• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nah you've got a right to do that. Some people are just jerks. I'll share mine to be with you:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon
  • I honestly forget the name of this one, but it was a Wii shovelware mini-game collection game. It had this one BS mini-game where you had to trace a shape using the wii remote and it was so inaccurate but the CPUs could always do it flawlessly. Absolute bull****.
I can't really think of any other games that I've played that I either actively dislike or regret playing besides these three.

Okay guys please roast me and call me names for expressing my valid opinions please.
I appriciate it, but I ain't posting any 10 whatever anymore here. At this point, I just want this crap to be over with.
can metroid fans just not be satisfied by anything??
Hey man, I'm pretty damn satisified with what we got so far.
Watching Yu Yu Hakusho
Nice! I love that show.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Okay guys please roast me and call me names for expressing my valid opinions please.
Passive aggressiveness when a mod's already told us to straight-up drop it doesn't really help.

On that note, I actually felt slightly disappointed with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. But! That just might be me feeling the Pokémon burnout.

I'd say a popular game that I'm not a big fan of is...ah heck I'm so basic. I can't really think of one. I like too many things. I'm even an apologist/defender of Final Fantasy XIII (for reasons I could go on and on for! but hey, another time.)

Dang...we're really only a few days away from one of the biggest Nintendo game releases in recent history. Thursday night is gonna be so legit.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
And it took Lip 17 years to FINALLY get something more than the Lip Stick for Panel de Pon

So that's at least a progress. I'm wondering if they will even consider an attire for Mii Fighters with Mike Jones as an appreciation to remind the fans that Sakurai knows about StarTropic
I still wonder if Sakurai, or Nintendo for that matter, will ever reference StarTropics again. Most we've gotten in 28 years is one sticker in Brawl, VC rereleases, and the NES Classic..

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Passive aggressiveness when a mod's already told us to straight-up drop it doesn't really help.

On that note, I actually felt slightly disappointed with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. But! That just might be me feeling the Pokémon burnout.

I'd say a popular game that I'm not a big fan of is...ah heck I'm so basic. I can't really think of one. I like too many things. I'm even an apologist/defender of Final Fantasy XIII (for reasons I could go on and on for! but hey, another time.)

Dang...we're really only a few days away from one of the biggest Nintendo game releases in recent history. Thursday night is gonna be so legit.
That will be Friday morning for me. Getting off work, getting in line at Target...I really hope I don't screw myself over since its supposed to snow later this week where I live lol

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I’m curious what are everyone’s top 5 favorite, underated games?
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Ninjatown
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
can metroid fans just not be satisfied by anything??
I'll be satisfied when Mother Brain is a boss, now that Ridley no longer is!

I was pretty pissed about US/UM.

I'm a Gotta Catch 'Em All guy. Now normally, the 2nd release of a Pokemon generation doesn't actually add new Pokemon. So I usually just skip them. Which helps a lot with avoiding burnout.

But this time, they stuck in 4 new Pokemon. Enough that I HAD to play through the entire game again(and it was the same game, again, unlike, say, Black and White 2 that actually had new stories). But not enough to feel like it was actually worth my time.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, as a guy whose first Fire Emblem was FE7,
could you please
PLEASE remix this song.

And maybe add Lyn in Season 2 to come with it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I still wonder if Sakurai, or Nintendo for that matter, will ever reference StarTropics again. Most we've gotten in 28 years is one sticker in Brawl, VC rereleases, and the NES Classic..
The fact that the game was never released in Japan hinders it pretty badly in general compared to other rare Japanese only releases.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Ninjatown
Hmm,
StarTropics
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
Glory of Heracles DS
Conker's Bad Fur Day

At least off the top of my head

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective.

It's a short experience and a one-time game, but holy ****.
IT'S A REALLY GREAT ONE TIME.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i am unsure of what i would consider underrated as a game since most of my favorite games are at least fairly successful

but i know that number one on my top 5 underrated games list is wonderful 101

osby

Smash Obsessed
i really dislike how persona 5's main personas were just kind of boring compared to the fun mythology based ones in the previous games

i am far more interested in seeing how they translate abstract gods than how they translate zorro
Ultimate Personas are still a thing.

My top 10 Worst Games I've Played:
  1. Mindjack
  2. Metroid Other M
  3. Final Fantasy 13
  4. Devil May Cry 2
  5. DmC: Devil May Cry
  6. Mass Effect: Andromedia
  7. Resident Evil 5 & 6
  8. Personas 2, 3, 4, and 5
  9. Fire Emblem Fates
  10. Fire Emblem Awakening.

Not to some people, it seems lol.
I'm pretty sure eighth entry is five games.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The fact that the game was never released in Japan hinders it pretty badly in general compared to other rare Japanese only releases.
One big reason I wanted Sakurai to hand over the keys to the franchise to someone else is for this reason. I feel like he overlooks a lot of franchises that could make some fine additions. Especially western made games. (I mean I know StarTropics was still Japan made but y'know) I'm just grateful we got Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dark Samus though. They're probably as close to the west as we'll ever get.

osby

Smash Obsessed
One big reason I wanted Sakurai to hand over the keys to the franchise to someone else is for this reason. I feel like he overlooks a lot of franchises that could make some fine additions. Especially western made games. (I mean I know StarTropics was still Japan made but y'know) I'm just grateful we got Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dark Samus though. They're probably as close to the west as we'll ever get.
If his successor is Japanese, I doubt it will change much.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
i am unsure of what i would consider underrated as a game since most of my favorite games are at least fairly successful

but i know that number one on my top 5 underrated games list is wonderful 101
I cannot ****ing believe I forgot about The Wonderful 101. That game is a masterpiece.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate Personas are still a thing.

I'm pretty sure eighth entry is five games.
Yeah I know. Ties in lists are bull**** and all that. I don't care about it anymore man.
Okay, as a guy whose first Fire Emblem was FE7,
could you please
PLEASE remix this song.

And maybe add Lyn in Season 2 to come with it.
I'd be down for a remix (or reochestria?) of the Black Knight's theme.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
only two of those characters are made by a western studio, ridley's personality in smash is like specifically based on a manga

little mac is one i will give you even if he wasn't technically made by a western studio

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Ninjatown
Trails of Cold Steel
Mario Party 9
That’s all I can think of honestly

Is 999 underrated? Because if so, that too.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If his successor is Japanese, I doubt it will change much.
I was more thinking of him giving it to Retro Studios because I'm confident they can succeed in just about anything at this point...

Yes, even if it takes them 5+ ****ING YEARS.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The problem is I think your going to have that issue with the vast majority of Japanese developers and I don't see them moving Smash's development to a western company.

If Startropics had survived beyond it's two games it might have had enough of an impact to grab more international attention but unfortunately the series kind of cease to exist after the two games that were released. Probably because the 2nd game was released on the NES far far too late into the consoles life cycle in March of 1994. Startropics met the same fate as alot of late released NES titles as Japanese developers failed to realize how quickly the West would abandon old hardware.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I cannot ****ing believe I forgot about The Wonderful 101. That game is a masterpiece.
honestly my top five underrated games might just be platinum/clover games because they're all super good and underappreciated, but wonderful 101 is my absolute favorite game they've made

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was more thinking of him giving it to Retro Studios because I'm confident they can succeed in just about anything at this point...

Yes, even if it takes them 5+ ****ING YEARS.
Did Retro studios make any good fighting games? Just curious.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know who's a Japanese fighting game developer that has a taste for the West?

Harada.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
That will be Friday morning for me. Getting off work, getting in line at Target...I really hope I don't screw myself over since its supposed to snow later this week where I live lol
If y'got a set of wheels, just be a good defensive driver, mind corners and you'll be just fine. Have a blast with the game. As someone who got a chance to check it out a couple of times, it feels good. Cloud and Sonic are obvs picks for me, but I can't wait to keep at it with Zelda.

Signed,
a guy from alberta where one day it'll decide to drop 2 feet of snow on you overnight.
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Ninjatown
That's even tougher for me. But let's see... May not necessarily be my TOP 5, but some underrated games I liked all the same.

Fate/Unlimited Codes
Clayfighters 63 1/3rd
Halo 4
Yoshi's Island DS
Monster Truck Madness

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m curious what are everyone’s top 5 favorite, underrated games?
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Ninjatown
Ooh ooh here's one I can do.
  • Custom Robo Arena
  • Wipeout for Wii
  • Nintendoland
  • The Legendary Starfy
  • Crash Bandicoot Tag Team Racing

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Ninjatown
Okay Shadow King
Dark Cloud
Legend of Legaia
Conker's Bad Fur Day
StarTropic

Yet I'm pretty much a hardcore RPG person so that makes sense lol

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'd be down for ANY TELLIUS REMIX.
EVER.

COME ON. EVEN ROY GOT A REMIX.
Plot twist, Thracia 776 gets a remix baby.

Thracia, PoR, and RD are the only FE games to not have remixes iirc.

Though that’s only if you include the FE 1, 2, and 3 remixes with 11, 12, and 15.

Edit: wait nevermind, Thracia has a portion of one of its themes mixed into the Meeting Theme Series Medley.

So it really is just Tellius.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, absolutely. But Stalwarts is better quality so.
Yeah, I'm just saying that if they do remix it, which they totally should (and also make it his victory theme), they should call it "With Us"

purely out of history.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
For me it’s

Legend of Legaia
Custom Robo
Ninjatown
One springs to mind for me:

boxart_us_the-legendary-starfy.jpg

I would have played the other games in the series were it not for the fact that none of them were localized.

ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, NINTENDO! AND STOP PRETENDING TO NOT EXIST, TOSE!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Y'know whose a Japanese fighting game developer that has a taste for the West?

Harada.
Can I just ****ing say how ****ing excited I am to ****ing hit people with a ****ing baseball bat?

I am Negan

If y'got a set of wheels, just be a good defensive driver, mind corners and you'll be just fine. Have a blast with the game. As someone who got a chance to check it out a couple of times, it feels good. Cloud and Sonic are obvs picks for me, but I can't wait to keep at it with Zelda.

Signed,
a guy from alberta where one day it'll decide to drop 2 feet of snow on you overnight.
I usually drive in the snow/ice post-shift, so I'll be fine. Just have to proceed with caution. Good thing that Best Buy (where I'm getting my amiibos) are literally right across the street so I don't have to do much for two hours in between

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
One springs to mind for me:

View attachment 181215

I would have played the other games in the series were it not for the fact that none of them were localized.

ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, NINTENDO! AND STOP PRETENDING TO NOT EXIST, TOSE!
I think he is an assist in Smash 4, not sure if he is in Ultimate. The Starfy games are pretty fun as I play the Japanese GBA games. It is just that the final boss in the DS games is f***ing impossible.

I guess Starfy faded away after platformers became more niche.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
SPOILER SEE AT OWN RISK !!!!

Watched another vid on World of Light, if you take the Sheik route there is a bridge master hand destroys can be fixed if you get a certain spirit which is Bord, Cord and Barst to fix it after thqat you get Jigglypuff the character across the bride still looking for the quickest choice between Marth, Sheik and Villager to get to Greninja

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom