• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Animal Crossing is not exactly my type of game but it does so many things good. Especially character designs.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
It’s been so long since I’ve played any of my Animal Crossing games. I bet my neighbors are mad. And probably my Nintendogs too...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The only franchise in Smash I just can't get behind in any capacity is Fire Emblem.

It does absolutely nothing for me beyond Awakening. Awakening was the one game so far.

D

Deleted member

The only franchise in Smash I just can't get behind in any capacity is Fire Emblem.

It does absolutely nothing for me beyond Awakening. Awakening was the one game so far.
You and I have similar thoughts, except for me the entire 3DS run was abysmal and the Tellius games are the only two FE games I like.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I like pretty all Nintendo series I've played, but I just can't get into F-Zero.
And Ice Climber. It's in Smash, so it counts.

You and I have similar thoughts, except for me the entire 3DS run was abysmal and the Tellius games are the only two FE games I like.
Did you like Shadows of Valentia? I only ask because it's so different from the other two 3DS FE games.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What about Yoshi? Do you have any strong feelings either way about Yoshi or any Yoshi reltated properties?
Nah Zinith hates Yoshi.

There's nothing Zinith despises more than Yoshi, everyone knows that.

/s

Isn't it obvious?

D

Deleted member

I like pretty all Nintendo series I've played, but I just can't get into F-Zero.
And Ice Climber. It's in Smash, so it counts.

Did you like Shadows of Valentia? I only ask because it's so different from the other two 3DS FE games.
Not really. Story was kinda there, and the gameplay was a mixed bag. Map design is pretty bad too. Characters are kinda boring, but still slightly better than Awakening and Fates casts.

We're 7 days/1 week away folks. The official countdown finally now begins. ;)
It has come around really quick, in general the whole year has flown by.

In pretty much a week I'll be able to use Ridley and K.Rool in a Smash game! As a long time Smash and Nintendo fan who has been involved in speculation since late Melee this is pretty amazing, in particular with the latter whose last mainline appearance in a big title was nearly 20 years ago. Surreal and it shows if you fight hard enough and if things fall your way then crazy things can happen.

Truly shaping up to be the ultimate Smash game, can't wait! :grin:

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Never really been a fan of Metroid. The series just doesn't draw me in. Doesn't help that Im not really big on Sci-Fi in general. And as for other big ones, the Mario & Luigi RPGs don't really do it for me either. Not even sure why tbh, but as far as RPGs go (which I generally like) they just don't really appeal. Otherwise I like most everything. Barring things like Ice Climbers and whatnot. And despite the fact that the IPs got revived I've never actually played Punch Out or Kid Icarus.

Oh, also Splatoon isn't really my thing either.

D

Deleted member

So uh.
I guess the Mythra censorship only spawned more art.

How can one man have all this power. No literally, I'm genuinely starting to become a bit afraid how much Sakurai has a power grip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So uh.

How can one man have all this power. No literally, I'm genuinely starting to become a bit afraid how much Sakurai has a power grip.
It's not Sakurai specific.
Less we forget a ****post comic making fun of the supercrown spawned an entire wave of r63 bowser.

D

Deleted member

It's not Sakurai specific.
Less we forget a ****post comic making fun of the supercrown spawned an entire wave of r63 bowser.
Nah man, after Piranha Plant I'm just convinced Sakurai has transcended above Kojima levels of masterful ****ery. He knows. :dazwa:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So uh.

Frankly, I like both variations of Mythra, being an artist guy who likes to add variances to each of his female OCs.

osby

Smash Obsessed
i cant believe sakurai only himself made the entire super smash bros ultimate
Did you forget that "development team" he always talks about. I mean, all of them are Sakurais, but it still counts.

Now it would be great if I could understand what are those names they show at the end of the Classic Mode.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Question about the Miis.

I really like the look of the default Miis on the character selection screen. Are those Mii's available to use or do I need to recreate them?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Question about the Miis.

I really like the look of the default Miis on the character selection screen. Are those Mii's available to use or do I need to recreate them?
I think we’ll need to recreate them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So uh.

Definitely better

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
welp looks like we have our first infinite combo on ultimate and it was even found before the release date
https://streamable.com/u09v8 Btw, this video is 1 frame so expect it to be slow
Why am I surprised that some people have gone to analyize some frames and new potiental combos just found this infinite that is 100% going to be patched instantly?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh, speaking of Miis. Does anyone know which Mii Fighter uses the Yarn Yoshi Costume yet?
No, but I’m willing to bet it’s Brawler.

I don’t see that costume working with Gunner or Swordfighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom