• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Gosh it's been so long since I've seen a good (albeit most likely fake) leak. I feel like I was just dunked in the fountain of youth and my life has started anew.

I'm hoping this might be the start of leak season because I'm thirsty for more leaks.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don’t think either Spring Man or Rex/Pyra will be in the base game tbh due to project plan timing, they feel more like DLC picks while characters from the late Wii U era/current 3DS era seem more likely to be in the game. (Current as in Decidueye, Celica, etc.)
Not to come across as unappreciative or anything, but this Smash is going to have a pretty terrible list of newcomers if Sakurai focuses mainly on late Wii U/3DS era characters.

I see one of two scenarios happening. The first is that Sakurai used the ballot to decide the newcomers. The second is that Sakurai didn't finalize the roster beforehand like he did with other Smash games because he wanted to add characters from upcoming Switch games.

I don't know which of the two is more likely, but I can't see the Smash community favoring a roster of just Decidueye, Elma, Celica, and Captain Toad. There NEEDS to be another major factor aside from 2016-relevant characters.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Not to come across as unappreciative or anything, but this Smash is going to have a pretty terrible list of newcomers if Sakurai focuses mainly on late Wii U/3DS era characters.

I see one of two scenarios happening. The first is that Sakurai used the ballot to decide the newcomers. The second is that Sakurai didn't finalize the roster beforehand like he did with other Smash games because he wanted to add characters from upcoming Switch games.

I don't know which of the two is more likely, but I can't see the Smash community favoring a roster of just Decidueye, Elma, Celica, and Captain Toad. There NEEDS to be another major factor aside from 2016-relevant characters.
The ballot was stated to be used for future titles back then. This is where it would come in.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The ballot was stated to be used for future titles back then. This is where it would come in.
Yeah this is what I’m guessing at.

A combination of characters handpicked from the Ballot, as well as some relevant picks to keep with the times.

Who knows though, maybe Sakurai will disregard relevancy just to add a roster consisting of just Ballot characters, who really knows.

I will say, at the very least this has reaffirmed my desire to see Spring Man in smash. for some reason every time I imagined it Spring man's proportions were really wonky or he was just really big. I have no idea what the **** is wrong with my imagination, but seeing this in movement makes it so much easier to visualize.
:061:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Obv that's why we're gonna be getting Ridley.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I thought, what if we get Lyn just because of the Ballot, I feel it to be a bit of a possibility though of course the most relevant is Celica.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Can we get someone to make gifs with the springman animations side by side with the corresponding mac ones? I feel like they're not the same. How far along is smash 4 modding? Do we have any modded stages as intricate as the one in the video?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's great to see momentum come back now with the first picture "leak".

But I still hope for some info soon.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Who knows though, maybe Sakurai will disregard relevancy just to add a roster consisting of just Ballot characters, who really knows.
Possibly, but I'd keep your expectations low. The Brawl and Smash 4 rosters were heavily influenced by relevancy, and I'm preparing myself for the same thing this time too.

People who expect us to get those "K. Rool and Ridley just got confirmed" levels of hype are at a high risk of getting disappointed.

Obv that's why we're gonna be getting Ridley.
Well, he is the only character that matters. ;)

Chrono.

Can we get someone to make gifs with the springman animations side by side with the corresponding mac ones? I feel like they're not the same. How far along is smash 4 modding? Do we have any modded stages as intricate as the one in the video?
There's a Wolf mod out there that's pretty good.

I think this is the first full PSA mod.

EDIT: Wait you said stages.

Well nvm me then.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There's been a sizable number of fake pictures or text leaks, but ran into an interesting one - clear photos, video footage that's pretty decent.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/413200996#p413200996 - Source thread

Video:

Edit: Video isn't loading? It's in the source post, really the most important thing here

I think this looks like a fake to me. The animation for Spring-man looks a little bit off.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
There's a Wolf mod out there that's pretty good.

I think this is the first full PSA mod.

EDIT: Wait you said stages.

Well nvm me then.
No no, your post is still useful, I wasn't aware that PSA's were going around for smash 4. Tho, I did mean modded stages lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That looks fake, I couldn't exactly tell since I'm on mobile right now, but the switch dock on that video for its thumbnail looks like it's not even on, if it was it should be glowing green instead of just being dimmed down.
Pointed out earlier in the Newcomer Speculation thread. Can anybody confirm this bit?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean, there are some extremely well done stages.

Like so; https://gamebanana.com/maps/192883

But honestly if this was a mod, that would easily be the best looking Stage so far, because the lighting is really good.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Not only is the lighting really good, bit the crowd looks and moves exactly as it does in ARMS
Not to mention the textures on the ring/mat being really detailed...

For real if this was done using mods, I really want the creator to release that stage later down the line :V

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Everyone is talking about the video, but there is also the pictures of Ice Climbers and Mario with Cappy on the Brawl Yoshi's Island stage to talk about. Those seem pretty fake to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everyone is talking about the video, but there is also the pictures of Ice Climbers and Mario with Cappy on the Brawl Yoshi's Island stage to talk about. Those seem pretty fake to me.
It's possible they had fake stuff put in so they wouldn't easily be caught by Nintendo/etc. It's actually common for leakers to throw in fake stuff to avoid legal issues down the line. Albeit, it's annoying for us, but understandable for them.

D

Deleted member

You know, those Ridley mods are cool, but it is going to be weird for Ridley to be in the size zone of Bowser, DK and King Dedede. Ridley is so much bigger than them. I mean look at him in the Subspace.
RIDLEY.jpg

Than again, Olimar was 1.9 centimeters and his size was increased so he can fit the roster. But still. :lol:

This could just be me though, but what the developers can do is say that Ridley was shrinked a bit by Master Hand so that Ridley can fight with the others.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know I get an impression that these are fake, but at the same time I want to see Photoshopped Little Mac 2: Electric Boogaloo™ for the meltdown.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's possible they had fake stuff put in so they wouldn't easily be caught by Nintendo/etc. It's actually common for leakers to throw in fake stuff to avoid legal issues down the line. Albeit, it's annoying for us, but understandable for them.
Happened just last month with Ridley. We still don't know if those guys from Resetera were joking around or doing damage control after they blatantly hinted Ridley. Probably the former, but it still makes you question the way they responded to the situation.

This could just be me though, but what the developers can do is say that Ridley was shrinked a bit by Master Hand so that Ridley can fight with the others.
Honestly, the development team doesn't have to fabricate a random story to explain why a character isn't represented to a T. They could make Captain Toad jump, and I doubt anyone would scour through the entire game to find a canon reason why his inability to jump wasn't present in the game.

It'd be a neat little acknowledgement though. I always appreciated the Smash games indicating that Ness learned his Smash moves from Paula and Poo.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Than again, Olimar was 1.9 centimeters and his size was increased so he can fit the roster. But still. :lol:

Olimar is not a good comparison. Olimar being scaled up is not the same because he is already very humanoid to begin with and his body is proportionate besides his head being exceptionally larger but it isn't enough to **** with the upscale. You could easily pass Olimar off as 3 feet tall if we were not already given his actual size.

D

Deleted member

Oh snap 8th gen time
Edit:
Do not use Verisifly in your sources at all. Also there is no way that is possible.
People are too eager on a new generation, USUM was not that long ago.
Honestly, the development team doesn't have to fabricate a random story to explain why a character isn't represented to a T. They could make Captain Toad jump, and I doubt anyone would scour through the entire game to find a canon reason why his inability to jump wasn't present in the game.

It'd be a neat little acknowledgement though. I always appreciated the Smash games indicating that Ness learned his Smash moves from Paula and Poo.
It would, I guess. I mean if they made Sonic swim, I guess they can make Ridley's size thing work out. I do not know actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I just want to say that all Generation 8 leaks are fake.
USUM was not that long ago and people are already expecting another generation reveal soon.

Back to Smash Bros.....
Olimar is not a good comparison. Olimar being scaled up is not the same because he is already very humanoid to begin with and his body is proportionate besides his head being exceptionally larger but it isn't enough to **** with the upscale. You could easily pass Olimar off as 3 feet tall if we were not already given his actual size.
I can make Ridley the size of Charizard and say "Ridley is very Charizard-like".

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also there is no way that is possible.
That's a little presumptuous. 7 gen is over, with the reveal of Zeraora.

Why people think Smash is going to promote a pokemon generation that will soon be outdated upon the games is beyond me. That has never happened as far as I know.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Can you list any examples? I have never seen this kind of stuff happen.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I thought, what if we get Lyn just because of the Ballot, I feel it to be a bit of a possibility though of course the most relevant is Celica.
The ultimate problem is the timing of the ballot. We have a solid prediction of when Sakurai made his project plans to be somewhere in the middle of 2016. And we know that he tends to stick as close as possible to it when it comes to newcomers, except for one major exception and a couple of minor ones. The major one being Sonic in brawl.

The ultimate problem is that the ballot was in 2017. And before then IS had no idea about the huge popularity of Lyn. They were expecting Lucina to win. Sakurai would have to deviate from his project plan, and would he do that for someone like Lyn, especially if he potentially has a different fire emblem character planned anf maybe even designed?

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I just want to say that all Generation 8 leaks are fake.
USUM was not that long ago and people are already expecting another generation reveal soon.

Back to Smash Bros.....

I can make Ridley the size of Charizard and say "Ridley is very Charizard-like".
They have very different proportions though. Zard's wings are much smaller in comparison to Ridley's wing span. I'm not talking like in actual size but proportion to the rest of each of their bodies. There are other attributes like Zard having thicker legs and Ridley having very lanky ones. Zard having a smaller head but a much longer neck while Ridley has the inverse ect.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And Omni curbstomped this.

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.