• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY some GODDAMN ATTEMPTS AT LEAKS

It's been way too ****ing long. But here we have gameplay AND pictures. Good ****. Leakers are stepping up their game from "just putting known renders on the CSS sloppily"
:061:

ShadowKoopa

Smash Rookie
There's been a sizable number of fake pictures or text leaks, but ran into an interesting one - clear photos, video footage that's pretty decent.

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/413200996#p413200996 - Source thread

Video:

Edit: Video isn't loading? It's in the source post, really the most important thing here

Just gotta say while I don't think it's real this is really well done. The UI is different and nothing looks like it's been straight up ripped from somewhere. Good effort to whoever made it. The only thing I dislike is Spring Man's stance looks weird IMO.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't think that's the pokken render. But since they have the model, it's relatively easy to make a render from a model.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
There's been a sizable number of fake pictures or text leaks, but ran into an interesting one - clear photos, video footage that's pretty decent.

Video:

Edit: Video isn't loading? It's in the source post, really the most important thing here

The video could pass as an early build, but could easily be another hack job. Those other screenshots definitely are fake and assuming they came from the same guy the whole things gotta be fake. Mario looks really bad there lol

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Video:

There is a lot of effort put into this... but the animations look incredibly stiff for this to be real.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
These are the kind of leaks I was talking about last night. I think this one is an obvious fake, but I'm so happy someone finally put some hard work into one. Thanks, leaker. You the real MVP

I think its fake because Spring Man's idle animation is bad and the ARMS stage is microscopic. Also, I don't believe Cappy will always be visible on Mario, and the Mario model itself looks like it was ripped straight out of Odyssey, which I doubt Sakurai would do. They have always made their own character models.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'll at least give the guy credit for making this look realistic.

However, the quality of the Ice Climbers, the rough animation for Spring Man, and Decidueye's strange height (I know Sakurai fudges the official heights in Smash, but how the heck does a 5' 3'' Decidueye tower over Spring Man!?) leads me to believe this is fake.
pretty sure the decidueye model is ripped from pokken and that's why he's weirdly tall lol

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
AT LAST, DELICIOUS LEAKS

Well, fake ones anyway.

Not much to say. Clipping and size issues, stiff as hell animations, Mac's Back Air, GameCube support this early on (Obviously it'll happen, but I don't think a dev build like this would have it), etcetc. This is a dang good looking fake, but a fake nonetheless.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think it's weird because I'm pretty sure it registers the Gamecube controllers as pro controllers in the UI and stuff.
Well perhaps they made some edits to the Switch's gamcube adapter driver. This would technically be an in-development copy, so that update wouldn't necessarily need to be public yet.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Whoever made the video and images, they're surprising well done. However, I don't believe it to be real; Spring Man's idle pose just seems really weird/unfinished, and I feel as though his back air is extremely similar to Little Mac's. And as mentioned earlier, Decidueye seems really tall in comparison to Spring Man... which doesn't exactly seem right height wise when it should be the opposite.

As for the other images, well... I don't think those are real either. Mario's render does seem to be a bit off and the Ice Climbers lack a shadow at that height when they should have one. Also, the spark next to Mario as he does his Forward Air seems to be a bit too far away from him at the point when he initiates the move; the spark should be closer to him.

That's just my opinion here, though.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The worst part about this leak is that my first instinct is "it's an edited Little Mac" and im getting some bad flashbacks from saying that.

Ah, the beauty that was the ESRB leak...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
playing devils advocate here, maybe the reason why Ice Climbers don't have a ground shadow is to make the game run better if someone's playing them.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I also find it off that there are Ribbon Girl supporters in the audience.

ARMS always had the audience dress up based on the two fighters present. I don't see why they would add Ribbon Girl supporters specifically. It would either be all or none of them in a setting like Smash, I think.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Not to mention the fact that I don’t think Spring Man will be in the base game, but as DLC, but that’s besides the point.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I will give credit where it's due: As far as I can tell, the render for Spring Man used in that leak is original, or at least heavily edited. I can't find any render of Spring Man with his head in that position and with that expression.

Staarih

Smash Master
Obviously fake but issa cool since a) we have a ”leak” to discuss and b) it has Spring Man in it.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Also, Cappy being out for Mario is off putting. If they were to add Cappy, I think he'd only show his eyes in moves involving him, like with Odyssey. You can't just permanently cover up the iconic M on Mario's hat, it may as well be the series logo.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also Mario looks like he was ripped straight from Odyssey and contrasts too much with the other characters (Also I’d expect Inklings to be leaked before any other new character)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ice Climbers will almost certainly have a new fuzzy shader on their parka fringe. Even their Smash 4 trophy has some. Basically the same way DK's and Diddy's fur is done, expect that on the Ice Climbers

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Between this and BitBlock's leak (regardless of how you feel about the guy - it was well done), I'm just more impressed with the quality this go-round.

Smashified should make another fake leak. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait when was this? Source?
https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2018/3/26/17164492/arms-nintendo-switch-interview-kosuke-yabuki

Will we see, as is frequently speculated, an Arms fighter appear in the recently announced Super Smash Bros. for Switch, and if so, who?

According to my notes, Yabuki’s answer to this line of questioning was prefaced with “intense forehead rubbing.”

“I think the correct reaction is to say ‘I can’t answer that!’” Yabuki said. “Another thing I’d say is that Arms is so young — it’s only a year old — that maybe it’s too early to think about that. But I think it’s absolutely fantastic that there are people out there talking about Arms characters in that way.”

bolded the quote that is relevant

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's really hard to say about picture leaks right now due to how extensive some Wii U mods are.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Honestly with all high quality mods out there for Smash 4, video leaks like this just arent enough lol i mean it looks cool, but ehh im not sold

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At this point I'm just going to dismiss this as a mod. Mainly the Ice Climber and Mario screenshots are a dead giveaway.

Though I would like to see the Springman and Decidueye mods available, they look high quality.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For reference sake, there are no Spring Man mods (that I know of) for Smash 4, and the only Decidueye mod I can find looks like this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we got a leak just about as we were running out of topics.

So should we run though the list again and see if that makes another appear?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For reference sake, there are no Spring Man mods (that I know of) for Smash 4, and the only Decidueye mod I can find looks like this.

It is possible these are private mods at this time. Which would make sense why you can't find them.

It's possible they'll turn up later. But who knows.

Polan

Smash Lord
Spring Man's animations being janky as **** could be due to him being a really late addition. We could be looking at a repeat of Sonic in Brawl if he gets in. But yeah. pretty much the only thing we can do right now is wait for Nintendo's response. If they attempt to take it down, it's real. If they ignore it, it's fake.

D

Deleted member

I'm curious, who's in the know about the Smash 3DS & Wii U modding scene? DasKoopa isn't but maybe whoever is can decipher further if they can confirm it's a mod or not.

Not that I believe this mind you.
Spring Man's animations being janky as **** could be due to him being a really late addition. We could be looking at a repeat of Sonic in Brawl if he gets in. But yeah. pretty much the only thing we can do right now is wait for Nintendo's response. If they attempt to take it down, it's real. If they ignore it, it's fake.
I can't see this being something Nintendo would push through. If they did, I would be concerned about the game as a whole is turning out if Spring Man's animation is that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom