• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You do know that your argument there falls apart due to the fact that every console is getting the pocket edition right?
You do know that I didn't know and you may want to know that you could've simply said it's coming to every console, but you know, there wasn't any argument there. So if you'd like to know ,it didn't fall apart, because you know, it wasn't there to begin with. Just so you know.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think the issue some people may have may be more in regards to replay's at some point in the future. For now it would be fun to go through Classic and WoL to unlock everyone, but if at any point in the future you had to start with a fresh save, going through WoL (Unless your fave happens to be an early unlock there) or Classic (or vs with the reset exploit that may or may not get patched at some point) might be a bit more of a tedious grind to go through, especially if you want to unlock your favourite character asap but have to pray that the RNG will be nice to you....

Just my two cents on that. I think Amiibo unlocks as an option to get your main guaranteed would have been appreciated.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I think I’ll stick with VS modes for unlocking characters, playing Classic over and over again just to get some rando you don’t even play as sounds boring as hell.

Besides there’s like 61 characters to unlock (Not counting DLC), what’s the odds of it going:

5 matches= this character
10 matches= this character
15 matches = this character

Sounds faster to me.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
edit: I can't spoiler correctly, apparently.

But "that" rumor about Master Hand is probably fake.

(Didn't we have this same exact rumor of playable bosses before Wii U's launch? Really familiar.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man all this MegaMan Legends love in the spirits and Mega Man's Final Smash.

I just....Nintendo. Capcom. Please.

Megaman Legends 3. Nintendo Switch? 2019? 2020?

Just please.

D

Deleted member

I think I’ll stick with VS modes for unlocking characters, playing Classic over and over again just to get some rando you don’t even play as sounds boring as hell.

Besides there’s like 61 characters to unlock (Not counting DLC), what’s the odds of it going:

5 matches= this character
10 matches= this character
15 matches = this character

Sounds faster to me.
Same. I'll just got to Sudden Death and one stock the opponent over and over and over and over....

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
You'd be surprised. A lot of people replay JRPGs if they're a big enough fan of them.

And Absolutely. FF13 has amazing graphics, but no one's itching to replay that. FF is a game defined by its story and gameplay, not how pretty it looks.
I won't, I know some do. I guess it's for FF veteran fans, like a PS mini but better.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm literally just gonna do some classic modes to start then do some World of Light.

Y'know....just play the game normally.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So, I am doing a sort of linear chart of who unlocks who in Classic Mode. I'll post it here once I get all the characters that have been shown to be unlocked so far done.

D

Deleted member

Cool your jets. There's a ten minute cooldown. You're better off playing the game normally at that point.
Well, then I just wait 10 minutes before doing it again. Sudden Death Match, Unlock Character, Eat a Pizza and Watch The First 48. Rinse and Repeat. :)

Ivander

Smash Legend
Does anyone have a list on all the Spirits and what they do, or at least Roll's Spirit?
We don't have a full list on what the Spirits do and which fighters they use, but there is a picture of Roll Caskett's(AKA Megaman Legends Roll) Spirit.

So the idea is that she possesses Isabelle, she is joined by a Diddy Kong and by the looks of it, the Hocotate Bomb is going to be used alot.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
But FF7 on the Switch? that's the PS version right? To
Actually, that's the remastered edition. Coming along with plenty of other Final Fantasy games never before on Nintendo.
FF7 remastered is on the way, honestly that was weird
I'm assuming you actually meant the FFVII remake, not the remaster.

Even ignoring the possibility of the remake coming to the switch, there are a slew of reasons for fans wanting to play the remaster.

1. While they wait for the remake which doesn't look like it'll be coming out soon.
2. Some people may prefer the original over the remake.
3. Taking it on the go.
4. Nintendo folk who've never gotten to play them before.

That's just naming a few strong reasons.

D

Deleted member

Damn, where the hell do ya'll keep getting this new info from? Twitch streams or somthing?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
We don't have a full list on what the Spirits do and which fighters they use, but there is a picture of Roll Caskett's(AKA Megaman Legends Roll) Spirit.

So the idea is that she possesses Isabelle, she is joined by a Diddy Kong and by the looks of it, the Hocotate Bomb is going to be used alot.
Well I wasn't expecting for Roll to posses Isabelle of all characters lol.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Missed about 500 pages here

Only recap I need is whether Zinith Zinith is alive and well :yoshi:
As long as there's potential new Yoshi fans to recruit, I ain't gonna die anytime soon :yoshi:

He's currently watching Chuggaaconroy's latest video on repeat
Hehehe, oddly enough I only ever watched him for his Xenoblade Chronicles videos...

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650

I meant moreso on what Roll does when you equip her as a Spirit.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The absence of playable Crazy Hand is further proof that Nintendo hates lefties. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom