• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who the hell is Ninja?
Fortnite streamer
Most popular streamer in the world in fact.
He teeters between being a casual dude and flipping his **** when he gets killed and trying to ban people for supposedly stream sniping.

D

Deleted member

>Final Direct, while some don't like it, it rounded out the info we needed to know and the WoL trailer was hype.
>Full game and roster being playable at demo events and tournaments, giving us tons of footage.
>Game leaked, and for the people that like to be spoiled they got all of the glorious remixes and hours of gameplay of classic mode, spirits, bosses, etc. We now know literally everything in the game.

I'd say it was great tbh, especially this last week with the datamine craziness. Better than the awful drought that was October.
Honestly, if the Direct was worded and paced much more better, it would've been "pretty good". The fact of the matter is, it wouldn't really have a chance of living up to the insane August Direct with the reveal of how many songs are in, stages, King K. Rool and Castlevania, it was shot after shot. And yes, I'm even taking into account World of Light.

But man, the pacing and handling of everything felt disorganized and made the Direct as a whole justifiably a pretty bad Direct. Didn't help when we had one of the most convincing hoaxes we've seen in a long time. I sincerely do hope we get livestream Directs akin to Smash For where we had mid-updates and like a "Final Smash Direct".

Iridium

Smash Hero
Holy. Heck.

If you want good renders and icons of characters in the game, here is a good place to check. You might end up getting spoiled with bosses, so do so with caution.

D

Deleted member

Fortnite streamer
He teeters between being a casual dude and flipping his **** when he gets killed and trying to ban people for supposedly stream sniping.
Ah, so nobody to give two craps about then. Got it.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Fortnite streamer
You just described every FPS gamer/streamer.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm kind of glad the game leaked, because this is our first official look at Squad Strike, and it's the mode that everyone was fearing would be the only mode.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm kind of glad the game leaked, because this is our first official look at Squad Strike, and it's the mode that everyone was fearing would be the only mode.
I'm glad that option to pick how to do Squad matches is there.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
So now that there is officially no second November Nintendo Direct. How likely are Spawn Waves claims of the first Smash DLC character being revealed at the game awards?

Untouch

Smash Master
So now that there is officially no second November Nintendo Direct. How likely are Spawn Waves claims of the first Smash DLC character being revealed at the game awards?
I feel a TGA reveal is incredibly unlikely, they probably don't have anything to show off yet unless it's just a minor tease.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Spawn was right in a way.
It was confirmed the intel of a second November Direct was the Nintendo Live.

In a very roundabout way Spawn was correct, but his info was wrong. I hope I'm making sense here.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Corrin doesn't even hint at any LGBTQ+ topic during their Smash appearance. Not even the slightest. It goes completely unmentioned. So...not the best example.
By contrast though, not every straight character in Smash goes around with even the slightest hint of their sexuality either, and most characters don't even mention having a relationship period. Corrin is little different from them in that regard, they're still Bi regardless of whether they broadcast it for the world to see in game because that's who they are as a character, it's just not something that is necessary to pop up in gameplay so it's not shown.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
For me, very slim we will be getting anything Smash related at the VGAs.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, but not all of them have access to a hotline straight to the devs so they can pour salt directly into a dev's ears, lol.
Imagine being able to bellow out your salt right to the Devs. And for whatever reason they give in to your stupidest demands.

"I...I think Mario should be faster than Sonic and aim his Fireballs like Metal Blades."

Roberk

Smash Champion
Corrin doesn't even hint at any LGBTQ+ topic during their Smash appearance. Not even the slightest. It goes completely unmentioned. So...not the best example.
Don't mean to be rude but, how would they? What would "better" LGBTQ+ reps do that Corrin doesn't?

D

Deleted member

It really does depend, because during all this time the past few months, I've combed through the videos and any possible SpawnCasts and don't see his sources say anything about a second Direct or even this month or a Smash DLC reveal.

Judging by his Twitter, most chips are on Metroid Prime Trilogy + Metroid Prime 4 @ The Game Awards. That being said, he doesn't deny it happening. Add on the pretty much perfect streak he still has, it could be possible. Remember that Spawn knows stuff before we do like three to four weeks or even months ahead of all of us for anything so who knows lmao

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
By contrast though, not every straight character in Smash goes around with even the slightest hint of their sexuality either, and most characters don't even mention having a relationship period. Corrin is little different from them in that regard, they're still Bi regardless of whether they broadcast it for the world to see in game because that's who they are as a character, it's just not something that is necessary to pop up in gameplay so it's not shown.
I think you're misunderstanding...?
What I was saying was that:

Roberk implied LGBTQ+ rep through Corrin in Smash was a visible thing in China as they replied to the statement of "any LGBTQ+ rep doesn't go in China". My point was that because there are no visibly LGBTQ+ elements to Corrin in Smash that it doesn't really go with the point the OP was making about how China (according to OP) frowns upon LGBTQ+ rep.

It's not about the whole "WELL YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOW THE LGBTQ+ PART" it's that, because Corrin didn't, it's not really...any kind of representation for China to frown upon.

Don't mean to be rude but, how would they? What would "better" LGBTQ+ reps do that Corrin doesn't?
Read the above, you misunderstood my point.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Imagine being able to bellow out your salt right to the Devs. And for whatever reason they give in to your stupidest demands.

"I...I think Mario should be faster than Sonic and aim his Fireballs like Metal Blades."
I wish,
then maybe I'd get some blade beaaaaaaaams.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Holy. Heck.

If you want good renders and icons of characters in the game, here is a good place to check. You might end up getting spoiled with bosses, so do so with caution.
>Cloud lost his Black First Class Soldier Alt for a Yellow/Brownish Soldier alt

WAIT NANI? REALLY? I PLAYED HIM A ****TONS OF TIMES IN THE DEMO AND DIDNT REALIZED

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The length of Sephiroth's sword has been massively exaggerated over the years. This is his sword in the actual game, just a tad longer than he is tall.

This so much. This needs to be documented and maintained for everyone who tries to pull a "Too Big" on Sephiroth and his sword!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Not likely.
Even if we do get anything at the VGAs, he would be correct through mere coincidence rather than inside info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom