• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyone find it weird that Mr. Game & Watch's Blog entry only shows up in the Asian Pacific region on the website?
And even then, it's glitched up.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Before going to sleep,
I have to leave you with.. some surprise. Turned out, that someone managed to get hold of ****ING. E3. DEMO. VERSION OF SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE.
For comprisation:
Treehouse or whatever official nintendo gameplay that shows this

some random streamer's switch home screen

just found on /r/smashbros leaks megathread. But I'm sure that this must be ****ing prank, right? RIGHT?
Well that's interesting. How would they even get a hold of it?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait, is Mr. Game and Watch not on the blog yet?!
Strange, I clearly remember him being on the blog at this point.
Mandela Effect.

.....I only like Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Golden Sun.

I'm going to get roasted for this, aren't I?
No, because you like Golden Sun which makes you a man of culture.

Try some Donkey Kong Country though.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
.....I only like Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Golden Sun.

I'm going to get roasted for this, aren't I?
Hm, analysing...

Analysing...

Yeah, no, those are some damn solid choices. Especially Golden Sun. Don't find a lot of us anymore. If you do get the shot though Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Odyssey, are all masterpieces in their own right. I mean, every single series present in Smash is worth checking out but those 3 are the most mainstream I can think of. Personally, some of my personal favorites would be Pikmin 3, Earthbound, Punch-Out!! Wii, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Odyssey, Majora's Mask, Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade 1, F-Zero GX, and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. A lot of those aren't that easy to get ahold of.

Opinion on the 3rd parties?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, but, from a technical standpoint, Ganon and Giga Bowser aren't Ganondorf and Bowser, they are unplayable boss characters whereas Marx would look the same as he does in his boss fight.

Bear in mind, Marx is one of my most wanted Kirby characters (along with Adelaine, but I know she won't happen)
Another counter-point to that: Marx's animations in Kirby Star Allies portrays him rather tame compared to his Boss antics. I'm going to assume size isn't an issue since your concern stems from the general shape being the same, but you would only really see Marx's wings pop up briefly every time he "jumps" and recovers. His boss attack shenanigans would either be heavily nerfed to playable status or just cut here and there to make room for some of the more "light-hearted" stuff he can do in Star Allies.

The only thing realistically stopping him from being "promoted" is Sakurai's seemingly-stubborn stigma on representation, so no amount of DLC will change anything in Ultimate that isn't a Fighter already. "If it's in the game in the form of something else, that's good enough, so deal with it or wait until the next entry if I remember or care. NEEEXT!" - Mashpotato Samurai

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When we got the idea of Vegeta surpassing Goku, power-wise for the first time in the series since their first battle, that was a rather cool concept. As hokey as GT was, the writers understood the issues of making Goku too powerful as a writing issue, which became the problem of Super, where after they couldn't just redo the two movies, we had an emo Kai who was butthurt about mortals and a story about a gray alien being the most powerful guy around.

On the plus side, with Season 2 of FighterZ DLC very likely, I am looking forward to SS4 Goku and Vegeta being introduced in the game, completing the list.
Unfortunately, the guy who correctly leaked all of Season 1's DLC before even the first pack was announced also allegedly had information on season two. If he's correct, these are what we're getting:

Cabba, Califla/Kale (team) Videl/Great Saiyaman (team), Roshi, Zarbon, Raditz, Tapion, and Gogeta.

While Gogeta could be the SS4 version from GT, I'd bet money that it's the new SSB Gogeta instead. Which is dumb, because we already have SSB Vegito, but, whatever.

Personally, I'd kick Zarbon and Tapion out and replace them with King Piccolo and Omega Shenron. Bundle Roshi and King Piccolo together as a Dragonball era pack, then SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron as a GT pack. Cabba and Califla/Kale are a Super pack and Raditz and Videl/Great Saiyaman make the final Z pack. Bam. Everyone gets something.

But that makes too much sense so of course Bandai won't do it.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, catching the Cross as soon as you land with an aerial might cancel your landing lag. Just saw it being pointed out in a video where the guy Down Aired with Richter and immediatelly started to run left and Up Smashed as he caught the Cross.

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, the guy who correctly leaked all of Season 1's DLC before even the first pack was announced also allegedly had information on season two. If he's correct, these are what we're getting:

Cabba, Califla/Kale (team) Videl/Great Saiyaman (team), Roshi, Zarbon, Raditz, Tapion, and Gogeta.

While Gogeta could be the SS4 version from GT, I'd bet money that it's the new SSB Gogeta instead. Which is dumb, because we already have SSB Vegito, but, whatever.

Personally, I'd kick Zarbon and Tapion out and replace them with King Piccolo and Omega Shenron. Bundle Roshi and King Piccolo together as a Dragonball era pack, then SS4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron as a GT pack. Cabba and Califla/Kale are a Super pack and Raditz and Videl/Great Saiyaman make the final Z pack. Bam. Everyone gets something.

But that makes too much sense so of course Bandai won't do it.
reported for off topic

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
reported for being online at 5:30 a.m EST
Reported for being in EST. West Coast Best Coast!

why are u discussing DBZ in this thread????
Because the guy I quoted was discussing it and I answered?

1) Lighten up. It's in the dead of morning and no one's here.
2) Reporting people should be saved for when someone's actively creating a scene and inhibiting discussion and hurting others. I should know, I was the admin for AllisBrawl for two years.
3) It's all good though. Report me to your heart's content. There's just no need to then type up "I reported you" in the public space. You're just doing it for show, then.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Man I sure do want to play as :ultyoshi:

Especially since they seem to have his shield fixed (I hope)
Realtalk I'm worried. I'm no good with Peach and Daisy only has one, maybe two total gameplay differences found so far. I've been campaigning for my girl since before Brawl but now that I've got her, I'm worried I'll never actually be good with her and I'll just end up maining Young Link or Lucina instead.

This is gonna be the hardest Smash launch I've ever had.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Love all these companies co-promoting the release of Smash Ultimate! Even the twitter page of Bomberman helps out..

reported for off topic
Why mention that you reported someone? It comes off as you wanting to start an argument. Just report someone and let the mods do their work if it's necessary.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Realtalk I'm worried. I'm no good with Peach and Daisy only has one, maybe two total gameplay differences found so far. I've been campaigning for my girl since before Brawl but now that I've got her, I'm worried I'll never actually be good with her and I'll just end up maining Young Link or Lucina instead.

You can just play as her for fun. That's what I'm doing with Sonic since Brawl.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
Reported for being in EST. West Coast Best Coast!

Because the guy I quoted was discussing it and I answered?

1) Lighten up. It's in the dead of morning and no one's here.
2) Reporting people should be saved for when someone's actively creating a scene and inhibiting discussion and hurting others. I should know, I was the admin for AllisBrawl for two years.
3) It's all good though. Report me to your heart's content. There's just no need to then type up "I reported you" in the public space. You're just doing it for show, then.
i'm so sad you're getting the game 3 hours earlier.

im gonna get the mods to beat you up

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

I'm in a mixed bag. Out of my Top 3, Zelda is looking absolutely menacing and I love it, but Ike hasn't shown anything quite like her, and no one is touching Mega Man, who I fear is going to lose to every match-up just due to how every other character seemingly got strength, speed, range, and even some armor buffs and I'm just here like, "It's gonna be an uphill battle worse than Smash 4, gdi..."

It's like 6AM and there ain't no topic to be on. lol.
We've pretty much exhausted every topic ad nauseam. Ironic, just when we were getting close to 9000 pages and up, lmao

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm in a mixed bag. Out of my Top 3, Zelda is looking absolutely menacing and I love it, but Ike hasn't shown anything quite like her, and no one is touching Mega Man, who I fear is going to lose to every match-up just due to how every other character seemingly got strength, speed, range, and even some armor buffs and I'm just here like, "It's gonna be an uphill battle worse than Smash 4, gdi..."
I'm actually incredibly hyped on Zelda. I picked her up as a secondary in Brawl and For because I surprisingly like her playstyle, but never treated her as a true main because she just... sucked. A viable Zelda could be the dark horse for my Ultimate main.

You can just play as her for fun. That's what I'm doing with Sonic since Brawl.
Yeah... I know. I just wanted to be a Daisy main. But I'm not sure if playing her will eventually become an acquired taste or if the moveset just isn't for me. I can't get a handle on using floating in any meaningful way, and I hate the randomness of turnips so much.

But dammit I'm gonna try for the first few months.

i'm so sad you're getting the game 3 hours earlier.

im gonna get the mods to beat you up
Wait, no. If you're EST you get them three hours earlier.

But joke's on you, I bought mine digitally. We're getting it at the same time! Ha!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
We've pretty much exhausted every topic ad nauseam. Ironic, just when we were getting close to 9000 pages and up, lmao
Probably gonna end up missing page 9001 due to my schedule. If anyone got there while I am not here, tag me please XD

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know what we could talk about.

G&W's forward smash. :troll:
Wait. I avoided the forums all week during the spoilerific stage. I missed it.

What happened to G&W's Fsmash?

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Honestly Im having a good feeling we will get something at the VGAs, even if it's just a PP release date. The game launching will likely lead to a lot of activity too I imagine.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually incredibly hyped on Zelda. I picked her up as a secondary in Brawl and For because I surprisingly like her playstyle, but never treated her as a true main because she just... sucked. A viable Zelda could be the dark horse for my Ultimate main.

Yeah... I know. I just wanted to be a Daisy main. But I'm not sure if playing her will eventually become an acquired taste or if the moveset just isn't for me. I can't get a handle on using floating in any meaningful way, and I hate the randomness of turnips so much.

But dammit I'm gonna try for the first few months.

Wait, no. If you're EST you get them three hours earlier.

But joke's on you, I bought mine digitally. We're getting it at the same time! Ha!

I preordered on amazon but i realized that meant i'd wait till the evening to get smash so

CATCH ME AT MIDNIGHT

also the mods don't get enough attention so i'm still gonna make them attack you so they feel loved ok? no hard feelings

D

Deleted member

Nothing besides what was already known. It's supposed to have the feather removed in an update though we still don't know how it'll look. Nintendo only confirmed they'll remove it.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly Im having a good feeling we will get something at the VGAs, even if it's just a PP release date. The game launching will likely lead to a lot of activity too I imagine.
I'm still not sure. A part of me is like, "Yeah, it's the PERFECT time to announce Smash stuff because it's literally the launch day." The other part is like, "Yeah, but Nintendo's already marketed the **** out of this game and everyone watching the Game Awards knows Smash exists by now, so if they announce anything it should be a new, non-Smash announcement."

My only wish is that if Nintendo's there, they show us something more exciting than that one time they announced Cranky Kong was in DKCR:TF.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still not sure. A part of me is like, "Yeah, it's the PERFECT time to announce Smash stuff because it's literally the launch day." The other part is like, "Yeah, but Nintendo's already marketed the **** out of this game and everyone watching the Game Awards knows Smash exists by now, so if they announce anything it should be a new, non-Smash announcement."

My only wish is that if Nintendo's there, they show us something more exciting than that one time they announced Cranky Kong was in DKCR:TF.
They are going to announce Cranky Kong for Bayonetta 3.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm actually incredibly hyped on Zelda. I picked her up as a secondary in Brawl and For because I surprisingly like her playstyle, but never treated her as a true main because she just... sucked. A viable Zelda could be the dark horse for my Ultimate main
I use Zelda in Smash 4. I picked her up because of her Hyrule Warriors mod and stuck with her since. I consider myself OK with her (at least OK enough to get lightning kicks consistently, but my definition of expert play involves reading others like a book and I am no wiz at that).

I think I'll be fine as it is though. I use a lot of different characters and I'm not exactly competitive so it's no skin off my nose.

Probably gonna end up missing page 9001 due to my schedule. If anyone got there while I am not here, tag me please XD
If I don't confuse you for the other Aurane Aurane then sure. Just be careful around that guy. He's a bit... trigger-happy.
kappa.png

I'm not entirely convinced we're getting news, but gosh do I hope so. I need some energy again after that last Direct. Maybe we can finally lay the supposed Square-Enix rep to rest finally. Please, for the love of Arceus and all that is not Galeem, please put this horrible debate of suspense and terror to permanent rest!
MAO.png

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

G&W's FSmash has a feather on his head, making him look like a Native American. It is a reference to a G&W game where you had to stop Native Americans from burning down your fortress. Some folks are clearly not very happy about this, so Nintendo announce they are gonna change it.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I preordered on amazon but i realized that meant i'd wait till the evening to get smash so

CATCH ME AT MIDNIGHT

also the mods don't get enough attention so i'm still gonna make them attack you so they feel loved ok? no hard feelings
Dude, I stopped preordering games from Amazon. On six tries two were a day late, two were indefinitely late so I canceled, and one was for the wrong console. The only game they actually got correct was God Wars for the Vita.

Which is weird, because I don't have problems with other things I order. It was specifically videogames.

Oh and yeah, sure whatever. I can take 'em.

They are going to announce Cranky Kong for Bayonetta 3.
Okay. Not gonna lie. That would be a pretty fantastic announcement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom