• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Been at work and missed a lot of discussion about the "leak". I'm really unconvinced by the animations, unless they're preliminary animations to be replaced at a later date. I watched the video Tyrannomon uploaded and used YouTube's function to slow the video down, and the jump and landing both look really stiff. The back air animation is good, but every other animation really rubs me the wrong way. From my own opinion, I think Spring Man's bouncing back and forth is a little too exaggerated as well.
The camera tracking Spring Man also seems a little off to me. I would've expected it to zoom out to compensate for his vertical position change rather than just shift up a little. Maybe that's just me, though.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the size of the stage in the Spring Man "leak". That thing is tiny! How are you supposed to have 4 player matches on a stage that small?
If the springs on the outer ring are part of the stage too, its about the right size.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the size of the stage in the Spring Man "leak". That thing is tiny! How are you supposed to have 4 player matches on a stage that small?
You're not. You're supposed to have 8-player matches.
:troll:

Honestly I find it odd how I haven't seen any major youtuber talk about it yet.

kylexv

Smash Master
Just took a peek at the last five pages of this thread. And....there's stuff that makes it look legit and stuff that makes it look fake.

This is truly Rayman Leak 2.0 (if it's fake, which, in my opinion, it probably is).

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Reddit first knew about this 3 hours ago. How did that happen? Nothing about it on YouTube yet. Kind of strange...

In the hay day there would chaos

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No "take-downs" happened yet, and there are so many flaws even for a developing Nintendo game coming out soon that I think the leak is fake.

The leak is interesting, but fake.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I took a look at the footage in slow motion.

For those of you who say that Spring Man's jump looks too high, I may be seeing things, but I swear that for a brief second in that video, you can see the ring in the air that signifies that Spring Man did a double jump.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This thread is like one hell of a flashback right now.

I'm getting ESRB leak, I'm getting Rayman ''leak", Palutena leak, just...all of em in on big burrito of leak.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I took a look at the footage in slow motion.

For those of you who say that Spring Man's jump looks too high, I may be seeing things, but I swear that for a brief second in that video, you can see the ring in the air that signifies that Spring Man did a double jump.
What slo-mo really does is just make the lack of animations glow. No landing animation, no jump squat animation, no double jump animation.

The thing about things like jump squat or landing animations is we don't know if the game will have any.

For some ungodly reason we still have 0 gameplay footage so for all we know this game took the Smash For complains ot the extreme and dramatically reduced landed landing lag and stuff lol.
:061:

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What slo-mo really does is just make the lack of animations glow. No landing animation, no jump squat animation, no double jump animation.
You think so? Because in slow motion, I can pretty clearly see jump-squat and landing animations. Granted, they're really short, but I assure you they're there.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The ESRB leak was those screenshots of the 3DS CSS unveiling the full roster, wasn't it?
As well as small videos of Bowser Jr and I think later Shulk? Another newcomer had a video as well.

Edit: Decidueye does in fact move and is not completely stiff. He turns to the audience, then to the camera. And while he's idle? His wings appear to be moving.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
As well as small videos of Bowser Jr and I think later Shulk? Another newcomer had a video as well.

Edit: Decidueye does in fact move and is not completely stiff. He turns to the audience, then to the camera. And while he's idle? His wings appear to be moving.
The videos came a decent period after. Like a good week or two.

See if Sakurai was nice and gave us some goddamn gameplay footage instead of making us wait for over a month with nothing but a small teaser we would easily be able to tell how fake this leak is by comparing it to footage. . .

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
You think so? Because in slow motion, I can pretty clearly see jump-squat and landing animations. Granted, they're really short, but I assure you they're there.
I mean yeah, they exist, but they're reeeally choppy and last almost no time at all. At full speed you can hardly tell they happen. Again, as I said a couple posts ago, those have to be incomplete animations, which is possible. Smash 4 launched with incomplete animations.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If this is real...

I hope they get that lady back to soulfully sing ''Oh" and ''Nah" over and over again with so much soul that James Brown raises from the dead.

Give me a remix of the main Arms theme Sakurai. You know you want to.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean yeah, they exist, but they're reeeally choppy and last almost no time at all. At full speed you can hardly tell they happen. Again, as I said a couple posts ago, those have to be incomplete animations, which is possible. Smash 4 launched with incomplete animations.
Yup. I think the Bowser Jr. gif I posted a few pages ago is the most glaring example of that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See if Sakurai was nice and gave us some goddamn gameplay footage instead of making us wait for over a month with nothing but a small teaser we would easily be able to tell how fake this leak is by comparing it to footage. . .
If you think about it, that means if this leak is real, this is the first actual gameplay footage of Smash Switch that is seen to the public.

Now if only it didn't have new characters as is, so the surprise of them would not be ruined.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I guarantee you that if this is fake, that's exactly why the leaker posted it when they did.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you think about it, that means if this leak is real, this is the first actual gameplay footage of Smash Switch that is seen to the public.

Now if only it didn't have new characters as is, so the surprise of them would not be ruined.
Somewhere in Japan if this is real Sakurai is going to be preparing his ***** face for the actual Smash presentation.

