• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What's this about 2014 being the cut off for DLC characters? I thought the point of DLC was to incorporate characters that for one reason or another, could not be in the base game . If they did not start them until shortly before the game was finished, then it shouldn't really have mattered when they were released. However, on the bright side, it would throw the "Nintendo will just pick characters for marketing purposes like with Corrin" thing out the window.

Looking at my list of potential characters, most of them were in games long before that, but they're also spirits. Honestly, either Spirits mean nothing at all, or we're just getting those few bizarrely missing spirits (Porky and co.) and 3rd parties. I really hope Monster Hunter is not the Capcom rep though, mainly because it would ruin the chances of mah boi Phoenix Wright with Edgeworth as an echo. Those two are the only non-pipe-dreams I genuinely want who aren't spirits.
Basically, there is rumours floating around in the insiders circles, that so far, no DLC rumoured characters are Characters past 2014.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Basically, there is rumours floating around in the insiders circles, that so far, no DLC rumoured characters are Characters past 2014.
Is their release year just a coincidence?

Zeox

Smash Champion
It is confirmed that there will be spirits being added as promotion for games, such as pokemon let's go with a pikachu and eevee spirts... now the question is, can they do the same but instead of spirits, extra alts? some people would really love to have fire mario back or Ridley's cut palettes from the demo

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, who is your favorite Echo Fighter? Mine is :ultdarksamus:.
I think I'll go with my top three.

:ultken:: the original echo fighter, and one of three that I would have had no problem with if they were included. (the others being Octolings and Jeanne from Bayonetta)

:ultlucina:: this is mainly based on Smash 4, but I find her much easier to use than Marth.

:ultdarksamus:: getting Ridley was great, and I seriously wasn't expecting more playable characters from Metroid. It definitely makes up for how the series was more or less ignored on that front since the original game. (there's Zero Suit Samus, but she's the same person as Samus)

osby

Smash Obsessed
It is confirmed that there will be spirits being added as promotion for games, such as pokemon let's go with a pikachu and eevee spirts... now the question is, can they do the same but instead of spirits, extra alts? some people would really love to have fire mario back or Ridley's cut palettes from the demo
No, considering they made the alt selection uniform for everyone. I doubt they'll add new ones unless they add them to everyone, which is kinda implausible.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So does that mean one of the characters will have been introduced in a game released in 2014 (or shortly before it)?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
So, who is your favorite Echo Fighter? Mine is :ultdarksamus:.
:ultrichter: always liked the dude and I prefer his adventurer look over Simon's barbarian one
:ultdarksamus: still surreal to me that she's in at all, really appreciate the revamped animations
:ultlucina: BEST WIFE BEST LIFE
Yes please, you've no idea how disappointed I am that Fire Mario and Charcoal Ridley were gutted. I don't get it, what's the point of cutting alts?

D

Deleted member

That narrows it down to every speculated character that isn't FE.
Literally the only FE characters to debut after 2014 are the FEH OCs and the Three Houses characters though lol
and, like, berkut, fernand and conrad but who the **** honestly cares

Celica is still in the run and Hector is gonna SMASH the competition aside.
Is their release year just a coincidence?
I'd be willing to be so because no one can really read a bunch of Nintendo execs' thought processes(as it was Nintendo who chose the DLC fighters, not Sakurai)

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
You know, if insiders are saying no rumored character was created after 2014, doesn't that technically mean a character created in 2014 is rumored?

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
It is funny, as I hear some of the Palutenas Guidance conversations in Smash, I can almost hear the sound of Pit using one of his uprising weapons firing in some weird Uprising Chapter where Dark Samus is the boss at the end. Maybe i have just played Uprising to much....No, that is impossible. That game is gold plated platinum.

D

Deleted member

then you play playstation allstars because its actually a good game
Man, this isn't even an opinion, you're just, like, objectively wrong.
No, considering they made the alt selection uniform for everyone. I doubt they'll add new ones unless they add them to everyone, which is kinda implausible.
I could see everyone getting new costumes tbh. Miis being the only ones to grt them in Smash 4 was kinda weird and not reaply the rule for fighters.
So does that mean one of the characters will have been introduced in a game released in 2014 (or shortly before it)?
This is actually a logical assumption to make based on what we know so we better start digging guys
Screenshot_20181203-130015~2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Quite interesting when combined with how they said that there's one newcomer who would be classified as a promotional pick (or shill as they put it). I don't give two ****s about Sylux, but with the 2014 cutoff shoving both Fire Emblem and Pokémon out of the way he's the only one I can think of that fits the criteria.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Quite interesting when combined with how they said that there's one newcomer who would be classified as a promotional pick (or shill as they put it). I don't give two ****s about Sylux, but with both Fire Emblem and Pokémon out of the way he's the only one I can think of that fits the criteria.
The promotional Pick was Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia who Compete against Llyod Irving apparently for a Namco rep.
The rumour want that it's the only two namco rep that float around for Namco. No one else, no tekken, nada.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Quite interesting when combined with how they said that there's one newcomer who would be classified as a promotional pick (or shill as they put it). I don't give two ****s about Sylux, but with both Fire Emblem and Pokémon out of the way he's the only one I can think of that fits the criteria.
Mined Craft Steven

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yes please, you've no idea how disappointed I am that Fire Mario and Charcoal Ridley were gutted. I don't get it, what's the point of cutting alts?
That’s what happens when you limit everyone to 8 costumes. Ridley’s two alts were simply placeholders that were never meant for the final game it appears.

It’s a shame since I liked the green one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The promotional Pick was Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia who Compete against Llyod Irving apparently for a Namco rep.
The rumour want that it's the only two namco rep that float around for Namco. No one else, no tekken, nada.
Right, this all went down while I was asleep, so I can see I've missed quite a bit.

D

Deleted member

So the Square character and Lloyd/Yuri are basically guaranteed to be one of the 5 DLC characters? How trustworthy is the source of the Tales of character rumour?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
That’s what happens when you limit everyone to 8 costumes. Ridley’s two alts were simply placeholders that were never meant for the final game it appears.

It’s a shame since I liked the green one.
Seems like a waste of time and resources to make two costumes that were temporary. I'll say that Mecha Ridley wasn't a huge loss but Meta Ridley doesn't really resemble the charcoal skin beyond the wings.
I suppose my favorite echo is Shad-oh wait...nvm...guess I’ll go with Pimp Mama :ultdaisy:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Now I know you're just ****ing with me
the stages are more creative and lively than any stage in smash bros history, the characters are portrayed as accurately as possible, and the level of fanservice is generally way better than smash is. the devs of psabr cared more about the individual franchises they had to work with more than sakurai does, at least more obviously. ultimate is the first time we're even getting shown that the devs care for things other than fire emblem, kid icarus, and metal gear

Honestly what video game character besides Shovel Knight debuted in 2014. I’m struggling
tibby from rhythm heaven megamix

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So the Square character and Lloyd/Yuri are basically guaranteed to be one of the 5 DLC characters? How trustworthy is the source of the Tales of character rumour?
There no real basis for the Llyod/Yuri.
They're not guaranteed or whatever for them
What's strange however is that It just happens that basically, most sources heard about those two names, and only those two names and no one else for a possible Namco rep.

Only the Square-Enix rep seems to be "guaranteed" so far

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Look at this.

This is the next peak evolution of Ganoncide.

The Chromcide combo.
We all thought Chrom’s Up B was a nerf from Roy.

But in fact, it was a BUFF!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom