• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I still think we will get some sort of Smash Bros announcement at The Game Awards. It seems interesting that they would tweet about Smash Bros, if they had no intentions of mentioning it during the awards. It’s possible it could just be another trailer, or it’s possible it will be the first DLC. It’s not out of the realm of possibility, as Breath Of The Wild had it’s DLC revealed at The Game Awards.
I would assume maybe at least a release date for PP could be likely. Though getting some Smash DLC announced there I think is somewhat likely anyway.
For a second there I thought you had said we might get BoTW Smash DLC and I thought Mipha and then re read it and got sad. lol

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Any one else think a list of seven square reps isnt even interesting info... Basically takes the top seven speculated square characters and saying its one of these... Idk seems lame as heck to me...
God this take is so dumb
Yes because we ACTUALLY considered Sephiroth, Crono, and even the Luminary before this.
Oh wait. We didn't. That's not a thing that happened.

What matters is that our speculations are confirmed.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Huh so we may get something revealed at the VGA?

Place your bets folks!

Banjo-Kazooie in response to their 20th Anniversary
Sora in commemoration to Kingdom Hearts III
Sylux announced alongside Metroid Prime 4
The crazy part is we may get a new KH3 trailer at The Game Awards. Its not confirmed, but The Game Awards have mentioned KH3 in the past. Also Tetsuya Nomura released a tentative trailer release date. One of them is supposed to take place on the 10th of December, but its possible we may get it instead on the 6th which is The Game Awards. Either way it looks like The Game Awards is going to be exciting in terms of new game content.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes they did.
:ultpiranha: dlc releasing early confirmed

Nah, it's one big reference to the English Smash titles.
She looks so much better with these small changes

D

Deleted member

So tired of this "actually characters will be revealed because it's their anniversary or they're getting another game reveal"
This rarely ever actually happens for Smash I can't even remember the last time it did

It's more than likely none of them
Pretty sure it was Robin for an anniversary actually. And Isabelle for a game announcement(and the only one too)

Untouch

Smash Master
Just saying, Nintendo still hasn't formally announced that they're publishing Dragon Quest Builders 2 in the west yet...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
God this take is so dumb
Yes because we ACTUALLY considered Sephiroth, Crono, and even the Luminary before this.
Oh wait. We didn't. That's not a thing that happened.

What matters is that our speculations are confirmed.
I do recall Sephiroth brought up a few times before. A lot didn't take the suggestion seriously but it was brought up anyway. Though a lot here have gone to great lengths to dismiss just about any SE character so I would be amazed if any past Sora or Smash's puppet boy Geno to have gotten any serious talk regardless.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna put this out there:

Xenosaga Trilogy remaster/remake is announced.
KOS-MOS is revealed as a DLC character for Ultimate.

Make it happen Bandai Namco/Nintendo.
I dont think the game awards but maybe next year we'll see it. It's only a matter of time now if that trademark is anything to go by.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
All I know is that when/if (Hopefully not) the next smash game comes, I am going to hard core support Dracula.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I am still hoping that the new question is about whether people are buying the Fighter Pass or not. I want to see if there are more people ready to gamble besides me.
I already bought it, Im not too concerned about the DLC. Anyone added at this point is just the icing on the cake. Also can't be worse than Injustice 2's fighter pass in where they added Raiden from MK over Static.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Xenosaga Trilogy remaster/remake is announced.
KOS-MOS is revealed as a DLC character for Ultimate.

Make it happen Bandai Namco/Nintendo.
Nah. Nahnahnahnahnahnahnah.

Kingdom Hearts: The Story so Far and Kingdom Hearts 3 ports are announced.
Sora is revealed as a DLC character for Ultimate.

Make it happen Square Enix/Nintendo.
There we go. That's more like it.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I already bought it, Im not too concerned about the DLC. Anyone added at this point is just the icing on the cake. Also can't be worse than Injustice 2's fighter pass in where they added Raiden from MK over Static.
Static didn't get in thanks to rights shenanigans

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
>speculates since March about who is going to be in the game
>the Square List is basically who was speculated to be in the game
>upset that speculation actually did a decent job of narrowing down the list, leading to it not being that surprising

No offense, but:
Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 5.50.53 PM.png

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I would have likely bought the fighter pass if it was available to buy separately at this point. But it wasn't when I looked so Im likely going to pick it up when I get my game in

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All I know is that when/if (Hopefully not) the next smash game comes, I am going to hard core support Dracula.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if some sort of Dracula/Alucard speculation fandom rivalries are formed lol. Castlevania's kinda full of potential characters who would work really well in Smash.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
AND ATOM
OVER PLASTIC MAN

Still mad
Honestly think Red Hood, Starfire, and Black Manta were great additions. A were the TMNT just because that was cool. More MK characters and Atom and Enchantress kind of made a lot of it meh at best to me. All the cool picks were overshadowed by self advertising characters who already have their own fighters. Hellboy was neat though.

Though I gave up on the game before it all even released

D

Deleted member

Ok, fine, argue all you want that we technically discussed Seph and Crono in passing even though we've just been going over Sora, Geno and Slime/Erdrick. But I want to know whom the **** even knew Luminaria existed before the list.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if some sort of Dracula/Alucard speculation fandom rivalries are formed lol. Castlevania's kinda full of potential characters who would work really well in Smash.
MAKE. CASTLEVANIA. THE NEXT. FIRE EMBLEM.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Static didn't get in thanks to rights shenanigans
Hmmm interesting, if im not mistaken Static was being worked on. One of the artists from the game even released an image of what he would have looked like. Still though had they at least chosen Black Lightning over Raiden, people would not have been as angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom