• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As one of the people who have seen Polar's connections.

I know their ties to Nintendo, I have seen their personal information and social media, face, name, everything.

I have no ****ing reason to lie.

Look I been here since the end days of Brawl's speculation period.

Why would I lie about seeing this ****?

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

Polar isn't lying, his info could be wrong, as could anyone's, but he's certainly not lying.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know Fatmanonice shared some info about how they know he's legit, but I can't find the post.

Basically they have a name and face, probably other stuff if I forgot. They can verify the source works at Nintendo.

I, however, have nothing, as I never asked Panda for info myself. While I feel I can keep a secret, I don't wanna risk slipping (and also I never really cared to bother).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Smashing Ramen, your new avatar, it's... it's something, alright...
Believe it or not, I didn't make it...
So about twenty minutes ago, I was just curious and decided to search my username on the site to see if y'all were talking about me...
Let's just say this was one of the top results
Apparently, it was made by Kingslime304 Kingslime304 about a week or two ago, and I never noticed it for some reason... I'm so glad I found it now, and I wish I found it sooner...
While I'm here talking about this, I want to thank Kingslime304 for this glorious masterpiece

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So...Thoughts on the new Kirby hats?
Kinda disappointed with Isabelle's, not gonna lie. It just looks weird. (I can also say the same for ZSS)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
From what I understand numerous members have confirmed they're verified. As in ones I can @ and mention.

That's all I gotta say though.
Then @ them right now. I refuse to trust PolarPanda after how he handled himself when Blog Theory was the big thing and especially not now after he leaked what was supposed to be a private conversation.

EDIT: I saw Fisher, and I believe him, but I'd like to see more.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it funny you have a hard time trusting the scenario just because he did something I even told him was questionable when the leak circuit isn't exactly a friendly place this time. Everyone's doing and saying some really funky **** this time around. God's sake Verge being enough of an asshole despite having an on point track record should tell you that.

On top of that? Polar isn't even saying anything wild. He's not saying Geno is in. He's saying that there have been talks of Geno going on in private Nintendo channels and that his connection heard these talks.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then @ them right now. I refuse to trust PolarPanda after how he handled himself when Blog Theory was the big thing and especially not now after he leaked what was supposed to be a private conversation.

EDIT: I saw Fisher, and I believe him, but I'd like to see more.
How does this prove he's lying? This proves you can't really trust him to keep information secret. But lying?

There's two trust-based situations here. Two different points to consider. So far, we have no reason to believe he's lying. We have a good reason not to trust him with more information, as he's leaking private stuff.

Why shouldn't we trust he's telling the truth here? You haven't proven he's a liar or give any reason to believe so.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Believe it or not, I didn't make it...
So about twenty minutes ago, I was just curious and decided to search my username on the site to see if y'all were talking about me...
Let's just say this was one of the top results

Apparently, it was made by Kingslime304 Kingslime304 about a week or two ago, and I never noticed it for some reason... I'm so glad I found it now, and I wish I found it sooner...
While I'm here talking about this, I want to thank Kingslime304 for this glorious masterpiece
He then followed up with this...

Zinith joins the delet fught in thus prt. 2

View attachment 179068

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I know I pretty much have no sway in this conversation, but I'm gonna post my opinion anyway.

I do think that PolarPanda is telling the truth about this list. I do think that these are the 7 characters that Verg had. That's just from me inspecting his posts and the overall conversation.

However, what I call into question are the names on the list. While I can see any of the 7 characters on that list getting in, I'm not entirely convinced that any one of those characters is a clear-cut frontrunner. All of them have something holding them back.

There is still a chance that we don't get a Square rep at all. DLC is an entirely different beast that the base roster.

While I do believe Verg has reliable sources, I'm unsure of how well they know the DLC, since we, as a community, don't know when the DLC was finalized, which can significantly alter the mindset of speculation.

But again, that's just my opinion.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So Monolith playing along and putting censored/Spirit Mythra in XC2 is the best **** I've seen in a long while.

I love monolithsoft so much

D

Deleted member

Numerous users verifying the list, of those include Fisher, and Hitagi also confirming it should have beem enough to confirm it as legit. The info inside it may be not, and that's not on anyone who has seen it, but it certainly exists and is the one Verge has had for all this time.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't see what's even unbelievable about the list anyways.
If Square Enix was going to use names to bait out leakers, these are the characters they'd use, no one else would believe obscure names.

Roberk

Smash Champion
>They actually added Mythra censored from SSBU (A.K.A supérior Mythra) as a DLC costume for Xenoblade 2

So, there is a god in this world. Someone who recognize the best taste of human kind?
Why can't other Nintendo studios be as based as Monolith Soft?

Edit: According to some Anon, the costume is called "Massive Melee Mythra". If this is true, then Monolith Soft totally knows what they are doing and it's wonderful.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just my two cents on the situation...

I definitely understand having caution with leaks, especially in a case where you're out of the loop since it feels like information is being withheld from you. However, I also do feel that it does pay to listen to your peers who do know better and have given you no reason to not believe them, and knowing what I know about everyone who's in the loop, all of them have long since proven to be members of the community who do try their best to seek out the truth and thus would have no reason to believe someone unless they had good reason to do so. So if everyone is saying PolarPanda has sources, I think it's best to take their word for it, what they know proves his legitimacy and it's enough for them to give him their faith, and for that reason I think we do owe him at least the same benefit of the doubt they're giving him right now.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
How does this prove he's lying? This proves you can't really trust him to keep information secret. But lying?

There's two trust-based situations here. Two different points to consider. So far, we have no reason to believe he's lying. We have a good reason not to trust him with more information, as he's leaking private stuff.

Why shouldn't we trust he's telling the truth here? You haven't proven he's a liar or give any reason to believe so.
I never said it proved he was lying, all I said is that it shows that there's no reason to trust him. As far as I'm concerned, trust is a universal thing and he's proven he's not deserving of it. I'd treat anyone else the same.
Oh boy more leaks?
Anything new or just doubling down on info we already got?
I find it funny you have a hard time trusting the scenario just because he did something I even told him was questionable when the leak circuit isn't exactly a friendly place this time. Everyone's doing and saying some really funky **** this time around. God's sake Verge being enough of an ******* despite having an on point track record should tell you that.

On top of that? Polar isn't even saying anything wild. He's not saying Geno is in. He's saying that there have been talks of Geno going on in private Nintendo channels and that his connection heard these talks.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
I quoted Idon Idon 's post because here's what's going on.

I've always been skeptical of leakers despite my innocent until proven guilty stance. Some of it could also be my own biases stemming back to the Theory Wars (I can't believe I just typed that) wherein Panda and his supporters white-knighted Blog Theory as if it was infallible and got the entire community's hopes up.

Regardless, I trust you to tell the truth and I believe that you're doing that here, so I'll drop this point.

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
Well this was interesting lol.

Personally, any and all leaks are false until proven otherwise. People are very good at bluffing and with how vague the internet can be, anything's possible.

Or impossible.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I don't see what's even unbelievable about the list anyways.
If Square Enix was going to use names to bait out leakers, these are the characters they'd use, no one else would believe obscure names.
I wonder if people will lose their jobs due to this. Didnt Verge said that SE were harsh with leaks?

I still am hoping that Verge will say something about this list.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Panda did believe Blog Theory could be true, but he was more-so predicting based on a number of calculations.

There was a calculation that fit Box Theory, just he believed in the optimistic chances.

Tbh we could all get our hopes up based on nothing; imo I'd be disappointed either way if I didn't see my favorite character make it in (already was with Skull Kid, but his AT being buffed aesthetic-wise and his cool Mii Costume made it up for me, although it'll never be the same as Skull Kid himself. Was also disappointed in other characters not making it in).

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder if people will lose their jobs due to this. Didnt Verge said that SE were harsh with leaks?

Well they can't really fire everyone who works there.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

It's possible.

It all depends on how many people leaked the info and how many people Square is willing to fire for that info (whether it's true or false) getting out to the public.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So...Thoughts on the new Kirby hats?
Kinda disappointed with Isabelle's, not gonna lie. It just looks weird. (I can also say the same for ZSS)
I like the Simon, Ridley, and Inkling hats just fine, there's no glaring issues with either of the three and Kirby pulls off the hair of the former pretty well.

Isabelle I agree the puff should've had something alongside it, it's not bad, it just looks plain compared to the majority of Kirby's other hats.

K. Rool and Incineroar got the short end of the stick. I can't exactly put my finger on why Incineroar doesn't appeal to me, but K. Rool really should've had the eye at least as without it the hat looks weird and even offputting in some respects.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Hey guys, what's going on-
>leaker discussions

yo what the ****? Why are we still discussing about polar? We know that he's legit because he leaked the Vergeben mysterious square enix rep list and that he also confirms that hitaghi wasn't prob misled on. And that's even few users vouched for him as legit because they have known of polar's nintendo source.

Still, this is unexpected discussion that I was hoping to avoid at this because I really believe that he's legit, if there's more evidences that he's even more legit, hit me up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom