is it that Mario and Kirby and Donkey Kong and so many other series have spinoffs and nobody freaks out? But then Metroid get one and everyone loses their ****.
its mostly because federation force came out at an insanely bad time in the franchise's life. if we had gotten samus returns and federation force revealed at the same time, the response would have been entirely different

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
No no no. You're right.
For a while, let's go was just a side game and they were promoting the 2019 game as "A new CORE RPG Pokemon game"
so they basically lied to most of us? But why would they do that, even. Sure, to keep the ones mad thst it isnt a core game happy but then you go and say "oh btw, Lets go is a core game"

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I swore they once said it wasnt a core game when it was announced. Maybe they shouldnt have said otherwise and should of stright up said it was a core game But it affecting future games is the real horror here

Tbh, that's my main concern going into Gen 8. Let's Go is fine as its own entity, but I don't want most of the new mechanics seeping into the "mainline" games.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Calling Let's go a core game was a pretty stupid move to do when every "core fan" was mad about the game though tho, you have to admit it
Eh. **** the 'core fans'. They're not really worth listening to.

Nah. The real horror is the 2019 game possibly being like the 3DS games.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
You should see the reactions to Sonic's spin-offs.
"Shadow has guns and motorcycles, this is stupid!"
"Sonic has a sword, this is stupid!"
"Why the **** is Sonic driving a car?"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Eh **** your trusty fanbase that made what you are, they're not worth listening to.

**** you. I still wish for a game as Complete as HGSS and BW2.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Why I never, Joker

I didnt see anything wrong with the 3DS games, tho id expect graphics to be like lets go but hsve none of the other stuff lets go has

We are all off topic now, but there is nothing smash related to talk about pf

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
its mostly because federation force came out at an insanely bad time in the franchise's life. if we had gotten samus returns and federation force revealed at the same time, the response would have been entirely different
But Nintendo does that a lot. Let me remind you that from 1999 to 2009 Donkey Kong had nothing but Bongo games, peg swingers, and Mario VS DK titles. That's 10 years of spin offs. Yet somehow Metroid fans felt like they were being mistreated even though this is something that has happened before with other series.

Sometimes Nintendo makes spinoffs inbetween the mainline games because they are easier to make, while they are try to figure out what that next mainline game will be and who is developing it. Federation Force was easy to make while something like Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a huge process.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Eh... I think more people are worried that the 2019 games are more like Let's Go than Sun/Moon or X/Y.
And you can't dismiss the core fans, especially since they're people that constantly keep the games going.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Because at the time the only Metroid game that had come out was Other M, followed by Federation Force. The series hadn't had any good entries since the wii with MP3 (which imo was the weakest of the trilogy).
With Zelda for example, TriForce Heroes came out but so did A Link Between Worlds so people had what they wanted and didn't care.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
But Nintendo does that a lot. Let me remind you that from 1999 to 2009 Donkey Kong had nothing but Bongo games, peg swingers, and Mario VS DK titles. That's 10 years of spin offs. Yet somehow Metroid fans felt like they were being mistreated even though this is something that has happened before with other series.

Sometimes Nintendo makes spinoffs inbetween the mainline games because they are easier to make, while they are try to figure out what that next mainline game will be and who is developing it. Federation Force was easy to make while something like Metroid Prime 4 is going to be a huge process.
oh yeah, i know, i think its insanely stupid to complain about a spin off like federation force, but i at least get where people are coming from. it was after other m, which basically could have killed the series, and a weird multiplayer spinoff game is not what fans wanted at the time, and for a series like metroid, that's a death sentence

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Anyway put the Persona 3 Portable FemC in Smash.

The more I've been thinking, the more bizarre the 2014 cutoff for DLC is. 2015 I can accept. 2014 leaves us with, what, Wonder Red as our most recent potential rep? Then again outside of my pipe dreams (and Elma :( ) most of my wants are from before 2014. It all just seems strange.

Also, I had another Smash dream, kind of, in that some insider was told by someone here to put a picture of Goku in their next video if their DLC guesses were true and they went it did it and the board exploded. I think my brain has some unhealthy fixations.

I appriciate it, but I ain't posting any 10 whatever anymore here. At this point, I just want this crap to be over with.
As if you weren't trying to bait for replies? C'mon. This is a Smash thread. I know conversations here are barely on topic at the best of times but showing up and saying 'Hey I hate these games, including these fairly popular ones" "I'm surprised I didn't get more backlash! Please give me backlash! Why did I get backlash?" is a dumb move my guy.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
The more I've been thinking, the more bizarre the 2014 cutoff for DLC is. 2015 I can accept. 2014 leaves us with, what, Wonder Red as our most recent potential rep? Then again outside of my pipe dreams (and Elma :( ) most of my wants are from before 2014. It all just seems strange.
this still isn't even confirmed at all, though it makes sense

this gives tibby even more of a chance

Koopaul

Smash Champion
oh yeah, i know, i think its insanely stupid to complain about a spin off like federation force, but i at least get where people are coming from. it was after other m, which basically could have killed the series, and a weird multiplayer spinoff game is not what fans wanted at the time, and for a series like metroid, that's a death sentence
Death sentence? I think people are overreacting.

Donkey Kong was probably in an even worse case scenario. Rare (the studio who made all the DK game at the time) had just been bought out by Microsoft. Games like Donkey Kong Racing were canceled. And immidiately after, Nintendo starts giving us stuff like Mario VS Donkey Kong. That's the kind of thing you should really be scared of. Because for 10 years it seemed like Nintendo was trying to reinvent Donkey Kong.

And despite Federation Force being completely different from a mainline Metroid game... it was only one game, and it was explicitly a side story starring different characters. Donkey Kong had games like Jungle Beat that was explicitly trying to be the next mainline DK game. And it tried to reimagine the DK series with new characters, animal buddies, baddies, ect.

Point is, don't freak out until you start to get multiple games like Federation Force. One spin off doesn't elicit the reaction that it did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom