• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Lemme up on that one

1. Superman 64
2. Batman Forever
3. Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt (It got old after awhile)
4. Crash Boom Bang (this comes from a Crash fan)
5. Shaq Fu
6. Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
7. The Walking Dead: Survival Instant
8. Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-Traction
9. 50 Cent: Bulletproof (I borrowed from a friend and gave it back after one day)
10. Any CoD games

THAT is bad. Bad enough that I owned most of them and got rid of them as soon as I realized I needed to get them away from me

So Chrom doesn't count?
He does count.

When I say, "Set of character additions" I'm more referring to when the characters are added rather than what they're added to.

So it's like this:
64: None
Melee: Marth, Roy
Brawl: Ike
Smash 4 Base Roster: Robin, Lucina
Smash 4 DLC: Corrin
Ultimate Base Roster: Chrom
Ultimate DLC: ???

Of course, if we go by game alone, and not account for differing development periods/times, then each game since 64 has a new FE character with no exceptions.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i really dislike how persona 5's main personas were just kind of boring compared to the fun mythology based ones in the previous games

i am far more interested in seeing how they translate abstract gods than how they translate zorro

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do I need to play Persona 1 to 4 to enjoy Persona 5? Always had a small interest in it.
Nope.

Buuuuuuuut, it will make going back to those games REALLY hard with all the QoL improvements P5 had.

I will say though that I really enjoyed the plots of P2 and P3 and the gameplay of P4.

Haven't... really gotten into P1 a whole lot. Can't seem to bring myself to do it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm going to ask you to step the **** aside.

Persona 5 is hands down, one of the most well written games of this generation in the PS4 and deserves the high amount of praise it gets. I've played the game 3 times (currently on my third run to try to finish the Platinum trophy but it will take some time) and never got tired of it. The storyline fits the modern day era in a comparison where people aren't doing their job the way they should

If you don't like the game, then something is SERIOUSLY wrong with you
Bro lay off. He's allowed to not like the game. You and I may disagree with him, but he's got a right to his opinion.

Also P5's story lowkey kinda sucks. Like, it's okay, maybe even good, but one of the most well written? That's funny. The common consensus between P4 is that it's got better writing, but P5 has better gameplay so it balances out.

I'm more worried about the fact that it's a top 10 list with 14 games. It's not a top 10, it's a top 14.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Note to self: Think twice before you list games you like and don't like.

Well, anyways, how do you all plan to spend the next 4 days left? Knowing my luck, I'm probably going to spend it going to college and work.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*cough* Chrom *cough*
Chrom does count.

When I say, "Set of character additions" I'm more referring to when the characters are added rather than what they're added to.

So it's like this:
64: None
Melee: Marth, Roy
Brawl: Ike
Smash 4 Base Roster: Robin, Lucina
Smash 4 DLC: Corrin
Ultimate Base Roster: Chrom
Ultimate DLC: ???

Of course, if we go by game alone, and not account for differing development periods/times, then each game since 64 has a new FE character with no exceptions.
^^^
I probably should have elaborated on what I meant a bit more in my original post.

I'm super excited for Chrom BTW, he's looking really fun!
FEA was my first FE too, so it'll be fun finally having him in with Robin and Lucina.
Tomorrow, we meet at noon.
This town aint big enough for the both of us.
Wouldn't it make more sense to meet 12 hours after that?

This is Persona 3 we're talking about after all.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Well, anyways, how do you all plan to spend the next 4 days left? Knowing my luck, I'm probably going to spend it going to college and work.
Doing the most stupid thing I can think of. Doing a run of Bayonetta as Little Zero

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Backbeard? That's a weird name.
its a transliteration from the word bugbear to japanese, he's supposed to rule an army of western monsters and i guess a bugbear is kind of a progenitor of monster myths i guess

anyway watch gegege no kitarou

Bionichute

Smash Champion

doing what i do every day, slowly die

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bro lay off. He's allowed to not like the game. You and I may disagree with him, but he's got a right to his opinion.

Also P5's story lowkey kinda sucks. Like, it's okay, maybe even good, but one of the most well written? That's funny. The common consensus between P4 is that it's got better writing, but P5 has better gameplay so it balances out.

I'm more worried about the fact that it's a top 10 list with 14 games. It's not a top 10, it's a top 14.
Oh I'm sorry, are you triggered? Too bad I'm allowed to express myself on here just like him so lay off

P5 hits me pretty well with how written it is and I consider it a Top 10 RPGs and Top 10 for me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wouldn't it make more sense to meet 12 hours after that?

This is Persona 3 we're talking about after all.
Well I'm not a Persona user so I'd be a coffin. Not sure about him, but I aint risking it.
its a transliteration from the word bugbear to japanese, he's supposed to rule an army of western monsters and i guess a bugbear is kind of a progenitor of monster myths i guess

anyway watch gegege no kitarou
Heh, called it.
Don't know jack-all about that though, other than it's got a reboot?

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh I'm sorry, are you triggered? Too bad I'm allowed to express myself on here just like him so lay off

P5 hits me pretty well with how written it is and I consider it a Top 10 RPGs and Top 10 for me.
You blatantly said that there was "something wrong" with the guy who thought Persona 5 sucked.

There's expressing yourself, and then there's insulting people. You're passionate about Persona 5. I get it. If someone's opinion hits you THAT hard? You're the one that needs to step back for a minute or two. The world doesn't end because someone trashed your game. It's disappointing, sure, but leave it at that. You can be better.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
My top 10 Worst Games I've Played:
  1. Mindjack
  2. Metroid Other M
  3. Final Fantasy 13
  4. Devil May Cry 2
  5. DmC: Devil May Cry
  6. Mass Effect: Andromedia
  7. Resident Evil 5 & 6
  8. Personas 2, 3, 4, and 5
  9. Fire Emblem Fates
  10. Fire Emblem Awakening.

Not to some people, it seems lol.
I don't think DmC is that bad. It's competent, but it's a 'try hard' with one moment that is absolutely atrocious.

Other M should be #1 on your list, though. The series is dead. It will never return to what it once was.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
nice you went from dude i can disagree with and not really hold anything against to dude that has no worthwhile opinions on anything
And I'd give a **** because?

So what do you do to pass the time until Ultimate releases? I usually just watch videos of Jontron, Game Grumps with Jontron, Robin Williams stand up, and TearofGrace's Super Mario 64 Chaos Edition playthrough.
I'm usually working third shifts so this will help me pass the time with that plus my sleep schedule. Other than that, trying to pass the time finishing up Walking Dead game, Pokemon Ultra Sun, and Tales of Symphonia while doing my weekly Smash stuff

The world doesn't end because someone trashed your game.
:joyful:

LMAO take a chill pill. It's ONE ****ing game and comparing that to the end of the world is quite extreme which is nowhere near my level

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

While I don't agree with the fact that Alastor was clearly trying to start ****, I don't agree with you trying to force your opinions on people either.

Alastor is allowed to hate Persona 5. You're allowed to Like Persona 5.

And you can both live in the same world whilst doing so without challenging others for no reason.

It doesn't need to be like this.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I don't think DmC is that bad. It's competent, but it's a 'try hard' with one moment that is absolutely atrocious.

Other M should be #1 on your list, though. The series is dead. It will never return to what it once was.
samus returns? prime 4?? pretty big thing to say when the series seems more alive than ever

D

Deleted member

Uh, did you miss Samus Returns and Prime 4? I'd say Metroid is the opposite of dead right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

While we don't know if Prime 4 will be good yet, Samus returns was a solid game.

Sure it had a few flaws, but it was quite the fun experience, IMO.

Metroid isn't dead yet. It's still alive and kickin'.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I didn't see him on the list. ST seems like the one glaring series omission to me.
Now that you bought it up, Mike Jones is long overdue and would be an excellent retro choice and a choice that not many people would suspect (except Smashboards)

FreeFox

Smash Lord
While we don't know if Prime 4 will be good yet, Samus returns was a solid game.

Sure it had a few flaws, but it was quite the fun experience, IMO.

Metroid isn't dead yet. It's still alive and kickin'.
I cant wait to see the new metroid. I wonder if they will go back to Prime´s less action driven style or use a similar one to Samus returns.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Now that you bought it up, Mike Jones is long overdue and would be an excellent retro choice and a choice that not many people would suspect (except Smashboards)
Oh I don't think he deserves to be playable. But he definitely deserve a Spirit. Way less important series and characters have Spirits already.
My top 10 Worst Games I've Played:
Personas 2, 3, 4, and 5
I like how, even though each one is one of the worst games you've ever played, you keep playing every game in the series.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Drop the bickering over Persona. Now. It doesn't belong here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Nah you've got a right to do that. Some people are just jerks. I'll share mine to be with you:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon
  • I honestly forget the name of this one, but it was a Wii shovelware mini-game collection game. It had this one BS mini-game where you had to trace a shape using the wii remote and it was so inaccurate but the CPUs could always do it flawlessly. Absolute bull****.
I can't really think of any other games that I've played that I either actively dislike or regret playing besides these three.

Okay guys please roast me and call me names for expressing my valid opinions please.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Oh I don't think he deserves to be playable. But he definitely deserve a Spirit. Way less important series and characters have Spirits already.
And it took Lip 17 years to FINALLY get something more than the Lip Stick for Panel de Pon

So that's at least a progress. I'm wondering if they will even consider an attire for Mii Fighters with Mike Jones as an appreciation to remind the fans that Sakurai knows about StarTropic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom