• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
They just got Ninjas_be_gone. Nintendo ruthless.
Well, we have literally less than 10 days to go. At least we're aware of how little time we have before we get the game. And inevitably disband.

Nintenjas are my favorite.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It is like, 1 of 3 of Ike's actually recognizable moves.

Come, ON, Sakurai.
Would've been neat if it was a Forward Smash or that Up-B Custom that gave a projectile was the default.

Better yet, give him that as new Down-B.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Ehhhhhhhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

doubting it
You guys gotta stop getting mad at leakers with a pretty good track record because they got one thing wrong.
Next time it happens I'm gonna dig deep in your profile and bring up some posts containing false information, and then proceed to say you're a liar who wants attention. /s
I mean what I says and I says what I mean

There's literally a bunch of proof for this leak, and this
Yeah...think it's safe to say we got a esrb 2.0 on our hands lads.

Roberk

Smash Champion
It is like, 1 of 3 of Ike's actually recognizable moves.

Come, ON, Sakurai.
"Giving characters projectiles is hard to balance"
>Cloud gets the projectile Ike should've gotten and it's not broken, it's just Cloud that's broken

This is why some characters should be more open to reworks, Sonic still just a bunch of spin-dashes and a spring.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Would've been neat if it was a Forward Smash or that Up-B Custom that gave a projectile was the default.

Better yet, give him that as new Down-B.
My idea was make down smash a modified more offensive neutral B eruption while his new neutral B can be blade beam.

In fact, there's like a ****ton of things I want done with Ike, like
The luna part of aether
The one handed chop he does
quick draw not being inexplicably slow for some reason
jumping out of quick draw (Thanks Project M)
Angling his ftilt (again, Project M)
turning into vanguard/lord Ike during his final smash...

But all of that isn't as important as giving him a blade beam. Please, Sakurai. Cloud got one, why can't Ike?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
>Cloud lost his Black First Class Soldier Alt for a Yellow/Brownish Soldier alt

WAIT NANI? REALLY? I PLAYED HIM A ****TONS OF TIMES IN THE DEMO AND DIDNT REALIZED
I had been dying to see Link's icons, because I couldn't even tell the difference between nearly half of them, but the earrings do stand out a bit now.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Apparently the Music of the Day on the blog is a track not in the actual game...

It's the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 Trailer track...
The blog is worded poorly, they mean the track isn't actually in Breath of the Wild, only the 2017 trailer.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay I'm trying to picture everything together for the unlockables based on the information that we have right now

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 10.19.35 PM.png

MIA: :ultbowser::ultmetaknight::ultcorrin::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultwolf::ultvillager: (MIA on some are for how to unlock them before their string can happen)
I think that's all of them. Lemme know if any of these are wrong

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Okay I'm trying to picture everything together for the unlockables based on the information that we have right now

:ultmario: :ultdk: :ultlink: :ultsamus: :ultyoshi: :ultkirby: :ultfox: :ultpikachu:
:ultsonic::ultpokemontrainer: :ultpokemontrainer::ultbowserjr: :ultkrool: :ultisabelle::ultdarksamus::ultinkling: :ultlucario: :ultness: :ultfalcon: :ultshulk:
:ultbayonetta: :ultrosalina: :ulticeclimbers: :ultsimon: :ultpichu::ultcloud::ultwiifittrainer: :ultjigglypuff::ultpacman: :ultzss::ultfalco: :ultisabelle:
:ultdoc::ultlittlemac::ultpichu: :ultgreninja: :ultyounglink: :ultwario::ultincineroar: :ultpeach::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy: :ultpichu:
:ultrichter::ultpalutena: :ultdarkpit::ultmegaman:
:ulttoonlink: :ultdiddy:

:ultlittlemac: :ultpichu: :ultbowser: :ultmetaknight: :ultcorrin: :ultzelda: :ultmarth:
:ultolimar::ultike::ultroy: :ultduckhunt::ultrosalina: :ultpokemontrainer: :ultsnake: :ultlucas: :ultrobin: :ultlucina: :ultryu:
:ultluigi::ultdoc: :ultken::ultgreninja: :ultrosalina: :ultrichter: :ultpalutena: :ultridley: :ultlucina::ultganondorf::ultpalutena:
:ultrob: :ultlucas: :ultgreninja: :ultyounglink: :ultchrom: :ultridley:
:ultgnw: :ultpalutena: :ultchrom:

MIA: :ultbowser::ultmetaknight::ultcorrin::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultmewtwo::ultwolf::ultvillager: (MIA on some are for how to unlock them before their string can happen)
I think that's all of them. Lemme know if any of these are wrong
I'm not following how this is meant to be read, or what sort of sense it's meant to make.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

SonicMario

Smash Master
So wait... character unlocks aren't random?
Yeah, it just seemed random at first because it was strange to see choices like K. Rool being the first one unlocked by Link. But as soon as that started to be more commonplace well... yeah.

And then recently Vs. Matches were found to not be quite so random either. You either go through your paths in World of Light, pick and choose via Classic Mode, or just go through the Vs. Match method that starts with Ness and ends with Palutena.

Or a mixture of both if there are characters you want that takes a while in one method but takes much faster in the other method

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Yeah, it just seemed random at first because it was strange to see choices like K. Rool being the first one unlocked by Link. But as soon as that started to be more commonplace well... yeah.

And then recently Vs. Matches were found to not be quite so random either. You either go through your paths in World of Light, pick and choose via Classic Mode, or just go through the Vs. Match method that starts with Ness and ends with Palutena.

Or a mixture of both if there are characters you want that takes a while in one method but takes much faster in the other method
Well that's good. Because I heard you unlock Sonic by beating Mario's classic mode. Is thst true?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So wait... character unlocks aren't random?
Nope. There are specific characters that unlock other characters.
And there's a set order in VS. mode.

Someone posted this earlier and I wanted to follow up on all the information if it's correct. Somehow the way how this site posted the emojis didn't work as well so I had to do a quick screen cap

https://smashboards.com/attachments/jwznugx-jpg.180277/
That someone would be yours truly.
But yeah the image was last updated on Sunday (I think), so it wasn't completely up to date.
It was kind of weird seeing Yoshi not unlock anyone, so there were definitely missing pieces.
Unfortunately, a lot of the streams where the info was are gone now, so it's difficult to find the missing pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom