• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What did they do?
Composer dude is a Japanese nationalist. Treats the rest of the world like ****. He's racist, homophobic, etc.

Nah. If we have to get Dragon Quest music from him for a Dragon Quest character? Leave Dragon Quest the **** out of Smash.

Last edited:

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
This is my particular reason I have no interest in seeing it get ANYTHING in Smash. I know how big of a franchise it is, but nah fam. I ain't gonna pay you for your ****ty beliefs.

le what

Can someone explain this with legit sources?

EDIT: Never mind. Any real proof of that or is it just the usual generalizing?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Huh? What's this about homo stuff?
If this is about DQ, whever you are responding too is just talking about the directer and his political views

which the game, DQXI, has none of so it shouldnt matter as the game is still kick ass and absent of any and all of his political views

and no, his music being midi has nothing to do with his Stupid politicaly backwards mind. ***** is just stingy

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Actually, that's the remastered edition. Coming along with plenty of other Final Fantasy games never before on Nintendo.

I'm assuming you actually meant the FFVII remake, not the remaster.

Even ignoring the possibility of the remake coming to the switch, there are a slew of reasons for fans wanting to play the remaster.

1. While they wait for the remake which doesn't look like it'll be coming out soon.
2. Some people may prefer the original over the remake.
3. Taking it on the go.
4. Nintendo folk who've never gotten to play them before.

That's just naming a few strong reasons.
Never before, not never owned.
Yeah I meant remas... remake. I didn't know the ones coming to Switsch are remasters!
Doesn't your second point contradict with your first statement?
Nintendo folk happens to own other consoles than Nintendo.
Yes, I ve heard those reasons. There're on every Nintendo Switch ad :p

So, Seifer's not feeling so hot? Ya know?

*Sorry, I just had to*
I have no clue what that means., sorry.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
can I be honest? The fact some people are "ahh who cares? dont feel sorry for sakurai" Despite him working on these games with no break is a very bad look
I feel bad for him, my only problem is that this happens to literally ever video game developer. It's like people think working hard and having your game leaked and pirated is something exclusive to Sakurai, and these same people most likely don't get up in arms when this happens with other games.
Yes, Sakurai is a hard worker, this has been happening in the industry for years. It's nothing new and it's not an isolated incident.

beans

Smash Lord
So he have a list of all possible square enix DLC characters that he thinks could be added... is just a regular logic square enix list with all the obvious choices, I don't feel like is anything new.
Theres a bit of context missing.
Sora was said to not be in.
Geno is not to be taken seriously, presumably cause everyone and their mom already leaked Geno.

Overall, if Verge wasnt ready to release the list or make any statement on it, I believe he doesnt have anything conclusive to rule out or confirm any character from SE.

D

Deleted member

The composer to Dragon Quest owns the music rights like Uematsu so he'd need royalties. He is a MASSIVE homophobe
The long and the short of it is that Dragon Quest's composer is an all round *******.
Oh. Welp. That's a shame. But still, I'd be excited to see a DQ rep, mainly Erdrick or Able. And no, it's not because I agree with the composer, not at all. I just think Dragon Quest would be a great series to add to Smash.
If this is about DQ, whever you are responding too is just talking about the directer and his political views

which the game, DQXI, has none of so it shouldnt matter as the game is still kick *** and absent of any and all of his political views

and no, his music being midi has nothing to do with his Stupid politicaly backwards mind. ***** is just stingy
Yeah, I'm not gonna let an asshole like that stop me from wanting a DQ rep.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Composer dude is a Japanese nationalist. Treats the rest of the world like ****. He's racist, homophobic, etc.

Nah. If we have to get Dragon Quest music from him for a Dragon Quest character? Leave Dragon Quest the **** out of Smash.
Also, unless Sakurai pulls off a miracle, us westerners wouldn't even get the original orchestral tracks, only synthesized MIDI versions.

That's how petty this guy is.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m not exactly understanding the logic how you can say “the statement about sora means nothing” and then immediately say “the statement about geno deconfirms disconfirms him.. Mind explaining?
Fixed some grammar. It's disconfirm instead of deconfirm, and periods go inside of quotes if you end sentences with them.

Anyways, SE doesn't really care about Geno. Speak to anyone who knows anything and they'll tell you that. Verge even made a comment saying something similar to this, but I'm too lazy to find it. The spirit can be explained by how easy it is to ask for a .png instead of a playable character. Same thing with the Mii costume.

Sora is...an interesting case. Like I said, some people say he's in (Spawn Wave), and others say he's not (one of Verge's sources), and I wouldn't trust any definite statements because no one knows who it is.

The only way we'll find out who the SE rep is is when they're actually revealed. I'm convinced of this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, what are your thoughts on this?
Definitely an oversight, due to the skin being white beforehand. But if people make it a big deal, they're going to have to pick their poison. Leave it in the game and get criticism for "portrayal" or revert the skin back to it's light tone and get criticism for "white-washing". It's a hole dug by Nintendo AND the people.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not ruling out ANY character from Square for Smash, but my brain tends to lead toward these two outcomes.

1) It's Geno/Geno & Mallow. Discussions have already happened about using them. Simply the easiest outcome and they sell DLC because they capture the attention of Smash fans as well as anyone who is nostalgic enough to have bought the SNES Classic.

2) It's a second FF character like Sephiroth.

THOSE seem the easiest options for Sakurai and thus seem the most logical in my mind. Sora has to square up with Disney and Square. Dragon Quest has a ****ty composer. I can't speak for how hard Akira Toriyama is to bargain with, but he's a part of both the Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger talks.

So....the easiest paths imply second FF rep or Geno/Geno & Mallow.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Fixed some grammar. It's disconfirm instead of deconfirm, and periods go inside of quotes if you end sentences with them.

Anyways, SE doesn't really care about Geno. Speak to anyone who knows anything and they'll tell you that. Verge even made a comment saying something similar to this, but I'm too lazy to find it. The spirit can be explained by how easy it is to ask for a .png instead of a playable character. Same thing with the Mii costume.

Sora is...an interesting case. Like I said, some people say he's in (Spawn Wave), and others say he's not (one of Verge's sources), and I wouldn't trust any definite statements because no one knows who it is.

The only way we'll find out who the SE rep is is when they're actually revealed. I'm convinced of this.
Wait, why's Geno on the list in the first place then?

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Definitely an oversight, due to the skin being white beforehand. But if people make it a big deal, they're going to have to pick their poison. Leave it in the game and get criticism for "portrayal" or revert the skin back to it's light tone and get criticism for "white-washing". It's a hole dug by Nintendo AND the people.
Still going to be my main color for Villager.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, unless Sakurai pulls of a miracle, us westerners wouldn't even get the original orchestral tracks, only synthesized MIDI versions.

That's how petty this guy is.
Sakurai actually cares about the west so this tidbit makes me feel better lol
spill the tea what did they do
See Fischer and TeenGirlSquad's mentions

monadoboy

Smash Lord
And you will for 99.99% of the game's lifespan.

Or you know, just play online at any time with the roster you've obtained. Surely there's someone in the original 8 or in the early unlockables you'll have will interest you.

If not, that's your problem.
How is that my problem?

Sakurai talked about a streamlined method of unlocking characters.

There isn't one.

That's pretty ****ty of them imo. People love to call Sakurai a "liar" and "troll" unjustly, but this one feels like a blatant lie, or pure incompetence.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
When's the funeral?
right now
Crunchii = Sonic

By the way, this tweet comes at same time crunchii's YT channel got removed

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait, why's Geno on the list in the first place then?
Misinformation. Geno is a popular speculation pick, so it'd be natural to think he's the SE rep. If SE releases a list and Geno is on it, people will believe it's Geno when in reality it's someone else.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh boy..
1) We were talking about KHIII. Is that coming to PS3 :/

2) I mean when were facts based on opinions?
Yet it's not a crossover of gaming, but animation and a splash of gaming, a very tiny corner of it too. Smash, is a real crossover of gaming.
Look, I'm not denying its popularity, but we can't say things like biggest, awesomest, most.., and most.. etc. without looking at real numbers. Again every fanbase think that, and again, it's not s deciding factor. Might help, but not a factor.

3) Did that educated speculation predict Piranha? No. That's what I was trying to say.

I have no knowledge of that so I can't argue, but I highly doubt it. I'm taking Namco-Bandai as an almost exact example.
1) No, I said the HD Remixes along with Kingdom Hearts III. KHIII is possible for Switch with some reworks, since SE was doing tests to see how Unreal ran on Switch, which KHIII is using for it Engine.

2) Doesn't matter if it's not a Crossover for Gaming or Animation, that wasn't the point. I said it's one of the most successful crossover series, that is a fact. Numbers will prove it along with common sense based on how often it's brought up in various places.
No, it's not a deciding factor, but why choose something less popular over something more popular essentially guaranteed to sell.

3) Nothing would have predicted Piranha Plant, he was Sakurai's oddball pick this time. They wouldn't do an oddball pick for a 3rd Party character.

https://youtu.be/CV76QegRezE
Watch that. Disney solely owns Kingdom Hearts. Further proof, Square Enix logo removed from merchandise, such as this Pop figure set...the Square Enix logo only appears on the logo when Square Enix had a hand in the product, such as games and play arts figures.
https://cdn.poppriceguide.com/guide...ydonaldtron3-packglowinthedark_1512688184.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom