• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
100%, sorry i didnt mean to make it actually sound that harsh. Tbh, i think its either Chrono or Geno. If you keep reading, is likely Sephiroth is the character Vergeben believes is impossible to make in design alone, as the others make no sense in that context.

Im also against the DQ characters simply because 3 names are apparently being thrown around (which sounds like baiting of the franchise to me as a whole) and DQs music license is even a worse nightmare than FFs.

So Chrono or Geno is who im betting on. Hell, hopefully we get both by some miracle.
Chrono makes sense but also...doesn't. Because it throws the "MUST BE RELEVANT AND PROMOTIONAL FOR SQUENIX" thing out of the window.
Chrono Trigger HD? Well then you gotta consider Geno too due to SMRPG on the SNES Mini.

These two are in the weirdest situation on the list.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
uh you didn't read the whole message i meant i pity him and his team cause the smash fanbase can be bad at times i retract my statement it isnt the most toxic fg community but it gets bad sometimes
. -> This is a period. It is used to end a sentence in most languages with Latin origins. I highly recommend it's usage, as it can help illustrate when you would like one coherent thought to end and another one to start.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
100%, sorry i didnt mean to make it actually sound that harsh. Tbh, i think its either Chrono or Geno. If you keep reading, is likely Sephiroth is the character Vergeben believes is impossible to make in design alone, as the others make no sense in that context.

Im also against the DQ characters simply because 3 names are apparently being thrown around (which sounds like baiting of the franchise to me as a whole) and DQs music license is even a worse nightmare than FFs.

So Chrono or Geno is who im betting on. Hell, hopefully we get both by some miracle.
Slime. Slime makes sense. Seriously, how do you make a moveset for it?

beans

Smash Lord
DQ is in a interesting conflict.
We have in one side a heavily featured and referenced character, Erdrick
In another we have the mascot of the franchise, Slime
and then we have sevente-- I mean Luminary, the most recent one.

Shroob

Sup?
Sephiroth would be neat.

But not happening. Even though it fits in the idea that "FF is for final fantasy 7 only".

I can't imagine FF getting a new stage, and mostly due to how I view how SE treats FF in Smash with a HUGE does of bias, but I'm not expecting him.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can someone link that Vergeben DM people are talking about?
The DM doesn't exist. It's a quote from someone who received a DM from Vergeben describing it on the Geno thread. Here's the quote:
Okay. Here's what I will do. I'm not sharing these DMs with everybody, I will share them with a few trusted members like Fatmanonice. DM me and I may share them with you only if I trust you enough. But I will, however, tell you the list of characters Verge mentioned.

Sephiroth, Crono, and DQ characters are the 3 he heard most. The DQ characters include Erdrick, Luminary who is the DQ11 protagonist, and Slime. He only heard Slime from 1 person. That's 5 of the characters right there. Geno is the sixth. He's heard Geno but he was told to "not take him too seriously". This sounds like bias, personally. The seventh character, Sora, he said "was told to him as NOT in the game". If Geno was deconfirmed, he would have said the same thing he did with Sora. However, ofc, it seems like his bias puts him on iffy terms with Geno, but it's still noteworthy that he's heard Geno. Which matches my source. So, in total, the names are:

-Sephiroth
-Crono
-Erdrick
-Luminary (Dq11)
-Slime
-Geno
-Sora (who is NOT in)
This DM has apparently been going around within insider groups for a while, it's just that PolarPanda is the only one stupid enough to actually leak it. The list and Verge's comments ultimately mean little as Square Enix has done a masterful job throwing around misinformation, and there are likely characters out there that aren't on this list. Most misinformation surrounds Sora, which is why some people say he's in, and others say he isn't, so I'd disregard that comment.

The statement about Geno should be taken literally though. He's not the SE rep. It'll likely be a DQ character or Crono though. Between those two I'd say Crono is most likely as he's mostly owned by SE, and would be easiest to implement.

Last edited:

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
can I be honest? The fact some people are "ahh who cares? dont feel sorry for sakurai" Despite him working on these games with no break is a very bad look

You're entitled to your opinion.

But this stuff happens all the time. To literally every other game. Expecting the biggest Nintendo game of the year to not get leaked is an extremely naive mindset. The man's still getting paid regardless so he's probably not THAT mad about it.

It's almost creepy how people put Sakurai on this high pedestal this past week. The man's just a game developer with a passion.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Some people in this thread: "Aw damn it I'll have to play the game to get stuff. WTF!!!"

Makes me wonder what you people have been waiting for these past 9 months. To play one character? :psycho:

The game even supports cloud saves. So you won't have to do it again after the first week of release for the next 8 years.
I want to play online with the full roster tho

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The DM doesn't exist. It's a quote from someone who received a DM from Vergeben describing it on the Geno thread. Here's the quote:

This DM has apparently been going around within insider groups for a while, it's just that PolarPanda is the only one stupid enough to actually leak it. The list ultimately means little, especially in regards to Sora, as Square Enix has done a masterful job throwing around misinformation. Most of this surrounds Sora, which is why some people say he's in, and others say he isn't.

The statement about Geno should be taken literally though. He's not the SE rep. It'll likely be a DQ character or Crono though. Between those two I'd say Crono is most likely as he's mostly owned by SE, and would be easiest to implement.
Hey TPC;

Verge himself though was implied to believe Geno's still in the running and that he felt the source against Geno was biased. Wanted to know if this changes any of your thoughts? If not, well, you're the master here, lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly a Dragon Quest character is one of the only additions they could have leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth because I make it a point not to give homophobes a single penny if I can
This is my particular reason I have no interest in seeing it get ANYTHING in Smash. I know how big of a franchise it is, but nah fam. I ain't gonna pay you for your ****ty beliefs.

beans

Smash Lord
Also, what happened with Spawn Wave?
Where is the resident most knowledgeable on him, TotsBS?

D

Deleted member

All I'm saying is nobody linking the World of Light stuff and watching it gets to complain when we never get a story mode again lmao
Oh yeah, Sakurai did say that. I’m sorry about that then, and I’m parry to anyone I might have unintentionally spoiled.

This DM has apparently been going around within insider groups for a while, it's just that PolarPanda is the only one stupid enough to actually leak it. The list ultimately means little, especially in regards to Sora, as Square Enix has done a masterful job throwing around misinformation. Most of this surrounds Sora, which is why some people say he's in, and others say he isn't.

I’m not exactly understanding the logic how you can say “the statement about sora means nothing” and then immediately say “the statement about geno deconfirms him”. Mind explaining?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey TPC;

Verge himself though was implied to believe Geno's still in the running and that he felt the source against Geno was biased. Wanted to know if this changes any of your thoughts? If not, well, you're the master here, lol
1. I ain't no master lol. I'm like a mid-level guy.
2. My thoughts on Geno haven't changed at all. Dude's still not getting in.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I want to play online with the full roster tho
And you will for 99.99% of the game's lifespan.

Or you know, just play online at any time with the roster you've obtained. Surely there's someone in the original 8 or in the early unlockables you'll have will interest you.

If not, that's your problem.

D

Deleted member

Honestly a Dragon Quest character is one of the only additions they could have leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth because I make it a point not to give homophobes a single penny if I can
Huh? What's this about homo stuff?
All I'm saying is nobody linking the World of Light stuff and watching it gets to complain when we never get a story mode again lmao
And people wonder why Sakurai doesn't like to develop story modes...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
1. I ain't no master lol. I'm like a mid-level guy.
2. My thoughts on Geno haven't changed at all. Dude's still not getting in.
Eh, compared to my plebian "ME WANT GENO" brain we're all masters
And, interesting to know. Thanks.

wait wait wait what list what did i miss
Squenix reps.

Slime
Luminary
Crono
Erdrick
Geno
Sephiroth
Sora

Status