Just like he looked so dead angry at us all for the Ryu, Lucas, Roy DLC presentation. His whole demeanor in that seemed really off and as if he was trying to burn us alive.

This if real will be 97 times worse.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Imagine spending a month on something like this and then the day before you're done real gameplay footage comes out.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone notice that the stage looks it it has aspects slightly there to the Omega Boxing Stage in Smash 4?
It looks like an extremely modified Boxing Ring omega stage.
I mean the fans appear 3D, but are actually 2D. Also the TV aspects and the corners of the stage looks very similar.

Also look at the pause picture. The pause buttons look quite similar to the Smash 4's pause except a little more modified to make it look different?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Somewhere in Japan if this is real Sakurai is going to be preparing his ***** face for the actual Smash presentation.

Just like he looked so dead angry at us all for the Ryu, Lucas, Roy DLC presentation. His whole demeanor in that seemed really off and as if he was trying to burn us alive.

Sakurai says, as he announces that Smash 5 is cancelled and the Smash Bros series will never again see the light of day.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Thank you. I definitely remember the videos. Nintendo must have felt afraid that they'd leak the game some more seeing as it happened multiple times in weeks (with both screenshots and videos) and wanted to catch the leaker ASAP.

If today's leaks are legit, I think the one who captured the footage is better off not making more stuff public or they'll really have to be wary of consequences.

Also do we have evidence that both the Spring Man screenshot and the Ice Climbers ones were leaked at the exact same time in the same place? When I see the gap in quality I can't help but feel like somebody saw the former and decided to slap the HUD onto their own fake leak asap

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Would Nintendo really strike the videos ASAP ? This action means to recognize the video as a valid leak and would hardly helps to hide the video at long-term, as people would keep uploading and talking about it.

Maybe we see Decidueye and Spring Man faster as soon as they show the game, now... when Ryu and Roy wee leaked, they rushed their inclusions.
-------
My major problems with the video are not enough to justify it as false,and this is a good sign for the leak itself.
Still doesn't understand the usage of a old Nintendo Gamecube controller and Decidueye height. Is he really taller than a trainer? In this leak it seems that he would have large hurtboxes.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fonts are different and bigger. The white borders are new.

Even the button icons are different.

A LOT went into this. Like a whole whole lot.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Eh I feel for him, he has that old school touch - he wants to surprise, but in this day and age...you have to adapt. Especially when people will want their 5 seconds of Smash fame with leaks.

His comments about the Subspace Emissary just striked me as someone who didn't get the internet. I mean, it was 2008, YouTube was still fairly new I suppose...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I thought the Rayman "leak" was the most effort I'd ever seen people take for the sake of a leak, but this takes it to a new level.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Member of Sakurai's team: Hey. Where'd the boss go? I haven't seen him in a few hours.
Other member: -shrugs-

Sakurai:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Some things seem different just for the sake of it.

Instead of "Paused: P1" it's now "P1 Paused."

Instead of "Button Combo Quit" it's now "Quit Button Combo."

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Maybe the lack of official footage is to punish us for our past transgressions, being ESRB leak and Roy/Ryu/Lucas leaks. :p Sakurai wants to watch us suffer.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Some things seem different just for the sake of it.

Instead of "Paused: P1" it's now "P1 Paused."

Instead of "Button Combo Quit" it's now "Quite Button Combo."
exactly, and the button promps flipping to the other side for no reason other than being different

D

Deleted member

I praise Sakurai for making Smash Bros. Switch.
Helped me feel a little more... "alive".

Back to talking about the leak.

I thought the Rayman "leak" was the most effort I'd ever seen people take for the sake of a leak, but this takes it to a new level.
The Rayman one was very impressive and I did not know how they managed to add another character slot.
If someone who sounded like Xander said "Rayman" In exactly his voice, I think the leak would of been more nuts.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Does anyone notice that the stage looks it it has aspects slightly there to the Omega Boxing Stage in Smash 4?
It looks like an extremely modified Boxing Ring omega stage.

I mean the fans appear 3D, but are actually 2D. Also the TV aspects and the corners of the stage looks very similar.

Also look at the pause picture. The pause buttons look quite similar to the Smash 4's pause except a little more modified to make it look different?
The stage is a recreation of the actual Arms stage as shown

But there are a bunch of differences. I'll repost incase you missed:

Heres a zoomed in image to show the stairwell doesnt wrap under the stage like it does in the left. Also notice the crowds sections have dividers in them in the image to the right, while the one in Smash is not divided this way. Also the sprites in the crowd are in different locations

I think its safe to say its not a modded version of the Little Mac stage

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The stage is a recreation of the actual Arms stage as shown

But there are a bunch of differences. I'll repost incase you missed:

Heres a zoomed in image to show the stairwell doesnt wrap under the stage like it does in the left. Also notice the crowds sections have dividers in them in the image to the right, while the one in Smash is not divided this way. Also the sprites in the crowd are in different locations

I think its safe to say its not a modded version of the Little Mac stage
Nice job. At first glance, it's an easy theory.

But now I'm buying this more and more.

Now if only we could get more info on BOTW Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom