• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey, Prime has a dope soundtrack. I will fite u on this, m8. :p
Both soundtracks are good but they play completely different roles.

Fire Emblem has sweeping orchestra and strong melodies while Metroid is meant to convey atmosphere.

It's incredibly easy to see why one may like one and not the other. They're about as different as country and rap.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the reason I'm not on good terms with Fire Emblem is because the 3DS games broke me. I went in with such high expectations, only to be let down immensely. I guess you could say they, along with Other M (that accursed game), taught me not to not get my hopes and expectations high.
Metroid could have get more spotlight, if, you know, there was a game to market.
Yeah. Whatever the goddamn hell is taking them so long to reveal it, it better be worth it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you people forget that Samus Returns exists, was marketed and sold well?

Yeah, you probably forgot cause it wasn't a Prime game.

Figures.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well yeah, it's more supposed to be ambient than anything else.
Lots of radio static, haunting wails, dragged out notes, that kinda stuff.
****'s spooky.
Oh I know, lol. It does what it does incredibly well and incredibly fittingly, but it's just not my thing, you know? :p Come to think of it, space as a whole was never really my setting of choice.

Perhaps it's because it's easier to look to the past with a medieval setting as opposed to a futuristic one, as the former avoids the inescapable feeling of marching towards one's own demise, the regrets piling up that maybe if your life had gone differently, your future would be brighter. Instead your future is as bleak as a starless night sky, devoid of a light at the end of it all, and it's all purely your fault because you didn't turn back when you could've. Thus we stick with the past because the past is constant and unchanging, remaining sturdy no matter how we wish to change it, providing complacency.

Or maybe space just bores me aesthetically. Who knows, really?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Perhaps it's because it's easier to look to the past with a medieval setting as opposed to a futuristic one, as the former avoids the inescapable feeling of marching towards one's own demise, the regrets piling up that maybe if your life had gone differently, your future would be brighter. Instead your future is as bleak as a starless night sky, devoid of a light at the end of it all, and it's all purely your fault because you didn't turn back when you could've. Thus we stick with the past because the past is constant and unchanging, remaining sturdy no matter how we wish to change it, providing complacency.
I just like aliens

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh I know, lol. It does what it does incredibly well and incredibly fittingly, but it's just not my thing, you know? :p Come to think of it, space as a whole was never really my setting of choice.

Alright, space Fire Emblem, got it.

LetterO

Smash Lord
The fact that Undertale is that popular in Japan makes the possibilities of DLC not too bad. I don’t think one will be in the Fighter’s Pass, but I do think a character from it would be the most likely Indie rep.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Again.

Ya'll should just be like me and like pretty much every Nintendo IP in Smash aside from Animal Crossing.

:4iggy:

D

Deleted member

Again.

Ya'll should just be like me and like pretty much every Nintendo IP in Smash aside from Animal Crossing.

:4iggy:
.....I only like Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Golden Sun.

I'm going to get roasted for this, aren't I?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have you seen DOC'S JAB?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's glorious. I'm so ready for this.
WHAT IN THE ****?!?

HIS ARM IS BIGGER THAN HIS ENTIRE TORSO!

This... this is just weird.

osby

Smash Obsessed
.....I only like Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Golden Sun.

Nope, you're free to like whatever you like. In order to get roasted, you must do what I do, and say you like Wii Fit.

WHAT IN THE ****?!?

HIS ARM IS BIGGER THAN HIS ENTIRE TORSO!

This... this is just weird.
He's a doctor after all.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

That depends.

What are your opinios on Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Dark Dawn?

Roberk

Smash Champion

Would you still like Awakening if they went with the Mars setting concept they had for it?

Alright, space Fire Emblem, got it.
Damn it, :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That depends.

What are your opinios on Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Dark Dawn?
Skyward Sword's good. I didn't like Xenoblade X's writing, but it's gameplay was solid. No opinion on Dark Dawn as I have not played it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Skyward Sword's good. I didn't like Xenoblade X's writing, but it's gameplay was solid. No opinion on Dark Dawn as I have not played it.
Okay. I get to roast you for the XCX opinion. That's all though.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay, hang on.

Apparently Sonic is now fast enough to run on Big Blue without the Bunny Hood.

What.

I know he's supposed to be the fastest character, but just how fast did they make him!?

Apparently Spirit Train is actually faster than Big Blue (Note: source needed on this one), so I dunno if he can run on that too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pfft! Animal Crossing? Animal Crossing's for babies! /s
Nah. It's high quality product that's designed to create pleasant and relaxing experiences for its users.

The gameplay loop just isn't for me.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Both soundtracks are good but they play completely different roles.

Fire Emblem has sweeping orchestra and strong melodies while Metroid is meant to convey atmosphere.

It's incredibly easy to see why one may like one and not the other. They're about as different as country and rap.
Can I say that I enjoy both? :p

(I mean the game music. I don't listen to country or rap lol)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Nah. It's high quality product that's designed to create pleasant and relaxing experiences for its users.

The gameplay loop just isn't for me.
lol I was kidding. I know it's for people of all ages. I actually enjoy AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom